PDA

View Full Version : Accufab Intake Plentum with Accufab 75mm Throttle Body

jaystang44
09-02-2008, 11:58 AM
so can i put a 75mm tb and plentum on with a bbk CAI but everything else stock???? I know ive heard ppl say you need a bigger MAF or what ever its called I thought mass air flow, MAF, but correct me if im wrong.

thanks in advance

ibstrokin
09-02-2008, 05:28 PM
You can, but if the rest of your engine is stock, I doubt you'll see any improvement. You would probably be better off leaving the stock t.b. and using the cai. Btw, Chad393na went mid 12's with a stock T.B./injectors.

cstreu1026
09-02-2008, 09:17 PM
Well I am pretty sure he is talking about a 2 valve mod motor so that a little different than 302 in a fox body. Modular Depot use to have a dyno comparison of the common TB & Plenums but I don't know if its still on their website or not. I would guess you will see about a 10HP gain with the combo. You shouldn't have any problems as long as the silicon on the CAI will fit the TB.

02mingryGT
09-04-2008, 12:57 PM
Well I am pretty sure he is talking about a 2 valve mod motor so that a little different than 302 in a fox body. Modular Depot use to have a dyno comparison of the common TB & Plenums but I don't know if its still on their website or not. I would guess you will see about a 10HP gain with the combo. You shouldn't have any problems as long as the silicon on the CAI will fit the TB.

+2

I have the same setup with the exception of having a JLT CAI. There is a definite seat of the pants gain which I attributed mostly to the larger plenum.