PDA

View Full Version : WTF happens to people when red lights go out?

85_SS_302_Coupe
09-14-2008, 04:34 PM
Is everyone out there F'in retarded? Why can't people operate an intersection like a 4 way stop when the lights go out?

When you come to the end of the road you're on and you're turning onto another road, doesn't the other road going straight have the right of way? Some asshole cut me off by Beechmont Ford because i guess he thought coming off 275 gave him the right of way.

It's pretty damned pathetic really. RT 32 was backed up from 275 all the way to Batavia because people don't know how to work an intersection. It's sad that most of these people have been driving longer than i've been alive and they just turn into retards when red lights stop working. They're like SHEEP!

cstreu1026
09-14-2008, 04:44 PM
I was thinking the same thing. I saw two people blow through intersections at 60+ on 48 in Lebanon.

2-8-1
09-14-2008, 06:57 PM
When you come to the end of the road you're on and you're turning onto another road, doesn't the other road going straight have the right of way? Some asshole cut me off by Beechmont Ford because i guess he thought coming off 275 gave him the right of way.

The person on the right has the right of way.

satan jamez
09-14-2008, 07:03 PM
I just went through this same crap just to get a damage assesment. I couldn't even begin to count how many times people screwed up in the 10 square miles I covered.

50dan
09-14-2008, 08:36 PM
I really don't think people have a F-ing clue what to do when power is out at a 4 way lighted intersection. Some just blow right thru and some stop like you are supposed to. Maybe they need some damn lessons.

cstreu1026
09-14-2008, 08:41 PM
Its hard to decide whether or not to go or stop. Do you follow the rules or do you risk getting rear ended by some clueless idiot.

R825OH
09-14-2008, 08:57 PM
People are clueless I even saw some Cincy cops doing the wrong thing geez....

Rick93coupe
09-14-2008, 10:49 PM
I've always tried to give the guy to my right the right of way, but damned if people just don't have a clue. A lot of times the people going north and the people going south do ok, the people going east and the people going west do ok, but throw one guy coming from the west who wants to go north and people go into retard mode.

DeckerEnt
09-15-2008, 08:23 AM
I saw this all night last night. People need a refresher on driving. Now when I come to an intersection where the lights are out and no one is waiting to merge from the right or left, then hell yeah,blow right through. But when there are a few cars, then 4 way stop.
Keith

Stangman
09-15-2008, 08:26 AM
people are trained by society, and when society breaks down... POOF! All brain cells go out the window!!

I had to take about 4 different detours to work this morning... and when every time I'd come to a stoplight, it was every man for himself because people do NOT have a clue...

cobrajoe
09-15-2008, 08:48 AM
people are trained by society, and when society breaks down... POOF! All brain cells go out the window!!

I had to take about 4 different detours to work this morning... and when every time I'd come to a stoplight, it was every man for himself because people do NOT have a clue...

No shit! I was helping direct some traffic on 125 at Cecelia (Lines across 125) and we WAS letting traffic cut through Quail Creek to get over to Jenny Lind, when the officer I was helping had me hold up traffic to Quail because A tree fell and more lines across in there. Well this dumb ass from about 15 cars back starts coming up 125 the wrong damn direction thinking he's special I tell him we can't let traffic into Quail and he starts being a ass so I tell him go ahead and explain it to the officer and the officer told him to just turn around and head back to Batavia. The dumb ass didn't listen to him either. People are fucking clueless. We had cones set up across 125, with a cruisers lights going and they would driver right around it and then have to turn around. Like hey dumb ass's that's what the cones was across the road for.:flipoff:

Stangman
09-15-2008, 09:06 AM
Oh man! I got me a cinder block... get a couple more blocks and a 2x4 and I gots me an entertainment center!! I'll put it next to that orange road cone I found! :D

facemelter71
09-17-2008, 09:48 AM
Thats ok.I had a large tree block off my road right directly in front of my house.The tree took powerlines with it.Its the only road that connect's Pipin and Hamilton.My yard is in between my driveway and the neighbors to the west driveway.So on Sunday morning i get woke up by some fuckin toolbag driving through my front yard to get to the other side of the tree to drive to the next street over.So i get up and park my big ass black truck right in the middle of my yard.I here the guy fire up his brown rusted ass chevy from the next street over and starts headed my way.He comes up to my drive and gets out and starts movin the tree and lines and drives through.Me and my neighbor throw all the crap back out there so we can get service sooner.Well the guy wants to come back through and see's it all back out there and just floor's it and plow into this tree at about 40.HAHA,his truck didnt last very long.

cstreu1026
09-17-2008, 09:51 AM
and you didn't take pictures or get video of the resulting destruction? Shame on you. :D

facemelter71
09-17-2008, 10:07 AM
Batteries were dead in the camera,and phone was allmost dead.Cops came and took him off for child endangerment.He had his daughter in the front seat when he tried to jump the tree.

Stangman
09-17-2008, 11:19 AM
Some people just arent very bright :lol:

Scarlet03
09-17-2008, 01:16 PM
it's sad most of the people that you see flying pass you at a 4 way stop have small children in the car with them.... what are they thinking

plattner01
09-17-2008, 01:40 PM
hell even when the weather changes,ie rain snow , people turn into rertards.

07thorobrd
09-17-2008, 07:50 PM
well i think the actual law is if two cars come to an intersection at the same time the car to the left gets to go first weather they are turning or not. but it is pretty pathetic to watch people try to figer out a 4 way intersection.

thecollector
09-17-2008, 10:11 PM
4511.132 Operation at intersections with malfunctioning traffic control signal lights.
(A) The driver of a vehicle, streetcar, or trackless trolley who approaches an intersection where traffic is controlled by traffic control signals shall do all of the following, if the signal facing the driver either exhibits no colored lights or colored lighted arrows or exhibits a combination of such lights or arrows that fails to clearly indicate the assignment of right-of-way:

(1) Stop at a clearly marked stop line, but if none, stop before entering the crosswalk on the near side of the intersection, or, if none, stop before entering the intersection;

(2) Yield the right-of-way to all vehicles, streetcars, or trackless trolleys in the intersection or approaching on an intersecting road, if the vehicles, streetcars, or trackless trolleys will constitute an immediate hazard during the time the driver is moving across or within the intersection or junction of roadways;

(3) Exercise ordinary care while proceeding through the intersection.

(B) Except as otherwise provided in this division, whoever violates this section is guilty of a minor misdemeanor. If, within one year of the offense, the offender previously has been convicted of or pleaded guilty to one predicate motor vehicle or traffic offense, whoever violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the fourth degree. If, within one year of the offense, the offender previously has been convicted of two or more predicate motor vehicle or traffic offenses, whoever violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the third degree.

Effective Date: 01-01-2004

4511.14 Special pedestrian control signals.

I just figured someone should post up the official info from the state web site. Perhaps someone should post this up on a billboard around town.