PDA

View Full Version : nitrous working intermitten

Steves LX
08-17-2008, 03:23 PM
Well I got the whole relay deal figured out. So I take this thing out for a drive today and go to spray it fore the first time and it's hitting pretty hard and then it sounds and feels like it cuts off and on back and forth at higher RPM's. I'd say around 5000 or so. I checked all my wiring and its all good not really sure what the deal is here. Its a Nitrous Express wet kit. I am only running a 100 shot right now. My timing is at 10 degrees base and fuel at 40PSI. I am using 1 step colder plugs and they are gapped at .035. My bottle pressure was at 950-1000 PSI. I tried purging the system some more and ran again but that did nothing. Any ideas guys?

12seclx
08-17-2008, 03:49 PM
Sounds like a lean condition...
better stear clear of coupe's with Bogarts until it's resolved!
I know some local guys will run a one size bigger fuel jet than
recommended just to keep it from going lean....

:bigthumb

LOL!

Jeff88coupe
08-17-2008, 04:17 PM
NX's jet maps are usually on the rich side to keep them safe. Are you using a WOT or push button in the cockpit to activate the nitrous? Make sure your WOT switch isn't able to flex or move when activated. Make sure all your ground connections are good.

Jeff88coupe
08-17-2008, 04:18 PM
What do you normally run your timing at when you race on motor? On a 100 shot run it 4 degrees lower than that initial.

KenB
08-17-2008, 04:27 PM
You also need to verify that the solenoids aren't turning on and off. What do you have the solenoids power and ground wired to? If the power supply to it is not solid or the ground is questionable, it will do what you are describing.

Ken

Steves LX
08-17-2008, 04:55 PM
You also need to verify that the solenoids aren't turning on and off. What do you have the solenoids power and ground wired to? If the power supply to it is not solid or the ground is questionable, it will do what you are describing.

Ken

The power is coming off a 30 amp relay that is running off the battery. The ground for the silenoids is on the chasis. It is tied in with the ground on my purge silenoid.

Jeff I normally run at 15-16 base timing on motor. I will also make sure that my wot switch isn't flexing.

KenB
08-17-2008, 05:20 PM
The power is coming off a 30 amp relay that is running off the battery. The ground for the silenoids is on the chasis. It is tied in with the ground on my purge silenoid.

Jeff I normally run at 15-16 base timing on motor. I will also make sure that my wot switch isn't flexing.

I'd recommend grounding them directly to the battery to rule that out.

Ken

Steves LX
08-17-2008, 05:37 PM
I'd recommend grounding them directly to the battery to rule that out.

Ken

O.K. I will try that. I assume that my timimng is O.K. at 10 degrees base and fuel at 40PSI for a 100 shot. I plan to bump this up to 150. I just wanted to see what 100 was going to do. I have no tune done to the car at all. So anything I do with fuel or timing is global. I normally run 15-16 base timing and 38-40 PSI fuel on the street for everyday driving and at the track. I do plan to get a tune done eventually but I need to get rid of my junk 73mm C&L meter first. I know from past dyno pulls that my A/F is all over because of that.

1992MustangDW
08-17-2008, 08:28 PM
I think I seen your car my the mt. orab food court, looked good.

91lxnos
08-18-2008, 09:03 PM
are you running a filter on the nitros system? If so check the filter on the nitros system it may be gunked up you will have preasure but not volume and the nitrous will feel like it is cutting out......Just happend to a friend of mine. He tbl shot all the electrical only to find out it was a filter...my .02:bigthumb

Steves LX
08-18-2008, 09:10 PM
are you running a filter on the nitros system? If so check the filter on the nitros system it may be gunked up you will have preasure but not volume and the nitrous will feel like it is cutting out......Just happend to a friend of mine. He tbl shot all the electrical only to find out it was a filter...my .02:bigthumb

No I am not running a filter. I am running a low fuel pressure safety switch and I thought maybe my fuel pressure is fluxuating and that switch is cutting the system off but I disconnected it and ran it again and it did the same thing. So I hooked it back up and played with my wot switch on thge TB a little and sprayed it a few more timed up the road here and it seemed to be alright so maybe that was the problem.