09-10-2008, 12:00 AM
Not if you are the Terminator.

99Slobra
09-10-2008, 12:10 AM
have you had them dig it out in the er?

that really sucks.

mustangjon
09-10-2008, 12:14 AM
usually end up at ER and they tell me they cant find it send to eye doc.. to have it ground out...

Dirtyd0g
09-10-2008, 12:39 AM
Been through this a few times. Sand is worse....
Alan

Stangman
09-10-2008, 09:29 AM
Safety glasses are your friend... find ya a nice comfortable set :bigthumb

Mike ('92stang) knows all about metal in the eye.... I was over his place and he asked me to see what is left I looked like, and all the blood vessels are red and pissed off, and he said his eye hurt everyday since a couple days before I got there... then the next day he couldnt see out of it :eek:

Luckily he went to Cincinnati Eye Institute and they took care of him, had to grind it all out and whatnot... Rust is a bitch

Dirtyd0g
09-10-2008, 09:38 AM
Sadly everytime I have gotten metal in my eye I had safety glasses on. I bought a face shield to wear when grinding, with safety glasses too.
Alan

Stangman
09-10-2008, 09:39 AM
Sadly everytime I have gotten metal in my eye I had safety glasses on. I bought a face shield to wear when grinding, with safety glasses too.
Alan

When I was in Biology class in high school we got a real nice set of glasses which cover my face WITH my glasses on perfectly, and they dont fog up, I will never, ever own another set of safety glasses:bigthumb

Black Horse
09-10-2008, 10:14 AM
I have had metal crap in my eye several time, the worse was a piece of rust that lodged...had to be sliced out at Cinti Eye Inst. I have been lucky, even though I have had other pieces imbed, I was able to pull it out myself with a small magnet.

Stangman
09-10-2008, 10:22 AM
I have had metal crap in my eye several time, the worse was a piece of rust that lodged...had to be sliced out at Cinti Eye Inst. I have been lucky, even though I have had other pieces imbed, I was able to pull it out myself with a small magnet.

A magnet, now thats a neat trick...

I always get stuff in my eyes too, its almost inevitable... but it seems that I've never gotten anything serious lodged in there yet... I've I do a lot of welding and grinding and rust removal... Guess I better knock on wood!!

PONYGRL
09-10-2008, 10:43 AM
That happened to me before... They weren't sure if it was some kind of metal or a piece of glitter.... had to get it surgically removed.... Thinking about it makes me cringe.

347sc
09-10-2008, 11:05 AM
Happened to me over the weekend working on the Exploder. Rust sucks and I was wearing safety glasses. Now I look like Harry Potter with my glasses on because I can't wear my contacts.

facemelter71
09-10-2008, 11:21 AM
This works.
I was down in kentucky putting a tran's in one of my dads buddies trucks.He told me this old miner,metal worker trick.If you get metal or i guess anything in your eye,dirt,sand.You grab a piece of soapstone (the white stuff they use to make marks on metal objects) you stick the end in your mouth and get it wet.Then run it under your eyelids from one side to the other and over the eye itself.It look disturbing but it doesnt hurt at all and removes all the crap in there.It did work,ive used it a couple times.Just make sure its a clean piece of soapstone.

Stangman
09-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Now that is a neat idea, I wouldnt think that stuff was good for anything but marking...

DeckerEnt
09-10-2008, 01:15 PM
I have a full face shield. I have been using it while grinding on my coupe floor boards. I also use it while grinding and cutting metal. I can actually put my face in the sparks and not get anything on me.
Keith

Stangman
09-10-2008, 01:20 PM
I have a full face shield. I have been using it while grinding on my coupe floor boards. I also use it while grinding and cutting metal. I can actually put my face in the sparks and not get anything on me.
Keith

Got me one of those too! for the same purpose as well! I reeeeeally need to get working on the hatchback again...:(

INSANEBA
09-10-2008, 05:00 PM
I dunno, the blonde at the local hospital is soo nice and hot too lol. Plus, when they make me put my face on the eye test thingy, I can see down her shirt just perfect! It's almost worth it, not to mention the way she always plays with my hair lol. I think I luuuuv her lol, but there's gotta be a cheaper way than these medical bills lol...

mustangjon
09-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Alan

I agree, all but last night, ironically i wasnt wearing them for once. But i was able to get it out, and all is good :)

Usually when i have had, i felt them bounce off my cheek then hit glasses then eye

mustangjon
09-10-2008, 07:47 PM
I dunno, the blonde at the local hospital is soo nice and hot too lol. Plus, when they make me put my face on the eye test thingy, I can see down her shirt just perfect! It's almost worth it, not to mention the way she always plays with my hair lol. I think I luuuuv her lol, but there's gotta be a cheaper way than these medical bills lol...

damn i need to find a hospital like that more often then i might have to "think i have stuff in my eyes" :lol:

untamed
09-10-2008, 08:44 PM
My dad worked in a machine shop and got metal in his eye about 30 years ago and sadly,he lost the eye.

mustangjon
09-10-2008, 08:48 PM
it was aluminum in my case, so i couldnt use a magnet either lol just pulled the eyelids back like i have in past and wiped them off with wet cotton ball. I found out most time something in your eye = something trapped under eye lid

'92Stang
09-10-2008, 09:09 PM
Safety glasses are your friend... find ya a nice comfortable set :bigthumb

Mike ('92stang) knows all about metal in the eye.... I was over his place and he asked me to see what is left I looked like, and all the blood vessels are red and pissed off, and he said his eye hurt everyday since a couple days before I got there... then the next day he couldnt see out of it :eek:

Luckily he went to Cincinnati Eye Institute and they took care of him, had to grind it all out and whatnot... Rust is a bitch

I actually have the sliver of rust they drilled out of my eye. Scared the chit out of me, not being able to see.:angel:

e5shea
09-10-2008, 10:36 PM
Get an MRI.....that'll pull it out.

e5shea
09-10-2008, 10:36 PM
it was aluminum in my case, so i couldnt use a magnet either lol just pulled the eyelids back like i have in past and wiped them off with wet cotton ball. I found out most time something in your eye = something trapped under eye lid

you can magnetize anything with enough electricity.

Stangman
09-11-2008, 08:44 AM
I actually have the sliver of rust they drilled out of my eye. Scared the chit out of me, not being able to see.:angel:

You might have told me once before... did they knock you out do do that?

'92Stang
09-11-2008, 12:19 PM
You might have told me once before... did they knock you out do do that?

No, just numbing drops. The funny thing is, my sister had to drive me to the institute. While waiting on the doctor, we were kidding around, and I said "that's a neat pen. Maybe I'll take it. (only kidding)". When he came in to drill it out. The neat pen wound up being the drill I'd had in my pocket like 1 minute before.:angel:

Stangman
09-11-2008, 12:23 PM
Ha, that funny, they just left it out on the desk?

didnt try to write with it did ya? mighta etched the table! :lol: