PDA

View Full Version : I need serious help

Orodi
09-10-2008, 11:08 PM
i have afr 185 heads what length pushrods do i need to use for an e-cam? I have ford racing push rods and I do not know if that is the problem. I go to start the motor and nothing happens. The timing is right the igition box coil ETC is brand new out of the box. the fuel pump etc are all new. the best gues I have heard so far is the the push rods are the wrong length.

DeckerEnt
09-10-2008, 11:13 PM
What do you mean nothing happens? Does it turn over or not move at all? Just needing more info to solve the problem.
Keith

Orodi
09-10-2008, 11:36 PM
the motor rolls over but no pop no nothing just spins

mustangjon
09-10-2008, 11:58 PM
pull off a valve cover and check.. any freeplay in pushrod? and the wrong size unless they are stuck open as in waaaaaaaaay long, or waaay short not opening at all, would be only way. if they were long you would have done hit a piston also..

what length are the pushrods you have?

PaulFiveOh
09-11-2008, 12:17 AM
Maybe pull the valve cover off while cranking to see if you get valve movement? Or are you worried you are getting truncated valve movement...or both? Just for my curiousity.

ibstrokin
09-11-2008, 12:25 AM
Check all simple things first. Your pushrod length may be wrong, but it should still start. Double check your elec. connections, and your plug wires, firing order is 13726548, make sure your not 180 out. Good luck

Orodi
09-12-2008, 04:33 PM
all the pulgs are connected I think the rods are too long i rolled the motor over when I put them in and all the valves moved and no binding. I checked the timing and had someone else as well just to check myself. I am going to buy a pushrod measuring tool and check that as well I even called AFR and they don't know what length to run. So I am stuck.

Stangman
09-12-2008, 04:40 PM
Not even trying to fire at all???

Getting Fuel? hear the pump running?

What about spark? Coil dead? ignition box toast? Or bad grounds for the ignition box?

Also, does the dizzy have a TFI module? maybe its dead?

facemelter71
09-12-2008, 04:47 PM
Yea,check spark and fuel first.Dont condemn anything till you have checked that first.Is your fuel pump turning on to prime? Do you have pressure. Do you here the ignition box tryin to fire?

Orodi
09-14-2008, 12:22 PM
Yeah I tested the whole igintion system it works the fuel pressure is good you can hear a few pops every now and then which leads to the pushrods being too long and not letting the valves close all the way

NXcoupe
09-14-2008, 07:20 PM
A few pops might mean that the timing is way off. #1 is the front plug on the passenger side, not driver's. Just making sure we're on the same page. If the pushrods are too long, a quick compression test will tell you if that's the deal, because you will have zero compression.