PDA

View Full Version : NEW METALLICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ricks_85_gt
08-22-2008, 04:41 PM
There new single aint to flippin shabby!!!! The Day That Never Comes!!!! I can't wait to get my hands on the full album which hits streets the 12th O BOY!!!!:bounce:

Nitrouscoupe
08-22-2008, 05:06 PM
I heard it on the radio about 20 times yesterday in Louisville. I dont care for it to be honest, but then again I dont like any Metallica stuff.

Cody G
08-22-2008, 05:12 PM
Yeah i cant wait to hear the rest of the album .......it sounds pretty good

ricks_85_gt
08-23-2008, 08:05 AM
Well its not really super bad ass but it'll do. But it dosent matter if they pooped on a cd and sold it, it would still go platinum, and id buy it, cause apparently shit these days sound good.

beefcake
08-26-2008, 10:02 AM
i'll want to hear it, i'm a big fan of the early stuff

BIGHONKEY
08-26-2008, 11:48 AM
I am also a fan of the early stuff. I thought this song was a solid 5 out of 10. :)

ricks_85_gt
08-26-2008, 01:37 PM
The first half of the song is damn good but the second half is kinda choppy but still good. It definatly has that justice feel.

bascom123
08-26-2008, 03:32 PM
thats funny i felt the front half of the song was too fluffy..i liked the last half because they were cranking the ever loving bee gee sus out of the guitar.. old school metallica style. Its been quoted as a modern And Justice for All.. in my mind one of the best albums they ever did..

ricks_85_gt
08-27-2008, 11:24 AM
My Apocolypse............. Not To Shabby!!!!

ricks_85_gt
08-27-2008, 01:24 PM
My Apocolypse makes me think of Battery!! Which is Awesome!!!!

Mavowar
08-30-2008, 05:56 AM

:bigthumb

Black92LX
08-30-2008, 05:21 PM

http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=601119

there is a link to the song on their website.

Far better than anything they have put out in their last couple of albums, but still not back to the old Metallica which is by far the greatest.

Though the S&M album is phenomenal

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-30-2008, 09:49 PM
Metallica is still to this day my favorite band...their first 4 albums are very dear to me, especially And Justice For All...that in my opinion is the best Metal album ever written.

This new song...i dunno. It does sound better than anything since the Black Album, but i just think they're a different band and will never again be the same Metallica from back in the day. The slow parts at the beginning sound like typical current Metallica grooves, and then the last part where it gets heavy sounds very "Master of Puppetsish" to me. I don't care a lot about how they recorded it...the drums sound weird. I'm NOT gonna get my hopes up though...they burned me in '96 when they came out with Load...i waited for 6 F'in years for a new Metallica album and then got completely let down. I probably will give it a good listen when it comes out though.

Now...St. Anger...that album is a huge POS. I got it when it came out and gave it a good honest chance, and i didn't like it then. Now, about a month ago i picked it up again and i still can't listen to the whole album.

ricks_85_gt
09-11-2008, 10:13 AM
The only way for them to be as good as they once was is for Cliff Burton to come back to life. Rob is as close as there going to get to Cliff. But Im good and I love the new stuff. It will get worse before it gets better!!

Stangman
09-11-2008, 10:26 AM
The only way for them to be as good as they once was is for Cliff Burton to come back to life. Rob is as close as there going to get to Cliff. But Im good and I love the new stuff. It will get worse before it gets better!!

:wstupid:

I completely agree. This is Metallica's first shot since St. Anger, and I think for their first try they hit the nail on the head, it will only get better from here. I listen to the CD on the way to and from work EVERY day, and I am telling you what, the more and more you listen to the songs... the more I get reminded of the first 4 albums. I dig it.

93hulk
09-11-2008, 03:39 PM
I just heard the entire album and sounds very much like the the first 4. I ve been a Metallica fan pretty much my whole life and this new album hit the spot for some new metal. Its by far their best since Justice for all. I highly suggest you get it. Ill have mine tomarrow.:rockon:

85_SS_302_Coupe
09-11-2008, 07:33 PM
Has it been released or are you guys getting it offline? SOMEONE GET ME A COPY!!! LOL

07thorobrd
09-11-2008, 08:43 PM
i was a fan of early metallica but i saw an interview with them one time and they said it didnt matter if their songs were good or not that their fans would still buy the albums and ever since then i dont like them just my .02

Stangman
09-11-2008, 10:08 PM
i was a fan of early metallica but i saw an interview with them one time and they said it didnt matter if their songs were good or not that their fans would still buy the albums and ever since then i dont like them just my .02

Well, they are, afterall the creators of the songs, they can do them any way they please, and the way I see it is, no one has the exact same taste in music, so therefore in a sense there is a Metallica for everyone, some like the hard early stuff, some like the S&M, some like the newer stuff, and some even like St. Anger. When does an artist ask for your requests/opinions? I'll admit I like St. Anger, yes, it was different, BUT what band does the same thing over and over and over and over again? when you don't change and grow, you dont survive in the music industry.

And the way I see it, they had sooo much negative responses to St. Anger that they were almost forced to do another album. Hell if they wanted to they could have retired and not gave a shit. But instead they went back at it with a fresh slate, and damn, I think they did a fantastic job with it. I know its not exactly what the old Metallica was, but when you listen to the songs enough times and actually give them a chance, you catch your self thinking "Wow, that song reminds me of........." Heck I can't keep the cd out of my cd player!

All in all I think Metallica is definitely heading in the right direction to keep up with the music industry and other metal bands, and the next album after Death Magnetic will rock even harder! :rockon:

wes 89 gt
09-12-2008, 01:09 AM
Damn guys webn kept sayin all night that it would be on the shelves at midnight. well i got off at 12.30 and it wasnt out there....

Stangman
09-12-2008, 08:13 AM
You can download the album at Midnight from metallica.com but I dont recall hearing that the album would be out by then...

And if you went to Wal-Mart expecting to see it, well... its Wal-Mart :tard:

wes 89 gt
09-12-2008, 10:37 AM
i tried meijer.. wal-mart suck for cds.. LOL

Stangman
09-12-2008, 10:44 AM
Yes they do. I will be going to Best Buy, New releases are only 9 or 10 bucks for the first week of release :bigthumb

85_SS_302_Coupe
09-12-2008, 01:08 PM
It's up on their site to listen to but i don't know about downloading it. It does sound pretty damn good! This will probably be the first Metallica i've bought since Justice came out.

Stangman
09-12-2008, 01:19 PM
I just got back from buying the new album on cd AND vinyl!!

I cannot wait to get home and throw some 'Tallica on the turntable!

Best Buy has a sale going on, $9.99 for the CD, and $14.99 for the Vinyl album

JonS
09-12-2008, 05:16 PM
It sounds like they are at least headed back in the right direction. It is the best thing since Justice, that's for sure. I think I just expect too much. If you think about where metal was back when the first four albums were recorded they were pretty heavy, but by today's standards even the earlier albums are a bit on the weak side. At least Lars fixed his snare.:lol:

Stangman
09-12-2008, 06:58 PM
At least Lars fixed his snare.:lol:

YES! Thank God for that, that was the only thing I hated about St. Anger!!

Also, I am listening to Death Magnetic on VINYL right now and let me tell you, it is clear as a bell, and sounds just as good as the CD, I am loving every minute of it!!

METALLICA!!! :rockon:

85_SS_302_Coupe
09-12-2008, 08:04 PM
I think pretty much every critic out there puts such a high expectation on Metallica that they can't really win. They've had a string of crap albums, and being such a high caliber band, they set the bar so high back in the day and after all those bad albums, people just expect something that i don't know if they could pull of when they were in their "Justice" prime.

Stangman
09-12-2008, 10:10 PM
I personally like everything they've ever done

And ya gotta figure... they arent angry teenagers anymore either. Also each member of the band has learned more and adapted their own way of music and performing, from James' voice and the way he uses it, to Lars and his drums... They just arent the same kids they were in '83

And of course the most serious blow to the band EVER was the loss of Cliff Burton... you bet your ass if that man was still alive every album would be just as badass as "Justice" or better I dare say...

85_SS_302_Coupe
09-12-2008, 11:43 PM
Honestly, i think if Cliff were still around, he would've either left the band or they would've broke up. That guy was hardcore to the bone and wouldn't have stuck around for Load and Reload.

I bought it at Best Buy tonight...it's already on my iPod :D

mustang8998
09-13-2008, 10:14 AM
I listened to, about half of it, last night. Like it, so far.

Damn, it's got some long tracks!

Stangman
09-14-2008, 10:00 AM
only one song under 5 mintes!