PDA

View Full Version : T-5 wires?

DeckerEnt
09-23-2008, 11:56 PM
I am ready to install my T-5 and the bell housing is now on the motor. I noticed 2 wires coming out of the top of the trans and run in between the housing and trans. They are broken. What do they do, where are they supposed to be hooked too, and do I need to fix it before installing?
Keith

ewalt
09-24-2008, 12:20 AM
I think you're talking about neutral safety. If the switch on the very top, driver side.....

That's about all I can tell you.....

DeckerEnt
09-24-2008, 12:32 AM
Yep. Right on top, driver's side, right at the bell housing. I thought the neutral/safty switch was on the side.
Keith

PaulFiveOh
09-24-2008, 12:55 AM
Are you saying the 2 wires are coming out of the transmission that you are getting rid of?

Or the T5 that is going in.

Reason I ask is because I don't think manuals have neutral safety switches.

rmracing
09-24-2008, 12:55 AM
Some t5s have those and some dont so I wouldnt worry about using it , I just cut the wires off on mine , 1 less thing to mess with when pulling trannys in and out .

Stangman
09-24-2008, 08:38 AM
Yep, that is neutral safety. Like everyone said, some cars have them and some dont. Not sure why, I think it was a year change thing. It is unnecessary since you already have a clutch safety switch. The wiring on the side of the trans is your reverse light sensor.

DeckerEnt
09-24-2008, 12:35 PM
I see. Thanks guys. Trans is going in as soon as I am done with work. Then the real work begins.
Keith