PDA

View Full Version : Date for running of the Dirty Dozen?

Jeff88coupe
08-28-2008, 01:44 PM
I figured we might want to start kicking around a date for the running of the dirty dozen this fall. I was thinking a Saturday at Tristate toward the end of October?

MFIELD
08-28-2008, 02:35 PM
You read my mind, I was just thinking about this. After running at E2O most of the year I would rather it be there. Just my .02

kennebellcobra
08-28-2008, 03:32 PM
Sounds good to me Jeff.

Black Horse
08-28-2008, 03:36 PM
I haven't checked TS calendar, but how about the 18th with a rainout date of the 25th (October)?

kennebellcobra
08-28-2008, 10:53 PM
18th is the rain out date for the Stick Shift Nationals

JIMS SVT
08-29-2008, 09:08 AM
You read my mind, I was just thinking about this. After running at E2O most of the year I would rather it be there. Just my .02

I agree...seems safer.

Jeff88coupe
08-29-2008, 09:33 AM
Well...we have always had it at Tristate on a saturday in the past. Vinny or someone talked to the tristate track manager to ask them if they would prep the track (ie VHT) since we had some fast small tire cars running that day. They always would do what they could. I know saturdays usually seem to be better than friday nights for most guys being able to make it. Maybe wait till Nov. when edgewater switches to saturday t&t's...and ask if they can do some track prep (:lol:) on a t&t day.

MFIELD
08-29-2008, 11:13 AM
It really doesnt matter to me. I used to prefer Tristate but havent run there this year. I'm just glad I'm still on the list.
I do agree with Jimsvt about the safety.

MFIELD
09-04-2008, 05:30 PM
I heard today Tri state is only 1/8 mile now. Is this true?

Kwik92GT
09-14-2008, 04:07 PM
Guess I'll throw my 2 cents in even though I don't have a dog in the hunt at this time. I think it's about time to start having this at some place other than Tristate. The cars on the Dozen are getting quicker and quicker and it's pretty safe to say that the track isn't getting any safer. It would even be better there if they would actually put some effort into the track prep, but they don't. They say they do what they can but we know that isn't the case. I've raced on "prepped" streets that hook WAY better than Tristate and their half assed prep job. Maybe this is something we try to do ourselves? I like Tristate and the "atmosphere" it brings but we are just one serious accident away from asking ourselves why we run the Dozen there. I realize the options are very limited but we need to start trying to come up with a safer altenative, IMO.

Jeff88coupe
09-21-2008, 03:37 PM
Greg...I agree about the safety issue. Nobody wants to see anyone tear their car up or get hurt. But..as I see it..we don't have a whole lot of choices.
Our choices as I see it...strictly my opinion

1. Tri-state

Jeff88coupe
09-21-2008, 04:15 PM
Greg...I agree about the safety issue. Nobody wants to see anyone tear their car up or get hurt. But..as I see it..we don't have a whole lot of choices.
Our choices as I see it...strictly my opinion

1. Tri-state
-run t&t on saturdays..when most guys can make it
-not the greatest track prep..but I think they would at least make a effort to better prep the track if we gave them some notice we were coming with some fast small tire cars.
-shorter shutdown. I know not the best for the guys running speeds that should have shutes but don't

2. Edgewater
-run t&t on friday night....most guys should be able to make it
-little to NO track prep on t&t nights....from what I've seen on my few trips there this season. Heck...track wasn't even good on the OSM night race.
-does have the longest shutdown of the local tracks

3. Kil-Kare
-run t&t on thursday night. This makes it very difficult for most of the Cincy/NKY guys to make it up there. Plus it's usually so busy that you only get 3-4 runs in at most if you get there by 5.
-track hooks great..most all the time...everyone knows that
-Very short shutdown. Not sure how the guys with no shutes would do there trying to stop from 150+.

My choices would be either tristate (assuming they agree to prep the track better) or maybe a track rental day on a Sunday at KilKare. I attended a sunday track rental day at KilKare last month. It was put on by the Columbus Racing.com forum....not sure what it cost them..but it was ~$35 a car to run.

Probably the best would be to put it to a vote of the guys currently on the DD list.

Rich
09-21-2008, 04:22 PM
Jeff,

Kil-kare will run saturday test and tunes starting in mid October...

JIMS SVT
09-21-2008, 06:58 PM
Jeff,

Kil-kare will run saturday test and tunes starting in mid October...

Pretty sure Edgewater also does the same later in the year.

Kwik92GT
09-21-2008, 10:33 PM
Probably the best would be to put it to a vote of the guys currently on the DD list.

Good idea there. Maybe make a post in the Dozen thread or in the lounge and see what everyone wants to do? I'll show up wherever it is, should be a really good show no matter where it's held, if the track prep and weather are there.

kennebellcobra
09-21-2008, 10:45 PM
Kil-Kare with the short shut down is worse than Tri-state to me being 3600+ with stock brakes. Tri-state's a little narrow and bumpy but I've always hooked there on the shoot outs...they do seem to prep it better.

E20 is a great track(when prepped:rolleyes:) just does'nt have the close atmosphere

89notch
09-21-2008, 10:48 PM
Tri-State is very cool but with how fast these cars are going now. I think edgewater is the best bet as most of these cars dont have a chute on them so Kilkare is out. Unless these crazy SOB's want to run at tristate :lol: I will be there to watch at any of them

Silver Bullet
09-22-2008, 05:07 AM
I agree with Jim and Kwik on the above. The cars are getting a lot faster and I would not be up to running mine all out at Tristate. I would prefer a Saturday at EdgeH20 when they switch. Just my $.02.

JASON408
09-22-2008, 06:46 AM
I like edgewater better than tri state but tri state track hooks a little better on average . And for alot of people on the list tri state looks the other way when you got people going 9s with no lic and chassis that are not cert to go in the nines . Its hit or miss whether you get away with it . Dont matter to me my shits certified . But i know alot of peoples shit is not and i would hate to see everyone tring to let it hang out and get told to leave . Plus it always fun to see whos got the balls to stay in it at tri state .

Jeff88coupe
09-22-2008, 03:50 PM
Well...why don't we have two DD track days.
Sat. October 25th at Tristate
Sat. November 1st at Edgewater

Guys can go run at which track they chose or both.
Yes/NO?

kennebellcobra
09-22-2008, 03:57 PM
Well...why don't we have two DD track days.

Guys can go run at which track they chose or both.
Yes/NO?

Sounds good to me:bigthumb

MFIELD
09-22-2008, 06:59 PM
I like the two race idea, although it doesnt matter to me know. I do think it kinda sucks that I have been on the list all year beating my car up in the heat of summer and now wont be eligible but I guess thats the rules.:mad:

89notch
09-22-2008, 08:37 PM
If the weather turns bad early this year there might be a chance you dont get to have the dozen finish out. Having it that late in the year only leaves you with 1 make up weekend then the track is closed.

Jeff88coupe
09-23-2008, 06:04 PM
I'm not in charge of this..but I'd like to hear some more input from others on DD or who expect to me by the end of the year. It would be cool to have most of us show up one or both days.

Maximus
09-23-2008, 06:08 PM
I'm not in charge of this..but I'd like to hear some more input from others on DD or who expect to me by the end of the year. It would be cool to have most of us show up one or both days.

Why not? You are an original Moderator and Vinny had respect for ya. So make a decision and we will show:bigthumb

JIMS SVT
09-23-2008, 06:16 PM
Why even have a special day to run at the end of the year?What if I wasnt to show up for it.Does that mean im not on the list anymore?

Jeff88coupe
09-23-2008, 08:25 PM
Why even have a special day to run at the end of the year?What if I wasnt to show up for it.Does that mean im not on the list anymore?

Well Jim...you don't have to show if you don't want to. Vinny just wanted to have a somewhat organized day for the DD guys to run at the track for fun...that's it. I've been a spectator at a few the running of the dozen days in years past....it was pretty cool to see all the fast guys laying it all out to try better their spot on the list. Here is the original rules for the DD list.

-A Participating member of Stangbangerz. That means, you show up to SBZ events, you show up to some SBZ get-togethers, you also make one of the following:
-Running of the Ponys
-Running of the Dozen
-Local T&T at E20 or TS with fellow SBZ members
-Running of the UMTR with fellow SBZ
-Attend the SBZ Track day in July
The Dirty Dozen was started by Vinny to get ALL of us motivated to come out and enjoy our Stangs together. We all know Vinny loved being with everyone at the track and he looked forward to racing along side each of us.

-A true street, Ford powered Mustang/Capri with insurance, tags and registration matching the car.

-Owner may have had help building his/her car, but they will race it. No hired shoes to race for them.

-If you break, blow up, change combo, your off the list till you re-run the car. All times before are void. No "one hit" wonders. If fail to post up that you broke to delibratey stay on the list, you are off...PERMANENTLY.

Jeff88coupe
09-23-2008, 08:32 PM
Why not? You are an original Moderator and Vinny had respect for ya. So make a decision and we will show:bigthumb

Ok then...

We will deal with rain dates if needed...but Edgewater runs t&t on saturdays up to 11/22.

Lets make this fun...that's what it's all about.

VuNiT3
09-24-2008, 08:14 AM
I can't wait! I am really looking forward to this. This will be my first DD shootout.

IWRBB
09-27-2008, 06:45 PM
I'll try to get to the one at Tristate. I got good brakes, and my shit ain't that fast anyways.

Holly
09-29-2008, 05:13 PM
Ok then...

It's on! :bigthumb

Maximus
09-29-2008, 05:18 PM
WOOT!! Ill be back in time for this!! :rockon:

Silver Bullet
09-29-2008, 08:50 PM
Calendar marked!

Timido
09-30-2008, 07:33 PM
I am going to try to get out to one or both of them to watch. I wont be able to run my car. I expect a lot of cool ass mustangs to be there throwing it down.

mfoss
09-30-2008, 09:19 PM
I am going to try to get out to one or both of them to watch. I wont be able to run my car. I expect a lot of cool ass mustangs to be there throwing it down.
Its time to spray it. If your there you can bring that car with you.

YouGotJunk
09-30-2008, 09:29 PM
If I still have my car by that time, I might have to buy me some new slicks and come down, strap in, and shoot for some high 9's in that cool air. I might go ahead and crank mine up a little more and let it all hang out!!!!!! Wonder how well this little master power will like cranking out about 25lbs of boost!

Timido
09-30-2008, 10:15 PM
Its time to spray it. If your there you can bring that car with you.

I am getting my hand tweeked and wont be able to run the car for a little while.

Jeff88coupe
10-01-2008, 08:10 AM
I am getting my hand tweeked and wont be able to run the car for a little while.

Humz...air shifter? You only need one hand on the wheel:bigthumb

Drivermod
10-01-2008, 02:38 PM
It's a frickin' glide. You could shift it with your forehead:tongue2:

Timido
10-01-2008, 06:28 PM
Its all fun and games till you have to drive the car.

JASON408
10-01-2008, 07:10 PM
your cars eazy to drive ! just put your women in the car i know she is not scared:lol:

mustang8998
10-01-2008, 09:06 PM
your cars eazy to drive ! just put your women in the car i know she is not scared:lol:

He knows Jaylynn would do a better job, than he can.

He's skeered! :eek:

Timido
10-02-2008, 05:56 AM
Its all so easy. Oh wait I just make it look easy:)