PDA

View Full Version : Chris Henry back in stripes

BIGHONKEY
08-19-2008, 08:25 AM
I thought that would be a good headline for the paper. I told alot of people don't be suprized after his latest charges were droped that he would be back.

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6963

Holly
08-19-2008, 08:29 AM
After that statement Marvin Lewis made, this surprises me. I heard it on the news this morning. He's a cocky bastard (Henry).

BigBadStang
08-19-2008, 08:54 AM
Holly, I think Marvin doesn't have a clue as to what the front office is going to do from one day to the next. :lol:
btw...I got the goods in the mail! Thanks again!

Holly
08-19-2008, 09:11 AM
btw...I got the goods in the mail! Thanks again!

You are welcome! ;)

02mingryGT
08-19-2008, 11:22 AM
At least one veteran endorsed the move when it surfaced last week that the Bengals were talking to Henry.

"If he's going to play for anybody in the league, why not here?" asked defensive tackle John Thornton, who served as defensive captain last year. "The Bengals took a lot of crap for him. Why let him go somewhere else, and he goes plays for Dallas and he becomes a superstar? He knows this offense.

That quote pretty much sums it up. Funny how Dallas has become the new Oakland Raiders.

SMOKE
08-19-2008, 11:25 AM
I'm actually glad they re-signed him. I am one of the few people that could care less what he does on his own time, as long as he plays good football, which he does. When he is on the field, he is THE hardest playing receiver we have.

Black Horse
08-19-2008, 12:27 PM
Let's see if he can stay out of trouble until his 8 game suspension is over. My guess is he will be wearing stripes of a different color....

mustangboy
08-19-2008, 12:31 PM
Let's see if he can stay out of trouble until his 8 game suspension is ove

Actually the current suspension is 4 games. I still have no idea how someone with so much potential and talent can also be as dumb as he is.

Blackpony
08-19-2008, 12:56 PM
I think there should be a poll how long it'll take for him to get into trouble again

Mista Bone
08-19-2008, 01:52 PM
Lost his house and his SUV, I'll bet there is a ultimatium in his contract, one little hiccup and he's toast. Last year he was kinda showing up ocho cinco.

Holly
08-19-2008, 02:05 PM
Let's see if he can stay out of trouble until his 8 game suspension is over.

I thought they said 4 games this morning on the news, supposed to play in the game against Dallas. He might play this Saturday night, in the preseason game, one which I will be attending! :D

BIGHONKEY
08-19-2008, 02:43 PM
I thought they said 4 games this morning on the news, supposed to play in the game against Dallas. He might play this Saturday night, in the preseason game, one which I will be attending! :D

I'll be there too! My first Bengals game. Allthough it's a preseason game. I don't care.

05yellowgt
08-19-2008, 03:49 PM
Henry totally changes the team when he is playing in the slot. It is hard enough to keep both TJ and Chad in check but then when you combine that with what Henry can do on the field, the passing game really opens up.

COOP
08-19-2008, 06:21 PM
Henry totally changes the team when he is playing in the slot. It is hard enough to keep both TJ and Chad in check but then when you combine that with what Henry can do on the field, the passing game really opens up.

And when you add in Utecht lining up as the tight end and Chris Perry running out of the backfield, we could have a very dangerous passing game again, that is if our Origami line holds up.

Personally, I am glad to see him back. If he is going to play anywhere, it needs to be here. I just hope he can stay out of trouble this time, and I am a little worried about what this can mean for Lewis.

untamed
08-20-2008, 08:46 AM
I am glad he is back. He is my favorite player.He does need to get his head out of his rear and realize that for whatever reason, he is getting another chance. He seems to have had a different attitude when they interviewed him. His cockyness seems so have been humbled. I sure wish him the best. The Bengals really need him to keep it together. What a career he can have if he only would keep it clean.

DSSKing68
08-20-2008, 11:50 AM
I think I will bite my tongue on this one. I am not judging Henry, I just think it sends a bad message. Marvin might as well hand over his balls to Mike Brown now. It is clear he has a firm grip on them anyway.

:eek:

BIGHONKEY
08-20-2008, 11:52 AM
I am glad he is back. He is my favorite player.He does need to get his head out of his rear and realize that for whatever reason, he is getting another chance. He seems to have had a different attitude when they interviewed him. His cockyness seems so have been humbled. I sure wish him the best. The Bengals really need him to keep it together. What a career he can have if he only would keep it clean.

I hope you don't really mean that?? Do you mean just Bengals? Even so, shit. Anyway that being said I think he has great potential and has shined @ times. I have also seen him not go 100% for a ball so not to get hit hard. I am kinda happy they got him back and hopefully he stays on the straight and narrow.

Black Horse
08-20-2008, 12:33 PM
I still think he is a Vulcan....does anyone else notice his pointy ears? Bastard son of Spock?

BigBadStang
08-20-2008, 01:10 PM
I still think he is a Vulcan....does anyone else notice his pointy ears? Bastard son of Spock?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

mach_u
08-20-2008, 02:17 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
+1! :lol:

untamed
08-21-2008, 07:18 PM
I hope you don't really mean that?? Do you mean just Bengals? Even so, shit. Anyway that being said I think he has great potential and has shined @ times. I have also seen him not go 100% for a ball so not to get hit hard. I am kinda happy they got him back and hopefully he stays on the straight and narrow.

Yeh I mean as far as Bengals players, he is my favorite.

02mingryGT
08-22-2008, 12:51 PM
I think I will bite my tongue on this one. I am not judging Henry, I just think it sends a bad message. Marvin might as well hand over his balls to Mike Brown now. It is clear he has a firm grip on them anyway.

:eek:

Well that and your biased anyway.....:lol:

SWEET GT
08-22-2008, 03:04 PM
I love the last line "no one has lost more than this young man"

What the eff...he has been arrested numerous times, given MANY chances at making MILLIONS...and yet again he gets one more chance after being 100% broke...

I hope he stays on the right side of the law..

If it were me, I would have thanked the public and the team over and over and over and promised I wouldnt let them down on the field and off...

He is one lucky guy. I fuck up at my job..Im gone..no second chances..

BigBadStang
08-22-2008, 04:13 PM
...He is one lucky guy. I fuck up at my job..Im gone..no second chances..

You're right...only in the world of coddled, egotistical athletes.
Anyone in the real world steps on their dick once, they're DONE.

Blacksunshine
08-23-2008, 10:55 AM
Perfect...... The Bengals have sucked the entire time since I moved here in 92. It's losers like this peice of sh$t that make this team suck. Here goes another season in the toilet. Hey, at least we will make the headlines alot...... lol, Oh my God the Bengals Suck ...lol " Bengals Suck Bengals Suck Bengals Suck"" Bill Bushnell" lol

graysonracin
08-23-2008, 05:18 PM
This should be his last chance in the NFL period. If he wants to act like a thug in the ghetto, thats were he needs to be, with nothing except crime and drugs, because all the money he stood to get in the future wasnt enough to give up the hood life! I hope he messes up so that someone with equal or better talent who wants to play bad enough to keep out of the dumb sh**t henry is involved in can play.