PDA

View Full Version : hurricane ike

rogers
09-12-2008, 05:01 PM
well to let you know its very interesting here in houston right now i'm glad my internet is still working and eventhough the monster isn's supposed to hit us full on for a few more hours the freakin wind is awsome we are 80 some odd miles inland here and you can smell the ocean. i have made all the preperations possible and amazinly enough everyone was very curtious today eventhough is took forever to get anything done. i went to the grocery filled up both cars planned a future route in case we have to go without power for an excessive period of time, cleaned up the garage and actually got both cars in with room to spare (no basements here so everything is in the garage :lol:) i'm just so bored i'll get pictures up when i have something to show before and afters its really got my adrenaline pumping :bigthumb we are on the westside of houston about 40 miles and it should get a little crazy for awhile but i think we will be okay i worry more about poeple southeast of here they are already getting pounded and it hasn't even made land. my favorite fishing pier is gone already! :lol: please keep us in your thoughts and prayers i know it will be okay its just such a strange feeling waiting for the storm, its coming and there's just nothing you can do about tty soon :popcorn:

89notch
09-12-2008, 05:09 PM
Be careful and good luck I hope it works out.

Holly
09-12-2008, 05:10 PM
I was just surfing the internet looking at info on that hurricane. SCARY!

Stay safe and keep us posted. I'll be all over the news in the AM to see how your area got hit.

God Bless you and your family!

Black Horse
09-12-2008, 05:19 PM
Get the hell out of Dodge boy!

rogers
09-12-2008, 05:30 PM
alright i got my video cards all downloaded so i got plenty of room for pictures now :lol:

DeckerEnt
09-12-2008, 05:36 PM
Fill those cards back up and post em. Be safe though. Do you have a telephone pole to lash yourself to when it really gets bad? LOL
Be safe Guy!!!!!
Keith

MrsAPE
09-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Be safe!

mustang8998
09-12-2008, 06:28 PM
Stay safe down there, brother!

We'll be thinking about you guys.

rogers
09-12-2008, 07:04 PM
thanks yall the wind is really starting to pick up now they are saying by 7 we should have tropical strength wind and by midnight sustained winds of close to 80 mph my son is so funny he is worried about his toys and psp my daughter is as cool as a cucumber i got a few pics so far i'll try and get them up and keep everyone posted as the night drags on i plan on staying up to look over the family and i'll try and update as long as i got electricity (shoulda bought a wireless card for my laptop :HYF: stay tuned :lol:

Stangman
09-12-2008, 07:15 PM
Stay safe down there Charles, I dont want those headers to blow away :lol:

But seriously though, be careful!!!

rogers
09-12-2008, 07:22 PM
okay i'm trying to get the pics i have up the first are of the galveston island area and my favorite fishing pier just so you can see what they normally look like the others are of our new home and the weather around us right now

rogers
09-12-2008, 07:23 PM
and the house and weather right now

rogers
09-12-2008, 07:24 PM
Stay safe down there Charles, I dont want those headers to blow away :lol:

But seriously though, be careful!!!

thanks they in a box ready to ship!

MrsAPE
09-12-2008, 07:45 PM
pretty and scary pictures!! i'll be keeping you guys in my thoughts!

R825OH
09-12-2008, 07:47 PM
Definitely scary looking be safe and good luck

rogers
09-12-2008, 09:01 PM
:eek:some of the outter bands came over awhile ago i got some good pics also anyone with direct tv check out channel 361 and you'll be able t see our news we are watching right now next few hours we should have sustained winds in the high 70's :eek: and just in a tornado watch :eek:

rogers
09-13-2008, 12:09 AM
11:07 here and we just started getting rain so i think i'm shutting down for the night to keep watch on the family so heres to talking to you all tomorrow :cheers:

DeckerEnt
09-13-2008, 02:20 AM
Looking forward to some awesome pics. Be safe guy. Good luck.
Keith

cincystang
09-13-2008, 02:35 AM
hey be safe man keep us updated

Carl
09-13-2008, 08:59 AM
This is what I hate about being in a coastal state. The skies looked like that here when Hanna came through last weekend.

mach_u
09-13-2008, 09:31 AM
Looking forward to some awesome pics. Be safe guy. Good luck.
Keith
+1! All the best!

REDHOTGTGIRL
09-13-2008, 10:15 AM
Hope everything is alright for you and your family. My older sister is in Lake Charles, LA and evacuated yesterday, but my nephew works for the government on a ferry and he had to stay with the boat, so I am waiting to hear about him. Will keep you in our prayers.

Blonde_5.0
09-13-2008, 11:01 AM
I hope everything is ok....I am watching the weather channel here at work and what they are showing of HOuston isn't so hot right now.... Good luck.

firestang70
09-13-2008, 11:42 AM
Please let us know if you are OK. Good luck brother.

beefcake
09-13-2008, 12:08 PM
more pics

mustang8998
09-13-2008, 02:41 PM
Please let us know if you are OK. Good luck brother.

I just got off the phone, with Rogers. They are fine, but as you might expect, have no power.

He said he would post up pics, when the power is back on.

firestang70
09-13-2008, 03:50 PM
Thanks Jeff.

DeckerEnt
09-13-2008, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the update. I was thinking about him today.
Keith

MrsAPE
09-14-2008, 07:45 AM
Whew...thanks for the update. I've been wondering.

rogers
09-14-2008, 10:10 AM
:lol:okay we are at the inlaws now stillno power i got called to work to repair damages (i work in northern downtown houston) took three hours round trip couldn't make it due to the rains we are recieving from the west right now i got some more pictures but won't load up till we make it back to our house thank god we didn't lose not one shingle from our home thought this around us are destroyed. though we still don't have power after seeing some of downtown and the areas around there my heart really goes out to them i feel so fortunate :) my wife works at lowes they got called in too, people need supplies. people are inline waiting for gas stations to open i used a 1/4 of a tank and didn't even make it to work. last night we stayed at the inlaws and i parked on the street and guess what my stang got flooded on the passenger side i got a few inches of water on that side :( i will get pics of that too!, on my way to work i ran through a few spots where i had no choice but to keep going and i got my cold air/ ram air ripped off thank god cause i would've inhaled enough water to lock up the engine:rolleyes: i want a new one anyways but not like that:lol: for those who have family here in areas that got hit worse my deepest thoughts go out to them. after this i can only imagine what katrina was like.

rogers
09-14-2008, 10:11 AM
I just got off the phone, with Rogers. They are fine, but as you might expect, have no power.

He said he would post up pics, when the power is back on.

Jeff you truely are the BEST :bigthumb

thanks bro!!!!

REDHOTGTGIRL
09-14-2008, 12:26 PM
Glad to hear you guys are okay. Hopefully everything get cleaned up and all that. We'll be praying for everyone.

rogers
09-14-2008, 07:33 PM
okay how about some pics

50dan
09-14-2008, 08:16 PM
Got a taste of Ike today, WOW, that was wicked!!! 70 MPH winds from noon til bout and hour ago. Trees down everywhere, power out everywhere, no gas station open, Meijer was tossing ALL cold stuff in bins and going to the garbage!!!! Man it was a crazy sight for Cincinnati Bridgetown area. Cheviot was a mess too, every road was closed, the Elk Lodge at Bridgetown and Harrison was burning, people were everywhere looking at all the damage. Man that was weird!!! Almost felt like a mild all day tornado. It was a bitch trying to keep the 66 Fairlane under cover!!! My street block is the only one with power within like 5-6 miles, or more... Everyone at the only gas station pumping gas right at the corner was saying Duke is telling them 2-5 days before power is restored caus most of their crews went South for Ike.

rogers
09-14-2008, 08:24 PM
how about some aftermath pictures i got some :lol:

rogers
09-14-2008, 08:29 PM
and finally for today the spot where the stang was when i parked it last night cause we had to stay at the inlaws (no power thanks ike :bigthumb)and the water that was left in it the stream you see was up to the passengers side headlight the neighbors tried waking us up but i guess we were all just to tired :( oh yeah and a shot of everyones favorite shopping mall :lol::lol::lol: i didn't think i'd ever see one of these things closed :angel:

rogers
09-14-2008, 08:34 PM
and just a few more this is stuff blown under the highway 10 bridge and the water was like a foot under the bridge that is usually just a small stream 10 to 15 feet lower than it is here :eek:

rogers
09-14-2008, 08:34 PM
now lets see those pictures from up there:popcorn:

50dan
09-14-2008, 08:38 PM
Someone post pics. I didn't have the camera charged. :confused:

R825OH
09-14-2008, 09:03 PM
Glad to hear you all are OK Thanks for checking in I was wondering about you all last night.

beefcake
09-15-2008, 07:04 AM
glad your ok!

rogers
09-15-2008, 08:13 PM
my sister told me she's without power on the westside of hamilton yesterday and today so far where's the pics any damage