PDA

View Full Version : Sprint in Newport

craigels
08-20-2008, 09:33 PM
I have been a Nextel customer for some time now. Long enough that the account has been in mother's name, with me paying the bill. At this time last year I went to the Sprint store in Cold Spring to upgrade phones and switch the plan over to my name. I got a new phone, set up to change names and was on my way. The new phone worked OK, but the account never got switched. No big deal.

Monday, I went to Sprint in the Newport Shopping Center and spoke with Ryan Stahl. He overly helpful! I explained exactly what I wanted to do... which was 1) switch account to my name 2) upgrade phones 3) switch service from Nextel to Sprint. Ryan layed out exactly what we needed to do and began working towards it right away. He switched service immediately, sold me a nice Samsung M520 with internet, GPS, Sprint TV/Radio, etc and set me up with an Everything plan. I spent an hour in the store and was completely setup when I left. He went above and beyond what I asked of him.

He then called me the next day to inform me of some trouble switching names on the account (my SSN is the exact account number of someone else that is delinquent)... he told he had to make some extra phone calls, but all was taken care of! He basically did all the leg work and saved me tons of time on hold with customer care!

All in all, my experience with Ryan at Sprint in Newport was excellent and I recommend anyone with Nextel or Sprint go and see him!

Craig

bobtsgt
08-20-2008, 09:44 PM
the phone freakin rocks. I'm going to steal it

YouGotJunk
08-20-2008, 09:54 PM
I went and done the exact sane thing this past weekend only i dealt with Justins (the camaro guy) store. i switched from nextel to sprint also and ended buying the samsung instinct. This phone is awesome and has all kinds of fun gadgets. I'm actually using my phone right now on here making this post, lol. I also went with the unlimited everything plan. So far i couldn't be any happier!!

craigels
08-20-2008, 10:04 PM
I went and done the exact sane thing this past weekend only i dealt with Justins (the camaro guy) store. i switched from nextel to sprint also and ended buying the samsung instinct. This phone is awesome and has all kinds of fun gadgets. I'm actually using my phone right now on here making this post, lol. I also went with the unlimited everything plan. So far i couldn't be any happier!!

I looked at the Instinct, but it wasn't in my price range. The M520 is a lesser phone, but does a lot of the same things I wanted. The Instinct is badass though!

I exchanged emails with Justin over a week ago, then heard nothing more from him... maybe he forgot about me. My old phone was in bad shape and I needed to do something quickly, so I went to the closest place to work.

Craig

YouGotJunk
08-21-2008, 02:37 AM
Yeah i'm real happy with the instinct. I started to get a different one but it was aroung 100 more than the instinct. Both phones had alot of the same features and i was pretty confident that this one would do everything i would ever want to do. I'm wayyy happy with this service over that junkass nextel crap!!! I don't even use my laptop anymore...I always just use my phone, lol

Holly
09-22-2008, 12:01 PM
Who is the guy on here that works for Sprint on Beechmont?

Sprint called me with a kick ass deal last week, I told them I needed to go see the phone before I buy it, so I'm going to go look tonight. $279 Rumor, I get it for $99, with a $50 rebate, ends up costing me $49.99. I'm all over that. :D

Mista Bone
09-22-2008, 01:51 PM
Mike, he set me up years ago when I was broke, still have the old i265 phone.

craigels
09-22-2008, 05:18 PM
I contacted Mike via PM on here and never heard a thing from him. Then I contacted Justin... we exchanged emails for a few days and then I heard nothing form him... sooo, I ended up at the Newport store because its close to work and was taken care of!

Craig

Maximus
09-22-2008, 05:42 PM
Where has Justin been??

Oh, I have Verizon.:D

PaulFiveOh
09-22-2008, 06:38 PM
Just want to point out that no one has "the same exact" ssn. If Sprint has your SSN under someone elses account, that is called Identity Fraud.

89notch
09-22-2008, 06:50 PM
Just want to point out that no one has "the same exact" ssn. If Sprint has your SSN under someone elses account, that is called Identity Fraud.

His SSN matches an account number not another SSN :cool1:

Holly
09-22-2008, 06:52 PM
I contacted Mike via PM on here and never heard a thing from him.

I just came from the Beechmont store, Mike is still there, but he wasn't there this evening. I went ahead and ordered a new phone, I'll be picking it up from Mike later this week (I got his hours). ;)

Carl
09-22-2008, 10:27 PM
I still love my at&t service...and my 3G iPhone!

mach_u
09-22-2008, 11:26 PM
I still love my at&t service...and my 3G iPhone!
I use the new 3G Iphone for my work phone and really enjoy it! :bigthumb Still have Sprint for personal service though.