PDA

View Full Version : Relay for Nitrous

Steves LX
08-15-2008, 08:31 PM
O.K. I never claimed to be the sharpest tool in the shed so dont laugh but I need some help on this relay deal I have for my nitrous. I have a nitrous Express wet kit. I bought a 12V 20/30 amp relay with a harness from Craig. The wiring schematic that came with the nitrous kit shows the relay and what color wires off their harness go to. However the harness for this relay isn't the same color wires. Also the harness for the NX relay only has 4 wires. The one I have has 5 wires. And I dont know where to begin. Butr I will simplify this as much as possible. I need to hook one of the 18 GA wires on this harness to one side of the throttle switch. The other side of the switch goed to my ACC on the arming toggle switch. I need to hook one of the 14 gauge wires from the harness to 12V. I need to also hook one of the other 14 guage wires to the silenoids. And I have a low fuel pressure safety switch that has two terminals on it and one of the other 18GA wires on the relay harness goes to one side of it and the other terminal goes to ground. That leaves me one 14 guage wire on the harness and relay doing absolutely nothing. The way the low fuel pressure safety switch works is you adjust it to the lowest fuel pressure you'll accept while spraying if it drops below that the system will shut down. Not sure if any of this chaos helps or not but I am cluelesss on this electronic crap. The relay is a Bosch. The pin out I found on the internet is as follows.

pin 30 (14GA) high power feed must be fused
pin 85 (18GA) relay coil ground
pin 86 (18GA) relay coil feed(trigger wire)
pin 87 (14GA) high power output normally open
pin 87a (14GA) high power output normally closed.

Jeff88coupe
08-15-2008, 09:29 PM
http://nitrousdirect.com/wetkitinstructions.pdf

Use the wiring diagram in that file...on page 8.

I would wire the fuel pressure safety switch on the ground side of the solinoids. If the switch opens (too low of fuel pressure) the kills the ground...which turnes off the solinoids.

Steves LX
08-17-2008, 02:22 AM
O.K. thanks