PDA

View Full Version : More T-5 questions.

DeckerEnt
09-25-2008, 12:49 AM
I dropped the back of the motor, used a prybar and a block of wood to depress clutch pedal, and I got the trans bolted to the motor. Now here is where I am running into a problem. The shifter is hitting the body. This was an auto car. Do I really need to cut the floor out around the shifter?? I see that the trans mount is kind of tall, does anyone make a shorter one or am I stuck using this one? Tell you what, I drank a 16 oz AMP energy drink and I am flying right now. So much energy...LOLOLOLOLOL
Keith

RACEME
09-25-2008, 05:48 AM
I think I had to cut a few older foxes to make the 5 speed fit. Measure how tall your mount is, and I will check mine tonight.

DeckerEnt
09-25-2008, 07:30 AM
The mount is exactly the same dimentions as the one that came out of the pile.I think I only have to cut a half inch or so on the front side of shifter. Then it will fit.
Keith

Stangman
09-25-2008, 08:48 AM
That sounds right, I've seen that much cut before on Auto cars.

How'd that energy drink work out for ya Keith? Stay up til like 5? :lol:

facemelter71
09-25-2008, 02:31 PM
I had to cut the back of my floor to get my tremec in.Then i just bent it back once it was in there.There is some floor modifications you have to make to get it to fit.Dont worry,and be gentle with the saw.Your besels and trim will cover the hole.

DeckerEnt
09-25-2008, 06:06 PM
I have a full black center console so no worries on cutting. Going to do that tonight and get the trans in. Oh, does anyone have a spare bell housing laying around> The bolt holes are stripped in mine. No wonder they were just finger tight.
Keith

dedpedal
09-25-2008, 09:12 PM
Thats probably why the 5spd cars have the extra hump that the shifter boot mounts too. Add it to your list of junkyard parts.