PDA

View Full Version : Chrome?

Waffles
09-05-2008, 10:01 AM
Anyone tried it yet? I'm using Chrome right now and it's pretty smooth so far. I've been testing it on several other portals which I've had trouble with before using Mozilla (not releasing cookies etc). No problems yet.

The best improvement over Internet Explorer, as I understand it, is that when you have different sites open under different tabs, if there's a problem only that tab will crash and close. With IE, even if you have multiple instances running (not under tabs) and there is a problem, all the instances of IE crash.

mustang8998
09-05-2008, 01:30 PM
I'm trying it as well. It seams to be okay. Sometimes pages load a little funny and some interactive sites don't do well. I think it is all stuff that will be resolved, over time.

Stangman
09-05-2008, 01:32 PM
With IE, even if you have multiple instances running (not under tabs) and there is a problem, all the instances of IE crash.

Damn that pisses me off...

mustang8998
09-05-2008, 02:19 PM
I need to get used to it opening external links, in a new tab. A couple times, I've closed the browser (like IE), instead of the tab. :lol:

Stangman
09-05-2008, 02:20 PM
I've closed the browser (like IE), instead of the tab. :lol:

Happens all too often for me... I never catch the fact that it opens a tab instead of a new browser...

Mista Bone
09-05-2008, 02:29 PM
still in Beta, but does anyone really trust Google and who they are working around EULA?

Awaiting the first browser hi-jack report.

BigBadStang
09-05-2008, 04:49 PM
still in Beta, but does anyone really trust Google and who they are working around EULA?

Awaiting the first browser hi-jack report.

Should we totally trust ANY of them?
I think not.

I think of someone wants to hide shit in software badly enough, it will happen, with or without the company's knowledge.

I've been goofing around with it some. There are a few issues that need fixing, but it is still in beta.

Mista Bone
09-05-2008, 05:47 PM
My MAIN complaint is I'm not used to tabbed browsing :)

Normally with IE6 you close the one window when done. With tabbed, your screwed when you do that :)

Also, google to remember my passwords? I don't think so :)

BigBadStang
09-05-2008, 11:40 PM
My MAIN complaint is I'm not used to tabbed browsing :)

Normally with IE6 you close the one window when done. With tabbed, your screwed when you do that :)

Also, google to remember my passwords? I don't think so :)

Yeah, it took me a while to get used to the tabs that IE7 uses, after adapting to them, I actaually started to like them! Give the tabs a little time, and yes you will accidentally "X" out the browser and lose it all, but you'll get used to it, and that will stop. Then you won't want to go back to the old way!:)