PDA

View Full Version : Starter

Orodi
09-09-2008, 08:07 AM
Ok I am calling the company I got the flywheel from this afternoon if they didn't send me the wrong part. I don't know why the starter just spins instead of engaging on the fly wheel any thoughts? Secondly are there any lawyers on here I am wanting to sue the company if they sold me the wrong part for alot of reasons mainly my labor

Stangman
09-09-2008, 09:39 AM
Whoa take it easy there guy, people get the wrong parts all the time, I used to work in auto parts, it happens.

As for you starter, it sounds like it is dying or the small power wire that connects to the small clip at the solinoid on the starter is disconnected, which causes the small gear to kick out and engage the flywheel.

Doesnt sound like a flywheel issue.

89notch
09-09-2008, 09:43 AM
If your car has an auto in it you could have put 157 tooth flywheel in 164 tooth bellhousing

Stangman
09-09-2008, 09:52 AM
If your car has an auto in it you could have put 157 tooth flywheel in 164 tooth bellhousing

:agree:

Although he did say the starter just spins, which to me means something with the starter isn't right, but yeah two different flywheel sizes there, I forgot about that...

mustang8998
09-09-2008, 10:42 AM
One would assume, 157, as he called it a flywheel. (I know, people call a flex-plate that too.)

I'm gonna go with starter issue, as well, but a little more info would help.

Orodi
09-09-2008, 01:04 PM
ok sorry guys I am retarded I was absolutely pissed this morning ( I have a bit of a temper peroblem) It wasn't anything to do with the flywheel I just made a really weird noise as if it was just pinning when in fact it was rolling the motor over. I forgot to connect the harness between the coil and ignition box.....so it was rolling over without any spark.....oops

Stangman
09-09-2008, 01:12 PM
Hey it happens, sometimes its the smallest or most obvious thing that you overlook