PDA

View Full Version : Internet down

jaystang44
09-17-2008, 09:31 AM
ok this is not a stupid question....IM AT WORK ON OUR INTERNET so keep that in mind....

so anybody else have their internet down at home....or last was it down yesterday....im trying to figure out if our modem is done for or the internet is just down....I have a modarola modem and it has the four green lights that light up when its working...welll yesterday it would just stop at the second light and just flash...the second light is recieving...

anybody know what the problem could be? I unpluged everything and pluged it all back in and the same thing happened....so i dont get it

I ran a diagnosis from my desktop and it just said to unplug everthing and then after i did it said to contact the internet provider :confused::confused:

bascom123
09-17-2008, 10:27 AM
i would contact the cable company... they will be for sure able to help you.

wildstang89
09-17-2008, 01:18 PM
same thing here. They (RR) told me they were trying to fix it.

DeckerEnt
09-17-2008, 02:09 PM
I am sur ethere is a cable down somewhere. The bucket trucks are only fixing power. After they are done, then the cable and phone lines will get worked on. Priorities.
Keith

Holly
09-17-2008, 03:17 PM
After they are done, then the cable and phone lines will get worked on. Priorities.

Exactly! If I hear one more person bitch about not having cable or the internet, I am going to scream. BE HAPPY you have electric, if you do. :tard:

jaystang44
09-18-2008, 03:26 PM
[QUOTE=Holly;406578]Exactly! If I hear one more person bitch about not having cable or the internet, I am going to scream. BE HAPPY you have electric, if you do. :tard:[/QUOTE

I wasnt bitching i was just seeing if others had theirs down or if sometihng happened to my modem from the storm bc we have power.....one of our cable boxs got fried so I didnt know if our modem took the same hit or if everybodys internet was down......

I called yesterday and they told me it should be working so they are having someone come out sat.

Holly
09-18-2008, 04:46 PM
I wasnt bitching i was just seeing if others had theirs down or if sometihng happened to my modem from the storm bc we have power.....one of our cable boxs got fried so I didnt know if our modem took the same hit or if everybodys internet was down......

I called yesterday and they told me it should be working so they are having someone come out sat.

Internet withdrawal is a bad, bad thing. :lol: But I can think of worse things you could be addicted to!

I got home, my electric was on, I fired up the computer, internet was working, turned on the TV, and Direct TV was working. I feel VERY fortunate. I am feeling really bad for the people who still don't have electric though, which half my town is still out. :(

BigBadStang
09-18-2008, 08:11 PM
We just got power and land line phone service this AM...lost all the food (2 freezers worth), and just got internet access back about 1 hour ago.

DeckerEnt
09-19-2008, 12:25 AM
I Had internet. My wife plugged something into the power strip that the modem was plugged into and fried it. I am at the shop just finishing some stuff on the coupe. When I get home, I guess I will have to go to bed and not stay up in chat all night. LOL
Keith