PDA

View Full Version : I got lucky!

BIGRED Z
09-18-2008, 06:40 AM
Got pulled over on the way to work in OH. (I live in KY). I work in a nasty germ ridden hospital so I do not take my purse to work.

Lasered at 73 mph in a 55
no drivers license on me
concealed carry in the car
no concelaed carry license on me
only ID I had was my work badge with pic, and verteran status (ex navy)

I think the thing that saved me was that I announced first thing that I have a CCW and had the weapon in the console, probably. He says, "What do you mean, probably?" I explained that the hubby put it in over the weekend what with the blackout/looters and all and I wasn't sure if he had removed it. He laughs and says, "Oh yeah" No search, just laughs with me.

Then explains how I could go to jail being pulled over out of state with no license, I indicate I understood and was glad he was able to locate me in the computer to verify I was indeed licensed.

So that was my lucky stop with a cool cop.

dedpedal
09-18-2008, 06:57 AM
Ill thank my stars that I havent been pulled over in a long time. I usualy dont have my ID on me either.

99Slobra
09-18-2008, 08:06 AM
Lucky as hell.

bobtsgt
09-18-2008, 08:21 AM
very lucky. being nice to the cops do pay off sometimes.

DeckerEnt
09-18-2008, 08:31 AM
I haven't been pulled over since the "just making sure you are alright" thing a few months ago. Haven't gotten a ticket in Years, I mean before children BC. It does pay to be nice to the cop. Always speak clearly, have license ready and insurance card available. If it is at night, I would turn the interior lights on too. Anything to put the cop at ease.
Keith

MsBlkramair
09-18-2008, 11:09 AM
funny! I was pulled over Saturday morning (on my way to graduation!) for following to close! We were going downhill, when the guy in front of me sees the cop and hits the brakes. I slowed, but didn't want to mash the brakes on a hill.......the cop follows me for 2 miles and pulls me over. I asked him not to ticket me and he gave me a warning and said congratulations. lol

cobrajoe
09-18-2008, 12:42 PM
Yeah cops can be cool sometimes I guess. I got pulled over the other night in A-Town after I drove all the way from Beechmont Whitey's with just my driving lights on..... Forgot I turned my headlights off. He just let me go. But I thought that's why they are called driving lights????? They are 55w just like the main's? Oh well no tickey, no worry

BigBadStang
09-18-2008, 08:16 PM
Safe to say, you've used up all your "good luck" credits...Between the discount van, and not getting cuffed and stuffed. Better play it cool and safe for a while!

BIGRED Z
09-19-2008, 02:08 AM
Safe to say, you've used up all your "good luck" credits...Between the discount van, and not getting cuffed and stuffed. Better play it cool and safe for a while!

We have good luck credits? :lol: :eek: But yeah, good point!