PDA

View Full Version : Just a taste of how armageddon would be + gougers

beefcake
09-15-2008, 07:11 AM
ya know,

i've got a small little generator that'll run for about an hour on half gallon maybe 3/4 a gallon of gas,

wife forgot to fill the gas can at the beginning of the week, so i went out last night to fill it up and OH MY GOD

driving down 125, you'd think the world was coming to an end.

the lines at the gas stations, stations running out, my favorite was my wifes brother calling me and telling me the sunoco (which i drove by and couldn't get gas, even though the pumps appeared to be working) re opened their pumps last night at $4.99 per gallon, frikin asses

i got a crazy neighbor, she was coming over to my house waving her flash light around last night, me and my wife were like ?????

she wanted to use my freezer already having a hear attack.

i could see people going nuts killing over stuff like generators and stuff

it is a very very fine line we walk in this world, even in a place as advanced as the us comapared to other parts of the world,

very scary.....

btw, i just kicked back playing wii lol

Pops Fun
09-15-2008, 08:33 AM
If there is ever a real crisis some people will freak so bad it won't be funny. Pretty calm around here.

DeckerEnt
09-15-2008, 08:59 AM
Walmart was crazy last night. I went looking for an extra lantern and the camping aisle was nuts. People just running in and grabbing what ever they could and running out. It is just a power outage. It is not the end of the world.
Keith

cstreu1026
09-15-2008, 09:01 AM
Report those fuggers for price gouging. They can get in trouble for that. http://gaswatch.energy.gov/

Scarlet03
09-16-2008, 04:14 PM
i know if anything big was to ever happen around here we would be screwed

Mustard
09-16-2008, 08:53 PM
i know if anything big was to ever happen around here we would be screwed

It's for that reson I keep a few loaded weapons around the home. The first person that tries there hand at taking anything form me or my family is not walking away!

Walter
09-16-2008, 10:33 PM
ya know,

i've got a small little generator that'll run for about an hour on half gallon maybe 3/4 a gallon of gas,

wife forgot to fill the gas can at the beginning of the week, so i went out last night to fill it up and OH MY GOD

driving down 125, you'd think the world was coming to an end.

the lines at the gas stations, stations running out, my favorite was my wifes brother calling me and telling me the sunoco (which i drove by and couldn't get gas, even though the pumps appeared to be working) re opened their pumps last night at $4.99 per gallon, frikin asses

i got a crazy neighbor, she was coming over to my house waving her flash light around last night, me and my wife were like ?????

she wanted to use my freezer already having a hear attack.

i could see people going nuts killing over stuff like generators and stuff

it is a very very fine line we walk in this world, even in a place as advanced as the us comapared to other parts of the world,

very scary.....

btw, i just kicked back playing wii lol

I know what you are saying. Buy ammo now, that is all.

bascom123
09-17-2008, 10:40 AM
I have to say though that folks today are not equipped for "roughing it". how hard is it to have food already stocked in your pantry, throw a couple cases of bottles water in the basement, keep your car full of gas, and such. If the food begins to melt in your freezer, grill it up. If there is more then you can use, call me i will come down and eat it for ya.. lol..

I was in springfield friday night near the fairgrounds and there is a BP station at that exit, they had already jacked thier gas up to 3.99. So friggin stupid. And why do they do it, because we shrug it off and just pay it. So the gas stations do it as soon as they can to increase profits.

We live in a shitty time right now, this just amplifies it...

Pops Fun
09-17-2008, 05:53 PM
Remember those stations and don't go back!!! there was a shell that on 9-11 hiked there prices and I never went back, maybe some other people remembered too cause they closed!!

Maximus
09-17-2008, 05:57 PM
These folks down here by the Speed shop....WOW!! They were lined up all day to fill up at Speedway. Shit is back to normal now and those folks probably wasted more gas sitting there idiling for a few hours. Dumbass':lol: