PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to Step It Up?

Silver Bullet
09-12-2008, 02:39 AM
Ok.....
Ladies and Gentlemen,

This board has been quiet too long! Enough with the darn politics talk! This is a Car board Forum! LOL:lol:

Who is going to step it up? Anyone with any Big Plans or a "Hit List"? :evilgrin:

Mista Bone
09-12-2008, 05:00 AM
look whose talking shit...............

do it Terry!

beefcake
09-12-2008, 06:42 AM
Ok.....
Ladies and Gentlemen,

This board has been quiet too long! Enough with the darn politics talk! This is a Car board Forum! LOL:lol:

Who is going to step it up? Anyone with any Big Plans or a "Hit List"? :evilgrin:

lol,

ya run an 8 sec pass and think that lets ya talk shit lol

YouGotJunk
09-12-2008, 06:57 AM
Bolt regular radials on it and i'll take the move in Middletown, let me know!

Silver Bullet
09-12-2008, 07:02 AM
lol,

ya run an 8 sec pass and think that lets ya talk shit lol

Oh hell yeah!:booty:

Silver Bullet
09-12-2008, 07:07 AM
Bolt regular radials on it and i'll take the move in Middletown, let me know!

How about ya come to me.... come on down.......:D

bobtsgt
09-12-2008, 07:09 AM
how about you take that big fancy belt off :D

Silver Bullet
09-12-2008, 07:13 AM
how about you take that big fancy belt off :D

How about I put a smaller belt on?:eek:

plated
09-12-2008, 07:19 AM
turbo what?:bigthumb

Silver Bullet
09-12-2008, 07:20 AM
:lol::bigthumb
turbo what?:bigthumb

plated
09-12-2008, 07:27 AM
u made turbo's look bad:cool2: i need blown:lol:

Silver Bullet
09-12-2008, 07:31 AM
u made turbo's look bad:cool2: i need blown:lol:

Yeah, but I need one of your killer paint jobs now!:D We all like to get blown! Good Times.

Silver Bullet
09-12-2008, 08:13 AM
TURBO WHAT?:popcorn:

Stangman
09-12-2008, 08:25 AM
My big Plan is to build the car that I'm not even actually trying to build! LOL

1985 Mustang "GT" Coupe:

Black w/flat black trim and red interior

460 big block w/cam,headers,intake,carb,C4 & converter

subframes and upper/lowers

8.8 w/3.55

Stock hood and ten holes :cool1:

Oughta run alright for a street car ;)

Be looking for me :bigthumb

93 coupe
09-12-2008, 09:54 AM
TURBO WHAT?:popcorn:

Your killing me with that line!! :lol:

93cobra
09-12-2008, 10:11 AM
i still know of a nasty snake car that want to play too....

no turbos...no blowers....just good old fashioned all motor thump squeezed out of 347 cubic inches shifting 5 times in 9 seconds...

the owner just needs to become motivated again...which has been hard here lately with building a house & having soo damn much fun in airplanes .....LOL

Stangman
09-12-2008, 10:14 AM

no turbos...no blowers....just good old fashioned all motor thump squeezed out of 347 cubic inches shifting 5 times in 9 seconds...

the owner just needs to become motivated again...which has been hard here lately with building a house & having soo damn much fun in airplanes .....LOL

It's a COBRA... that would be motivation enough for me!! :bigthumb

93cobra
09-12-2008, 10:25 AM
I know...I know....I just need to be slapped & wake up

btw...not trying to hate on turbos & blowers....truthfully someone is just a little jealous!!!

LOL

Stangman
09-12-2008, 10:29 AM

That can be arranged:D

Keep the car man:bigthumb

I saw a WILD black '93 Cobra at Rigid Race Cars a while back with a 12 pt. cage, tubbed, cage thru the engine bay, motor plates and original black paint, I think the car had like 50k on it... needless to say, I wanted to touch it...

'93 Cobras are waaay cool, I'd love to have one, one day

Silver Bullet
09-12-2008, 10:30 AM

btw...not trying to hate on turbos & blowers....truthfully someone is just a little jealous!!!

LOL

Shit, quit spending months on body work and put your shit together and "Just do it!"

Stangman
09-12-2008, 10:31 AM
Shit, quit spending months on body work and put your shit together and "Just do it!"

Damn, I need to follow that advice too! :lol:

Silver Bullet
09-12-2008, 10:33 AM

Better shift 5 times in 8 seconds!:jawdrop:

Silver Bullet
09-12-2008, 10:37 AM

LOLYou Know your going to put a big turbo on that biotch! i wish i had your chasis!

Silver Bullet
09-12-2008, 10:38 AM
Damn, I need to follow that advice too! :lol:

Mad Matt Johnson... you hear that?

Stangman
09-12-2008, 10:40 AM
What sucks is I will spend all this time on my car, just you all, and I might run 13's :lol:

Rob
09-12-2008, 10:47 AM
I know of a few cars that will be spanking the 8 sec mark next year, maybe even the first 7 sec dirty dozen car :cool2:

Silver Bullet
09-12-2008, 10:50 AM
Hey, we r talking about the here and now, not the future....

Stangman
09-12-2008, 10:53 AM
What would/should Twisted Twins run if it was set up and dialed in right? and if someone ran it of course..

I've always been curious what the speculations on that car would be

Holly
09-12-2008, 10:58 AM
What would/should Twisted Twins run if it was set up and dialed in right? and if someone ran it of course..

Dunno... why don't you buy it and find out. :D

Stangman
09-12-2008, 11:00 AM
Dunno... why don't you buy it and find out. :D

Believe me Holly, If I made the money now that I should be making in a few years... You'd be the first person I'd call!:bigthumb

Gregg@TFS
09-12-2008, 11:03 AM
I believe that car to be a mid-8 sec car!!!

Silver Bullet
09-12-2008, 11:05 AM

:angel::angel::angel:No crap talking on that.... all I can say... is I loved that guy!:angel::angel::angel:

We all Do.....

Stangman
09-12-2008, 11:06 AM

Oh hell yes, that would be wicked nasty fast and boy would I love to ride in it! :bigthumb

:angel::angel::angel:No crap talking on that.... all I can say... is I loved that guy!:angel::angel::angel:

We all Do.....

No craptalking here :rockon: :rockon:

Maximus
09-12-2008, 12:16 PM

Shit Cracka, bring that heap over here and we'll get it done. Ive been Jonezin on my Stang so much, I spent the day with it out at Robs.:bigthumb
He was talking about turbo this and turbo that, hell he even showed me a turbo...but I just laughed at it and said it needed to be bigger. Well, unless I put two of them on there.
We will see what I do once the car is actually rolling/running. I might just have another baby girl by then.:eek::lol:

Maximus
09-12-2008, 12:18 PM

Yes it would. It still has some issues, but nothing at all serious, and a week or two dialing it in.....WHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOoosssssssssssshhhhhhhh!!

Holly! Get you ET Liscense!!!!!:bigthumb

Holly
09-12-2008, 01:30 PM
Holly! Get you ET Liscense!!!!!:bigthumb

:lol: Noooo... car is going buh bye. Sorry. I can't afford to put money into it.

Silver Bullet
09-12-2008, 01:51 PM
We will see what I do once the car is actually rolling/running. I might just have another baby girl by then.:eek::lol:

Hell it was great being down there working with u Cracka! Craig was covered in dirt and sweat.... getting it done! It will be sweet when it is done. Rob was being a welding fool!

It is a TEAM effort. I wouldn't have my POS half as good as it is if it wasn't for all the peeps that have helped me out along the way. And now if they need a hand, all they have to do is ask. That is what it is about.

Now for the smack talk.... :evilflip:

Silver Bullet
09-12-2008, 01:53 PM
:lol: Noooo... car is going buh bye. Sorry. I can't afford to put money into it.

Holly, have you ever sat down and figured out how much it will cost to get it done? If you have shoot me a pm.. Something needs to be done.

85_SS_302_Coupe
09-12-2008, 01:54 PM
Hell i finally ran 12s...i thought i was making a move :lol:

plated
09-12-2008, 01:55 PM
my cusins brothers dads uncle has a faster car than any of yuns:flipoff:

93cobra
09-12-2008, 02:00 PM
I saw a WILD black '93 Cobra at Rigid Race Cars a while back with a 12 pt. cage, tubbed, cage thru the engine bay, motor plates and original black paint,

....yep...that car is mine..:eek:...should see it now...it looked like a heap out there....:bigthumb

85_SS_302_Coupe
09-12-2008, 02:03 PM

Imagine being John Force's son when this discussion comes up :lol:

93cobra
09-12-2008, 02:08 PM

hey now....all that has been done...for weeks...

its just that the new house took priority over the car with little guy coming in only 8 weeks...

besides...paging through jegs & summit catalogs next to the shitter & looking at all the huge price increases on all the parts in my car every few months ...i just sit back & watch it increase in value....:lol:

My magna fuel pro 500 fuel pump & 4 port regulator now sells for $929.95....:eek::eek: wtf.... thats one example of dozens where parts have increased by the hundreds....

"and no craig that dosen't mean i buy any parts from jegs or summit"

93cobra
09-12-2008, 02:09 PM

:lol::lol::bigthumb

Stangman
09-12-2008, 02:20 PM

:lol: Niiiice

....yep...that car is mine..:eek:...should see it now...it looked like a heap out there....:bigthumb

That was a beautiful car even for being tore apart... I would love to see it now, my goodness, a nice buff job back then and it would look slick!

John Force has a son? lol

Holly
09-12-2008, 02:36 PM
Holly, have you ever sat down and figured out how much it will cost to get it done? If you have shoot me a pm.. Something needs to be done.

I don't want to put money into it Terry (especially money I don't have). Honestly, I have lost the will to even want to drive it. I want to see it out and about, being driven like it is supposed to, and I can't do that. It wouldn't take much to get it done, but then it would need constant maintenance, hauled to the track, etc. etc. etc. I don't want anything to do with it, plain and simple. :(

I might just have another baby girl by then.:eek::lol:

Is that your not so subtle way of telling us something? lol....

85_SS_302_Coupe
09-12-2008, 03:40 PM
No i guess it would be John's daughter...lol.

That's even worse...imagine being a kid in school talking crap to your buddies about how fast your dad's car is, and then some girl comes over and tells you her daddy's car runs 3 seconds in the quarter!

Stangman
09-12-2008, 03:45 PM
No i guess it would be John's daughter...lol.

That's even worse...imagine being a kid in school talking crap to your buddies about how fast your dad's car is, and then some girl comes over and tells you her daddy's car runs 3 seconds in the quarter! And that her car isn't far behind her daddy's!

Now that would be a girl I wouldnt wanna try to race!

85_SS_302_Coupe
09-12-2008, 03:57 PM
Yeah that's true i forgot she races too now :doh:

Stangman
09-12-2008, 04:02 PM
Yeah that's true i forgot she races too now :doh:

Yeahhh... Ashley Force is sooo hott... I'd totally bone her hardcore :pump: :pump:

Gregg@TFS
09-12-2008, 04:27 PM
Yeahhh... Ashley Force is sooo hott... I'd totally bone her hardcore :pump: :pump:

She drives a funny car for a living. Do honestly think anything you can give her anything that will compete with the thunder between her legs every weekend?

Ah NO!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D

Timido
09-12-2008, 04:30 PM
I belive the guy who sold Vinny the turbo Kit ran 8.60- 8.80's with a little more cubic inchs and the same cam.

Stangman
09-12-2008, 04:35 PM
She drives a funny car for a living. Do honestly think anything you can give her anything that will compete with the thunder between her legs every weekend?

Ah NO!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D

I bet you are right about that Gregg, but damnit i'd try!! :D :bigthumb

She is such a hottie! Dark hair and brown eyes... and into Fords! :drool:

And how freakin cool would it be to have John Freakin Force as a father-in-law?!?!?!?

Best thing in the world thats what it would be!

I'd be lying if I said Ashley Force wasn't my dream girl!

Maximus
09-12-2008, 04:47 PM
I don't want to put money into it Terry (especially money I don't have). Honestly, I have lost the will to even want to drive it. I want to see it out and about, being driven like it is supposed to, and I can't do that. It wouldn't take much to get it done, but then it would need constant maintenance, hauled to the track, etc. etc. etc. I don't want anything to do with it, plain and simple. :(

Is that your not so subtle way of telling us something? lol....

Ill be sending you a PM tonight when I get 10 minutes.:)

Maximus
09-12-2008, 11:53 PM
hey now....all that has been done...for weeks...

its just that the new house took priority over the car with little guy coming in only 8 weeks...

besides...paging through jegs & summit catalogs next to the shitter & looking at all the huge price increases on all the parts in my car every few months ...i just sit back & watch it increase in value....:lol:

My magna fuel pro 500 fuel pump & 4 port regulator now sells for $929.95....:eek::eek: wtf.... thats one example of dozens where parts have increased by the hundreds....

"and no craig that dosen't mean i buy any parts from jegs or summit"

Thats ok guy, if you wanna spend more $$ then you just go ahead and call those guys!:lol:

Silver Bullet
09-13-2008, 03:59 AM
I think a few people are avoiding this thread??? SKEERED??:Owned:

Maximus
09-13-2008, 07:52 AM
I think a few people are avoiding this thread??? SKEERED??:Owned:

If you are trying to call someone in particular out, then Just do it and quit beating around the damn bush.:flipoff::lol:

KenB
09-13-2008, 08:59 AM
If you are trying to call someone in particular out, then Just do it and quit beating around the damn bush.:flipoff::lol:

I don't see anyone on the list that has anywhere near the power potential as his, so not sure who he could be talking about. Maybe all these other 8 second cars that are getting ready to come out. But that's been such a big secret, they probably won't post.

Maximus
09-13-2008, 09:01 AM
I don't see anyone on the list that has anywhere near the power potential as his, so not sure who he could be talking about. Maybe all these other 8 second cars that are getting ready to come out. But that's been such a big secret, they probably won't post.

Thats Ghey. Ive got a secret!!:rolleyes::lol::lol:

KenB
09-13-2008, 09:05 AM
Thats Ghey. Ive got a secret!!:rolleyes::lol::lol:

I agree, just come out and run if you got something. The baddest street car I'm involved in probably can't hang with Terry unless major things are done, so I'm not hiding anything.

firestang70
09-13-2008, 09:18 AM
Whos skeered??? Hell even my street car can run in the 8s. I mean who can't in the 1/8 th mile.:tard:

Silver Bullet
09-13-2008, 05:49 PM

Not really trying to call anyone in paticular out. Just trying to stir the pot and make the board fun again. The way it used to be. I'm not the type of person to call someone out unless they start something with me, then it is on. I just like to have fun. It has been way to quiet! Agree?

About the "Other" 8 second cars coming out.... yeah why not post what u have then bring it out. I hate people that don't like to tell you what they have and want to play games.

I like to know what everyone is up to and there goals.... heck like I said before, if someone needed a hand, I would lend mine. That is the way everyone on here has treated me. :bigthumb

93cobra
09-13-2008, 06:10 PM
no 8 second passes ever going to come from me....

...wait a minute...i could do a high speed low pass in the swift at 185....& then pull straight vertical for a few thousand feet....probably be about a 5 second pass...

somebody needs to buy my car throw a power adder on it and run an 8 sec pass with ease...

come on guys...find that person out there to take this off my hands...

turnkey $45k
rolling with everything minus motor/ trans / drive shaft $25k
motor / trans $25k
motor $15k
trans / bell / clutch / drive shaft $10k

everything is brand new...zero passes

Silver Bullet
09-13-2008, 06:23 PM
no 8 second passes ever going to come from me....

...wait a minute...i could do a high speed low pass in the swift at 185....& then pull straight vertical for a few thousand feet....probably be about a 5 second pass...

somebody needs to buy my car throw a power adder on it and run an 8 sec pass with ease...

come on guys...find that person out there to take this off my hands...

turnkey $45k
rolling with everything minus motor/ trans / drive shaft $25k
motor / trans $25k
motor $15k
trans / bell / clutch / drive shaft $10k

everything is brand new...zero passes

Now way! Don't do it! Just finish it and then sell it if you want. I almost did several times myself. Now I'm glad I didn't. I'm glad I listened to everyone. Now if they offered the right amount of $$$$$, It could be theirs.

93cobra
09-13-2008, 06:41 PM
im sure its not going anywhere until its done & i advertise nationwide if i do indeed let it go...i agree when its done i'll be excited...

no one in our area with the cash is smart enough to jump on it...& save over 10K an avoid lots of bs

i keep forgetting too that everyone can build similar cars for 10K...if i had a dollar everytime someone told me "yeah man...so & so is selling his 9 second car for ten"...or "yeah...i saw a sweet 9 second car just like yours on racing junk...they want 12 for it..." id be rich..

honestly don't want to sell it...but really don't care anymore is the bottom line...im kinda over it...stick race is 10 min from me right now & im home on the computer...

JASON408
09-13-2008, 11:13 PM
I think there are alot lot of people around here who have been on the list for a long time and know that its a long year and alot of people wait till the last min to post up there times to put some drama to it . Hell i have made a number of passes fast enough to put me in the top half of the field but it always fun to kept them talking :lol: And then you have a few street racers who wait till the end to show there hand . And then a few still in the build mode. No one can desput your shit is fast . But if you want to call some body out they are prob racing up in middletown tonight .That is where they seprates the men from the boys but you better bring your gun they dont play fair up there :lol: and if you wait till someone says go you will lose they go on 1 up there :lol: I think buy the end of the year we will have 4 or 5 eight secound cars on the list . But seeing who can get down tristate on the shoot out will be fun . I rember last year nothing like seeing your shift light go on and off at 1000 foot .

JASON408
09-13-2008, 11:21 PM
:jawdrop:BUT I WILL HAVE TO SAY THE JUICE IS GOING ON THIS WEEK :lol:

kennebellcobra
09-13-2008, 11:26 PM
I hope you got more than only an 8.85...The Kennebell's coming for ya:rolleyes: 8.85 is that all you got:tongue2: I will let my secret out I'm putting on an 88mm turbo to feed the kennebell...I see no problems with 7's:D

JASON408
09-13-2008, 11:29 PM
I hope you got more than only an 8.85...The Kennebell's coming for ya:rolleyes: 8.85 is that all you got:tongue2: I will let my secret out I'm putting on an 88mm turbo to feed the kennebell...I see no problems with 7's:D
NOW THAT WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT !!!!!!!!!! FU** THE 8S GO STAIGHT TO THE 7S

89notch
09-13-2008, 11:37 PM
no one in our area with the cash is smart enough to jump on it...& save over 10K an avoid lots of bs

I understand your car is nice but this comment really pissed me off. Its a carb 93 cobra race car nothing more. It took me about 2 mins to find two other 93 cobras that are probably faster with just as nice of parts on it. I have watch you make comments like this a few times and if it was such a good deal it would be sold already. I suggest you finish it and see what it brings I'm willing to bet you dont get an offer over 25k for it. These cars just dont bring that kind of money

http://home.comcast.net/~gzcars/

Wonder what someone could do to this one for 20k left to spend on it
https://www.racingjunk.com/post/1241239/-93-mustang-cobra-9sec-street-car-37k-miles.html

KenB
09-13-2008, 11:40 PM

Just think if it wasn't at 3,600 lbs.!!!!!

93 coupe
09-14-2008, 12:04 AM
I understand your car is nice but this comment really pissed me off. Its a carb 93 cobra race car nothing more. It took me about 2 mins to find two other 93 cobras that are probably faster with just as nice of parts on it. I have watch you make comments like this a few times and if it was such a good deal it would be sold already. I suggest you finish it and see what it brings I'm willing to bet you dont get an offer over 25k for it.

https://www.racingjunk.com/post/1241239/-93-mustang-cobra-9sec-street-car-37k-miles.html

Yea both those cars look like SHIT next to Jonny's! I think you were a little harsh Kelly. Have you seen his car in person? It's drop dead sexy.:drool: Would I pay 45-50K for it, no but it's his and he knows what he has sunk in it. It's always cheaper to buy them done. Hell if I had a extra 50K laying around I would own a NMRA DR car that's for sale here in town that is proven winner. :D

JASON408
09-14-2008, 12:06 AM
You will not find to many cars out there as nice as johnys . His car is a very few bars away from a being 25.2 and is prob nicer then some of the cars running hot street . You could not build his car for what he is asking . You can buy a car thats faster for less but it will not be as nice or have the parts it has in it all brand new . I have seen and bought a lot of junk in my day and when you get a sso car for 25 grand its a fast piece of junk . To alot of people thats ok because its fast ( me included) but to the few that want it fast and look like a show car you can buy johnys car save some money and not go thew the headache of building it .

93 coupe
09-14-2008, 12:06 AM

WOW!!!! Thank god you bought that Dart block :D Your gonna need it with a couple kits on kill! :smokin:

89notch
09-14-2008, 12:10 AM
Yea both those cars look like SHIT next to Jonny's! I think you were a little harsh Kelly. Have you seen his car in person? It's drop dead sexy.:drool: Would I pay 45-50K for it, no but it's his and he knows what he has sunk in it. It's always cheaper to buy them done. Hell if I had a extra 50K laying around I would own a NMRA DR car that's for sale here in town that is proven winner. :D

I've seen his car back in the day and it is very nice and I know he has alot of $$ in it. The car has the best of everything on it. I'm just saying these cars dont bring that kind of money. I guess its the comment of no one is smart enough to buy it for 45k turn key just hit me the wrong way. I would hope that if I had a car with as much money invested as he has it would bring 45k but I know it wouldnt. He is much better of to finish it and keep it for a while and take a hit on it later.

93 coupe
09-14-2008, 12:13 AM
I've seen his car back in the day and it is very nice and I know he has alot of $$ in it. The car has the best of everything on it. I'm just saying these cars dont bring that kind of money. I guess its the comment of no one is smart enough to buy it for 45k turn key just hit me the wrong way. I would hope that if I had a car with as much money invested as he has it would bring 45k but I know it wouldnt. He is much better of to finish it and keep it for a while and take a hit on it later.

Oh I agree You can always buy them cheaper! Believe me I've pissed away more money than most building these money pits the last 10 years. :lol:

89notch
09-14-2008, 12:16 AM
Oh I agree You can always buy them cheaper! Believe me I've pissed away more money than most building these money pits the last 10 years. :lol:

You would think we would learn after a while but we never do.

93 coupe
09-14-2008, 12:16 AM
And still haven't learned.... :confused:

chad393na
09-14-2008, 12:32 AM

That is nice!!!!!:bigthumb

Maximus
09-14-2008, 01:30 AM
I understand your car is nice but this comment really pissed me off.

When was the last time YOU had anything in the single digits? just asking there Ambulance guy.:lol::bigthumb

89notch
09-14-2008, 05:39 AM
When was the last time YOU had anything in the single digits? just asking there Ambulance guy.:lol::bigthumb

You must be drunk since that has nothing to do with anything Mr speed shop guy

YouGotJunk
09-14-2008, 06:26 AM
Who fucking cars, honestly? Cars are just cars and nothing more. The person willing to put the most time and money in a car is going to have the fastest/nicest car 9 times out of 10. I got into racing because it was fun. I knew I could never ever be the fastest guy out there, but I figured i'd go as fast as my budget would allow. I'm so tired of racing and stuff that I cant even stand to look at my car without it physically making me sick. I've had so many nights without sleep and so many headaches from this crap that it drove me away from it. I could careless about racing anymore. I've taken my car to a level I never thought of being able to reach and now, it dont mean shit to me. I've thought about selling it a million times but there's no way I could sell it after all the money and hours i've put into it. I'd rather crush it than sell it, which really dont sound like a bad idea. In the end, just be happy with what you have and enjoy it. Dont worry about trying to have the fastest or the nicest car out there cause in the end....what does it prove??

93hulk
09-14-2008, 07:31 AM

The PINKS car was his.:D

Maximus
09-14-2008, 09:48 AM
I understand your car is nice but this comment really pissed me off. Its a carb 93 cobra race car nothing more. It took me about 2 mins to find two other 93 cobras that are probably faster with just as nice of parts on it. I have watch you make comments like this a few times and if it was such a good deal it would be sold already. I suggest you finish it and see what it brings I'm willing to bet you dont get an offer over 25k for it. These cars just dont bring that kind of money

Opinions are like what??:lol:

93cobra
09-14-2008, 11:14 AM

you crack me up kelly...honestly never did like you man...& thats sad because i like everyone...:flipoff:

89notch
09-14-2008, 11:46 AM
you crack me up kelly...honestly never did like you man...& thats sad because i like everyone...:flipoff:

Well we agree on something so I will leave it at that :lol:

plated
09-14-2008, 11:47 AM
Well we agree on something so I will leave it at that :lol:
and u have a bad hair cut kelly:cool1: lol

89notch
09-14-2008, 01:11 PM
and u have a bad hair cut kelly:cool1: lol
What you talking about I dont have any
:lol:

Silver Bullet
09-14-2008, 03:02 PM
I think there are alot lot of people around here who have been on the list for a long time and know that its a long year and alot of people wait till the last min to post up there times to put some drama to it . Hell i have made a number of passes fast enough to put me in the top half of the field but it always fun to kept them talking :lol: And then you have a few street racers who wait till the end to show there hand . And then a few still in the build mode. No one can desput your shit is fast . But if you want to call some body out they are prob racing up in middletown tonight .That is where they seprates the men from the boys but you better bring your gun they dont play fair up there :lol: and if you wait till someone says go you will lose they go on 1 up there :lol: I think buy the end of the year we will have 4 or 5 eight secound cars on the list . But seeing who can get down tristate on the shoot out will be fun . I rember last year nothing like seeing your shift light go on and off at 1000 foot .

Yeah, I raced up in Middletown back in the day. Vinny and I cruising up there, so I know how it works. It was a good time and all in fun. Those guys seemed like ASSHOLES on the board, but once you meet them in person, you realize they just want to have fun like everyone else, and that is what it is about. I was not lucky enough to be able to participate in the shootout last year. When is it going to happen this year?

As far as 4 or 5 eight second rides this year, I don't see it happening. Maybe two or three.

I think you need to post your time up now, of what u have run, and join the list!:bigthumb

What I do think is amazing, is the # of cars in the 9's this year. A lot of people have put a lot of time and effort in their cars and it shows. All the hard work is finally paying off for people.

What I don't like on this board is how some people are swinging off peoples nuts. If a car from their area puts up a nice run.... they post... if someone else does it, they just sit back and say nothing. I have respect for anyone that puts time and effort in there car. I don't care where you are from or who you know or don't know.

As far as you putting on the nitrous, It looks VERY nice. Now get that shit on the car and put up an 8 second pass!

Silver Bullet
09-14-2008, 03:20 PM

Oh, there is more!:eek: Just going to wait a second and see what happens!

:D

Silver Bullet
09-14-2008, 03:23 PM
You can buy a car thats faster for less but it will not be as nice or have the parts it has in it all brand new . I have seen and bought a lot of junk in my day and when you get a sso car for 25 grand its a fast piece of junk .

I Think I would be lucky to get $25,000 out of mine, and it is all new and good parts!:(

93cobra
09-16-2008, 08:20 AM
now that i have power again...not to bring back up but wanted to mention...

i do say thanks to jason & tino for the nice comments about my car.

also... i will say.... "i could give 2 shits about my car myself"....its a freaking car!...about 4th on my hobby list....

it is what it is...& anyone out there can compare things all day long...i believe my rear end & tranny costs more than kelly's pinks car....does that make me cooler...no...does that mean my car is cooler...no...is my car a little more quality...maybe
...but don't go talking shit about something you don't know about. & saying i couldn't get over 25k for it shows how stupid you are... I've been offered 35k for my car twice "in pieces" by people who admit that they were lowballing & already have cars... that 25k comment sounds like beefcake telling me my f150 was worth 5-6k because if they came & saw him...they could buy a brand new one for 10k a few months ago when i got 11k for it by the first person who called 2 days after listing it on craigs list

im not a big fan of cars that post up awesome numbers a handful of times...& have the classic 2 page list of parts it needs to be somewhat bullit proof & run the same impresive run the next 30 weekends in a row... a car "in general" "and no thats not talking about anyones car in particular on here" that is running on thing ice a pass away from losing a bottom end again is meaningless to me...

i had no intentions of belittling anyone by saying "no one is smart enough to buy etc..."..you left out one thing i did say...anyone "with the extra cash"....which rules out 99%

btw kelly....i haven't cared for you simply because of the way you handled all the pinks parts donations...including the shit i gave you...not because shit you talk about my car...what you believe is tasteful & carries value simply is not what we agree on..

93cobra
09-16-2008, 01:01 PM
I Think I would be lucky to get $25,000 out of mine, and it is all new and good parts!:(

I know of 11 second cars that are worth $30K....people don't know what comparing "apples to apples" means these days....;)

Silver Bullet
09-16-2008, 05:47 PM
Yeah, Im not saying it isn't worth it. I have WAY more $$$ in it than that. I would just be lucky to find someone with that much cash willing to spend it on a car right now.

Silver Bullet
09-16-2008, 05:49 PM
:jawdrop:
I know of 11 second cars that are worth $30K....people don't know what comparing "apples to apples" means these days....;)

Plus I would love to have your chasis and switch everything over! Talk about one hella fast car!:eek:

89notch
09-16-2008, 10:12 PM
btw kelly....i haven't cared for you simply because of the way you handled all the pinks parts donations...including the shit i gave you...not because shit you talk about my car...what you believe is tasteful & carries value simply is not what we agree on..

Yea I have never understood what you think I did wrong with the pinks car stuff. I busted my ass to make sure to thank everyone and I'm sure I missed some people but you would think people would understand.

12seclx
09-16-2008, 10:33 PM
:popcorn:

93cobra
09-16-2008, 10:35 PM
I would just be lucky to find someone with that much cash willing to spend it on a car right now.

Its not about luck...just need to open up your options nationwide if you ever decided you wanted to let go...there are more smart people than you think that know whats up & appreciate what you have...may be 1 in 500 but they're out there...just because no one local steps up means nothing..

i could write a small book on cars & bikes i've sold to people out of town in the past 14 years...

2 classic examples....

a 93 cobra i had since highschool...43k orig miles...everyone local...friends of friends etc swore the car was only worth 10K....because it wasn't 100% stock ...exhaust, shifter, cold air...etc etc..
sold 3 days to guy in chicago who flew in, drove home...$15K

66 falcon...clean ass car...crate motor...new everything...drove to car shows with for sale signs, took to columbus ford meet....best offer i received...$12k-13K...ebay...buy it now 1 day $18,500....dude from wisconsin flew in drove home...year later got magazine coverage...& he told me just a few months ago...he sold to a guy in CA for $26K & only changed the rear tires after buying from me...

i'll probably eventually build a fuel injected blown motor for my cobra...i realize the old ashtray on top of my motor with the smokers cough...is kinda gay...but its what i have for now & the hard part is finished with the chassis where I want it etc...swapping motors is a one day job

331TwistedWedge
09-16-2008, 10:54 PM
gotta love ebay :bigthumb

93cobra
09-16-2008, 10:55 PM
Yea I have never understood what you think I did wrong with the pinks car stuff. I busted my ass to make sure to thank everyone and I'm sure I missed some people but you would think people would understand.

it wasn't about telling people thanks....it had more to do with mutiple people donating the same parts... but doubles not returned etc... i know for sure because when i saw the car at the blue rock cruise in & checked it out...a few things i donated weren't even on the car....which left me thinking...:confused: damn...i should of ebayed my stuff...etc..it wasn't a lot but a few hundred bucks worth of stuff

i also was pissed because when asking a few questions...i got bombarded by you & your crew when i really had my local ford dealership interested in donating good money for a logo on the rear quarter...etc...after being basically labeled the a**hole ...

its water under the bridge...not a big deal but i have to admit...it created a first impression

all in all i thought you still did an awesome job with the whole project & thought it was awesome for vinny & holly

i apologize for maybe overeacting on that and my car b.s. :o:bigthumb

lifes to short to make enemies....rather be your friend

ibstrokin
09-16-2008, 10:57 PM
Blah Blah Blah, the thread is who's stepping up, So who's stepping up? I'm out for this yr, I'm fixing the body work/paint on the car, so I should be out come spring.

Silver Bullet
09-16-2008, 11:01 PM

I agree... now that is being a real Man!:bigthumb

93cobra
09-16-2008, 11:04 PM
Blah Blah Blah, the thread is who's stepping up, So who's stepping up? I'm out for this yr, I'm fixing the body work/paint on the car, so I should be out come spring.

my bad with what i've contributed to the stepping up turned drama thread...

good luck with your build

Maximus
09-17-2008, 12:36 AM
I guess I better stay out of this one.:lol:

Silver Bullet
09-17-2008, 09:13 AM
I guess I better stay out of this one.:lol:

Oh, No, If you have something to add, please do!:lol:

Maximus
09-17-2008, 03:31 PM
Oh, No, If you have something to add, please do!:lol:

I was just going to mention that the Coupe has been down for awhile and its hard to talk smack when you have nothing running.:(

89notch
09-18-2008, 09:28 AM
it wasn't about telling people thanks....it had more to do with mutiple people donating the same parts... but doubles not returned etc... i know for sure because when i saw the car at the blue rock cruise in & checked it out...a few things i donated weren't even on the car....which left me thinking...:confused: damn...i should of ebayed my stuff...etc..it wasn't a lot but a few hundred bucks worth of stuff

i also was pissed because when asking a few questions...i got bombarded by you & your crew when i really had my local ford dealership interested in donating good money for a logo on the rear quarter...etc...after being basically labeled the a**hole ...

its water under the bridge...not a big deal but i have to admit...it created a first impression

all in all i thought you still did an awesome job with the whole project & thought it was awesome for vinny & holly

i apologize for maybe overeacting on that and my car b.s. :o:bigthumb

I don't remember you donating anything but a set of struts that were on the car but it has been a while so I could be wrong. We did have some people donate some double parts but some people donated some parts that were not any good so we had no choice but to find others. We also had some people donate duplicates and I called them and asked them if it would be a big deal if we tried to trade them off for something we still needed for the car. I tried to do my best to keep up with the donations but sometimes people would show up at my house with parts that I had no idea who or where they came from. Yes there is very few parts left over from the pinks car but honestly they are not worth anything. They are just taking up space but I felt obligated to not throw them away and what was worth anything we traded for other items to finish the car. I would also like to point out that myself or anyone else profited nothing from the pinks car nor did any of the parts from the pinks car go onto my cars. Hell if anything I couldn't count the number of times I would come home to a few people working on the car and people say hey we took this off your 86 since we didn't have one. All you had to do was ask if you had questions on the pinks car and you could do that a much better way than you did before. If you would have sent me a PM and asked I would have had no problems telling anyone what was going on with there parts.

Found what you donated
http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32537&highlight=pinks

Holly
09-18-2008, 09:33 AM
I would also like to point out that myself or anyone else profited nothing from the pinks car nor did any of the parts from the pinks car go onto my cars.

Well said Kelly, and I know for a fact that is a true statement. It still pisses me off to hear people bad mouth you guys in ANY way regarding the Pinks car. What you guys did for Amanda and I was above and beyond what anybody else did, and I will be forever grateful. You guys took time out of your own lives, spent your own money, got yourselves to Kansas at your own expense, and still today, are trying your damnest to get the Camaro in good running order so we can sell it.

So all you haters... :flipoff:

Maximus
09-18-2008, 10:38 AM
Watching PINKS that night was pretty cool. (seeing an old friend and making things right later that night was even better!) The Stang looked awesome and Matt Johnson drove it for all its worth. EVERYONE that worked on it, donated to it, towed it, etc etc should be given a HUGE ATTABOY!!!:rockon::rockon:

Anywho...lets get back on track.

Terry! Your Dyno numbers are in trouble......:dork:

93cobra
09-18-2008, 04:25 PM
my fuel cell nor my struts were on that car...i looked at it myself at blue rock cruise in last year...not saying you kept them kelly & obviously never said anyone profited ..never insinuated that...who knows where they went....& honestly who cares at this point...

actually holly or anyone else with the ability, do me a favor and delete my account on here...not mad or anything...just waste too much time & the guys ive met on here that i like, i know how to get a hold of...

it was fun for 3 years...but its old now...when the snake car is finished someday, i'll see you guys at a cruise in or umtr race

Wish everyone well!

Silver Bullet
09-18-2008, 04:37 PM
Terry! Your Dyno numbers are in trouble......:dork:

Maybe I should come up and put some new #'s down with the New found
Boost!;)

Maximus
09-18-2008, 04:39 PM
You know what they say....dont sing it, Ba-ring it!!!:flipoff:

89notch
09-18-2008, 04:45 PM
my fuel cell nor my struts were on that car...i looked at it myself at blue rock cruise in last year...not saying you kept them kelly & obviously never said anyone profited ..never insinuated that...who knows where they went....& honestly who cares at this point...

actually holly or anyone else with the ability, do me a favor and delete my account on here...not mad or anything...just waste too much time & the guys ive met on here that i like, i know how to get a hold of...

it was fun for 3 years...but its old now...when the snake car is finished someday, i'll see you guys at a cruise in or umtr race

Wish everyone well!

You didnt donate a fuel cell and the struts you gave us were on that car its the only set we had. Actually I think QuickLX installed the struts onto the coil overs and put them in the car. The fuel cell for the car was donated before you offered yours. If you read the post I linked it says we dont need the fuel cell so we didnt take it :HYF: The struts were picked up by someone on the eastside from Rigid and brought to my house and I never once saw your fuel cell. Your fuel cell might still be sitting at rigid shop. So maybe you should get some facts straight before you start pointing fingers. I'm not trying to start shit about the pinks deal but I'm tired of people talking shit about the pinks car when they had no idea what went on with it.

Silver Bullet
09-18-2008, 04:51 PM

Wish everyone well!

You better quit being like that! Your here to stay..... wether u like it or not! come on man, this isn't what this thread is about....

Here is what u r supposed to say..." Terry, My shit is almost done, I'm putting a power adder on, and coming to SPANK YOUR ASS!":eek:

Maximus
09-18-2008, 05:43 PM
Alright Terry, you need to start another "call out" thread.:bigthumb

KenB
09-18-2008, 06:06 PM

Wish everyone well!

Why create drama about it? This post is just like a woman saying, "I too fat!" (when she's not).

If you waste too much time on here, just don't sign on. simple. Making a post like this is just calling more attention to yourself.

Rick93coupe
09-18-2008, 09:12 PM

Wish everyone well!

LOL, this sounds an awful lot like " I'm taking my ball and going home" :lol:

93cobra
09-18-2008, 10:10 PM
Why create drama about it? This post is just like a woman saying, "I too fat!" (when she's not).

If you waste too much time on here, just don't sign on. simple. Making a post like this is just calling more attention to yourself.

good idea...didn't think of it that way. btw good luck with your factory stock cars

YouGotJunk
09-19-2008, 08:18 AM
good idea...didn't think of it that way. btw good luck with your factory stock cars

Wow....:eek:

KenB
09-19-2008, 08:33 AM

Thanks!

I thought you were leaving? :rolleyes: You didn't even make it 5 hours. lol

Silver Bullet
09-19-2008, 08:06 PM
LOL, this sounds an awful lot like " I'm taking my ball and going home" :lol:

Now that is some funny shit!:lol:

Maximus
09-19-2008, 08:32 PM
Now that is some funny shit!:lol:

Arent you suppose to be down here to learn how to run valves?:tard:

Silver Bullet
09-19-2008, 09:08 PM
Arent you suppose to be down here to learn how to run valves?:tard:

Yeah, but I had to take my daughter to soccer practice... and now getting ready to head off to work. :(

Busy Busy Busy

mustangboy
09-19-2008, 10:20 PM
Allright I'll bite. I'm officially announcing I'll have the fastest looking slow car on the board. Bring it.:flipoff:

DeckerEnt
09-19-2008, 10:51 PM
Mine will be slower than yours but will look even slower. LOL
Keith

mustang3091
09-20-2008, 12:30 AM
I have read this thread and i will like to say a few things.I am not here to put any ones car down if you do the work your self you save alot of money but the hours you have in it wow there is nothing that can ever replace that but you will have 1 thing and that is pride in your self for building something that you truely know is what you want to do there is no amount of money that can replace that and if you have a 15 year old or so on and they have helped you WOW you have keep them home and out of trouble.I have done all the work on my car with my son and daughter and there is no MONEY that can replace that! Also i thought this was a place to meet new people who love the same thing i do but everytime i read a thread like this WOW not sure i am in the right place!So if anyone would like a new freind to help you with your project or some parts or anything send me a P.M.

Maximus
09-20-2008, 12:40 AM
I have read this thread and i will like to say a few things.I am not here to put any ones car down if you do the work your self you save alot of money but the hours you have in it wow there is nothing that can ever replace that but you will have 1 thing and that is pride in your self for building something that you truely know is what you want to do there is no amount of money that can replace that and if you have a 15 year old or so on and they have helped you WOW you have keep them home and out of trouble.I have done all the work on my car with my son and daughter and there is no MONEY that can replace that! Also i thought this was a place to meet new people who love the same thing i do but everytime i read a thread like this WOW not sure i am in the right place!So if anyone would like a new freind to help you with your project or some parts or anything send me a P.M.

This is a BIG Family, sometimes Families argue over dumb shit. In the end, we are still family.:)

With that being said......WOW! You need some FN punctuation up in here!!!:lol: Im kidding with you by the way.:D

mustang3091
09-20-2008, 01:21 AM
See that what i am talking about.And i have my girl who is 17 my son who is 15

mustang3091
09-20-2008, 01:23 AM
Hey hard to type with 1 hand

Maximus
09-20-2008, 01:50 AM
Im kidding with you by the way.:D

I guess you missed this part?;)

Silver Bullet
09-20-2008, 05:16 PM

All of my post are in good fun! I agree with Craig, we all are one big family....:bigthumb