PDA

View Full Version : 7Up Stang

7upStang
08-22-2008, 10:11 PM
Will I am finally getting serious about fixing up my fox body. I was looking to paint it this year but the cost is beyond my budget right now so I am starting with my interior. I ordered the new seat skins and carpets from Late Model Restoration. I forgot to order the hog rings and hog ring pliers so I tried to locate them locally. I was able to find the hog rings locally at Sunshine foam on Spring Grove, but they wanted way to much for the pliers so I ended ordering the pliers from Amazon.com.

So anyway here is some before pictures of the Mustang.

7upStang
08-22-2008, 10:48 PM
Here is a photo of the seat bottom before it was recovered.

Here is a photo of the little wire that keeps the seat shape. You find these as you remove the cover.

Here is the seat bottom after about two hours of work removing the seat cover and installing the new cover. My wife helped me install the cover by pulling it tight.

Tomorrow I am hoping to do the seat back and pulling out the front seats.

PaulFiveOh
08-22-2008, 10:58 PM
Looking good!

Pops Fun
08-23-2008, 06:53 AM
Keep up the good work!!

MrsAPE
08-23-2008, 07:44 AM
Looks very nice. I love drop tops! Got one myself.

7upStang
08-23-2008, 02:41 PM
Well I got back on the project this morning after knocking down the weeds in the yard (at least I did not have to mow the whole yard just the high weeds).

I was going to do the rear back seat back today and remove the front seats. i started with the rear seat back. After I got the cover off the rear seat back I compared it to the one that came with the upholstery kit and discovered that it did not have two loops needed to install it like the factory one was. I called my mother to see if she vcould transfer the ones from the factory to the ones from the kit. She said she could and would have it done in a couple days.

I got back from dropping the seat back upholstery at her house and decided to remove the front seats. The driver's seat had never sat quite right in the car and had an odd bolt holding it down in the front. I asumed some one had taken it out to remove a CD player or alarm kit before I bought the car. Once I got the seat out I could not believe what I had found. :eek: There was a bid hole in the floor and the seat was held in with an assembly of junk! Looks she is going to the body shop sooner than I thought.

graysonracin
08-23-2008, 04:53 PM
That sucks, doesnt look really bad though. Always one more surprise on a project.

7upStang
08-29-2008, 11:26 AM
Will I finished the passenger seat this morning. The new seat skins are all leather. The old ones were vinyl and leather. It made for a couple of what should I do now moments. I never realized there is as much hand work on seats. The holes for the lumbar switch, bolster knob, seat back hinge and head rest are all cut after the seat skins are on. From the looks of the originals even the factory did it that way. I have included photos of the reupholsteried passenger's seat next to the driver's seat.

I also discovered after my last post that the driver seat track was broken. I guess I will have to hunt down a seat track. Fortunately the driver side and passenger are the same so there should be a lot of them out there.