PDA

View Full Version : which clutch

rogers
09-17-2008, 08:22 PM
well its been along time coming when my throwout bearing went bad ford refused to replace the clutch they said that it was worn prematurely and that they would replace while the trans was out but i had to pay for it (money was way too tight then :doh: and then they would warranty it for 12k but only a stock replacement, not even a upgraded motorsport) but it may be okay for another 10 to 20k well its been 18k and the pedal is on the floor to get it to disengage so i think i need a new one :lol:

so what kind of clutch do you recommend i'm thinking of a spec stage3 the warranty is up in 5k and i'm going to mod the fugg out of it then but i won't replace the heart till after the first of the year but i want the new one to hold up to the new engine

ideas good or bad

cstreu1026
09-17-2008, 09:13 PM
What are your plan for it? I have a stag 3 in my car and its been OK. I think a 2 or 2+ would have been a better choice but hindsight is 20/20.

rogers
09-17-2008, 10:32 PM
a big bore 5.0 2v stroker? but leaning toward a 5.4 stroker 2v a little something for the ls2 crowd :lol: