PDA

View Full Version : Low rent SOBs

KenB
09-05-2008, 08:52 AM
We just had our second front window broken in a month. If anyone knows anything about this, there is something in it for you. If I find out who is doing this, there is something in it for them too. WTF is wrong with people?

BIGHONKEY
09-05-2008, 08:57 AM
That sux. Where do you live?

I have an Idea. Rig up one of those netted baseball "pitch-back" things in front of your windows. Then when they throw a rock or whatever it comes flying back at them.

KenB
09-05-2008, 09:01 AM
It was our shop, Modular Depot in Southgate KY. They are huge plate glass windows (old dealership). First time they grabbed a Ford GT block that was just inside the window. This time it doesn't look like they got anything.

Stangman
09-05-2008, 09:12 AM
Damn! a Ford GT block... I bet that wasnt cheap!

Sounds like lights and security cameras are needed

Holly
09-05-2008, 09:21 AM
Do you guys have a security system?

That sucks! WTF is wrong with people.

Good title to thread Ken - LOW PHUQING RENTS!!!

lxenvy
09-05-2008, 09:38 AM
Hey brother u know we got ur back! If u need anything or need some shit checked out give me a pm! Ill ask around too!

Oh and sorry to hear about this! Garbage a$$ ppl!

Waffles
09-05-2008, 09:45 AM
We just had our second front window broken in a month. If anyone knows anything about this, there is something in it for you. If I find out who is doing this, there is something in it for them too. WTF is wrong with people?

I know how you can get it fixed at least. Call The Glass Act @ 859-356-3132. I'd be happy to get you a friendly SBZ discount. If you call, just PM me so I can expedite. Oh, also we can install either tempered or laminated glass instead of the standard float glass. Laminated is that like what you see in car windshields with a thin layer of clear vinyl between two sheets of glass. Tempered glass is obviously hardened and MUCH harder to break unless you know how.

I'm going to be right next to your place down there on another job today. I could stop and measure.

cstreu1026
09-05-2008, 09:56 AM
That sucks. When I worked downtown at a sporting goods store we use to have that happen once or twice a year, sometimes even more. Eventually all the glass was replaced with laminated glass and after that I don't they were able to steal anything else before the police showed up.

I would think the person who stole the Ford GT block might not be too hard to find. Those aren't exactly a common item.

cobrajoe
09-05-2008, 10:01 AM
I seem to remember reading about some kinda film or something that you put on the window that would let it break but stay intact. I'll have to do some surfing and see what I come up with.

Waffles
09-05-2008, 10:02 AM
They probably have no idea what it is.

Maximus
09-05-2008, 10:26 AM
Crack heads probably took it to the recycling place and got $20-$30 for it.:rolleyes:
Fucken low rent thieves. I place them up there with politicians.:mad:

cobrajoe
09-05-2008, 10:58 AM
here's a start:

http://www.llumar.com/na-eng/Safety/security.html#smashgrab

demo video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_nTqt1Tja8&feature=related

Hope that helps

Black Horse
09-05-2008, 10:59 AM
LEXAN! Virtually unbreakable!

PONYGRL
09-05-2008, 11:02 AM
I can't believe people are doing that at mod depot. I know the shop and am really familiar with the area.... only thing I can figure is that it is the lil hoodlum ghetto kids or parents that live back by southgate school by the park... Trust me, there are tons of them and they're all losers and have nothing better to do.... I used to coach a softball team on the field behind the store.

I'd be pissed too.

mach_u
09-05-2008, 11:19 AM
Man, that sucks! Sounds like it's past due time for a security camera!

PKFIRE
09-05-2008, 11:46 AM
Sorry to hear that Ken. I don't know what is wrong with people. Over where I use to live kids would randomly throw things like bricks from moving vehicles, blow up mail boxes and ex. at my parents home. Those kids don't give a !!!! about anyone. One time a kid threw a stone through my fathers windshield while he was driving down the highway and if it was to hit him I wouldn't be here. I hope they catch whoever is doing this to you. I know it gets old quick.

Sorry this stuff brings up old memories:(

KenB
09-05-2008, 12:45 PM
The first time was obviously theives because they stole the block. This time may have been vandals. Looks like a gun shot did it. They didn't come in because the window wasn't totally gone. We have a very good security system. Probably why they didn't come in either time.

Ken

DeckerEnt
09-05-2008, 01:01 PM
I 2nd the camera idea. If you get them on film, it is easier to put em in jail. Also you get to know who did it and may be able to find them first. Give em a good stern talking to. LOL
Keith

KenB
09-05-2008, 01:07 PM
I 2nd the camera idea. If you get them on film, it is easier to put em in jail. Also you get to know who did it and may be able to find them first. Give em a good stern talking to. LOL
Keith

Already have cameras inside. They didn't come in either time. Time for some parking lot cameras I guess.

Ken

Mista Bone
09-05-2008, 02:34 PM
KenB, old trick I've seen done......

Put up a few big and visible "fake" cameras on either corner of the building with hidden cameras trained on them.

Stupid low rents will try to disable the fake cameras while being caught on tape by the hidden cameras.

Like setting up a bait car for car thieves :)

holeshot
09-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Damn, that sucks Ken. I hope you catch them.

cstreu1026
09-05-2008, 03:31 PM
It sucks when you have to go through stuff like this just to protect your livelyhood.

ADaughen
09-05-2008, 04:03 PM
I'm looking for a part time job... I'll sit down there in the dark and be the big, bad boogey man. :D

It has to be cheaper than replacing GT blocks. >_<

ETA:
3M security film might help...

69Cobra
09-05-2008, 11:27 PM
Ken I feel your pain. My Dad had a shop not too far from yours and back in '95 they broke in and stole about $40K worth of stuff. These guys came in from the roof. Dad wired up his own security system then. If you weren't supposed to be there you were in for a rude awakening with some electricity! 220v style. After he showed some locals what the intruders would be greeted with the next time, there was no next time. A couple locals (possible the very robbers that stole the stuff) that heard about the break-in said "man you can't do that, what if you kill someone". Dad said "they won't do it again will they".

mustangjon
09-05-2008, 11:39 PM
Ken I feel your pain. My Dad had a shop not too far from yours and back in '95 they broke in and stole about $40K worth of stuff. These guys came in from the roof. Dad wired up his own security system then. If you weren't supposed to be there you were in for a rude awakening with some electricity! 220v style. After he showed some locals what the intruders would be greeted with the next time, there was no next time. A couple locals (possible the very robbers that stole the stuff) that heard about the break-in said "man you can't do that, what if you kill someone". Dad said "they won't do it again will they".

Sadly booby trapping is illegal as hell now days, and with the vampires er i mean lawyers of the world you cant get away with shit. I knew someone had a radio stolen out of his truck 5 times at his house, called police each time ect... last time he attached razor blades to back of it... radio was left in blood was everywhere, and he had criminal charges for booby trapping his truck. Its total bullshit in my opinion, hell im all about 3rd world countries that take fingers or hands off for theft :lol:

DeckerEnt
09-06-2008, 01:29 AM
An eye for an eye, a radio for a radio. Sounds good to me. If they catch the people who did it,i think you should have every right to go to their house and take xxx.xx amount of stuff.
Break in to my home and when you hear the 12 guage charge the round, run or get what's coming.
Keith

Gene
09-06-2008, 08:24 PM
Only twice? Consider yourselves lucky.

At my mom's dealership, they have had every window in the place broken at least twice in the last 30 years. In the 90s, someeone ran a truck through the front door, loaded up a Quad and took off with it.

That's what I liked about the location of the old shop...it was off the beaten path enough to deter opportunist criminals.

plattner01
09-06-2008, 11:40 PM
damn twice now Ken, exterior cameras on roof is a good start and exterior pull down shutters on the windows , and a motion sensor gattling gun FTW.

FMGT1999
09-06-2008, 11:44 PM
I too am sorry to hear about the shops misfortune, I hope you all catch them and well maybe just let them disappear, if you get my drift.

Kyle