PDA

View Full Version : Broken,Bent,Twisted Parts

MFIELD
08-30-2008, 08:16 PM
I'm about at wits end with this stick shift car. I have ruined more parts than I care to remember. I'm not talking about cheap shit either. I was working on welding up my upper control arm mounts so I took out the upper arms to gain some room. I looked them over because the grade 8 1/2" bolts I took out were bent. Low and behold the near new Steeda arms have the heim joints stretched on both of them. These only have about a dozen passes and no street miles on them. The good part is the rest of the arm seems fine so I'll just replace the heim but damn I running out of money for this shit that I've already spent for parts.

So anyone with any kind of power, please check your stuff out and look for everything.

Maybe I should put an auto in it:mad:

DeckerEnt
08-30-2008, 08:41 PM
Time to upgrade to stronger stuff. As the power goes up, you start finding the weak points. What is it running?
Keith

MFIELD
08-30-2008, 09:43 PM
Hell I thought I did upgrade, they are 3/4" heims. Its running 10.60's but wont 60' good.

DeckerEnt
08-30-2008, 10:48 PM
Get with Kennebellcobra, Shannon. He just got his figured out and pulled off a 9.85!!! I am sure he has delt with this exact issue.
Keith

Rich
08-30-2008, 10:56 PM
Maybe I should put an auto in it:mad:

I would really hate you...you and Rixx are the reason I swapped to a 5 speed!

I must admit, an auto is MUCH easier on parts! Your car with a built c-4, 3200 stall, and a 3.27 gear....hold on!!!:cool1:

Sparky
08-31-2008, 01:15 AM
C'mon now, you we don't do stuff the easy way. If you're not breakin shit you're not trying. Besides, you're almost there. Beef up the mounts and add an anti roll bar and I bet you hit that 9 too.

ibstrokin
08-31-2008, 05:04 AM
Alot of companies put cheap heim's in their parts to control cost, if you put a high quality heim back in it, it should last much longer.

MFIELD
08-31-2008, 09:21 AM
Thats what I am thinking. The rest of the arm looks fine. I would sell the car before I put in an auto:D I am much farther ahead of where I thought I would be anyway. I may be looking for a different shifter so I can keep it spooled up.