PDA

View Full Version : Loud obnoxious feedback from speakers

Stangman
09-25-2008, 02:17 PM
Started this morning, didnt particularly notice it until I was almost to work. My left door speakers in my '94 are giving me som very strange feedback... And I believe it only does it with the engine running. The left side is more pronounced, but I believe all the speakers are giving some sort of feedback.

Would that be spark plug wire issues? The MSD wires I bought for the car were direct fit for '94-'95 cars... but were almost tooo short, and cylinder number 1's wire is behind the alternator. I havent had time to check it out yet since I am working but It's bugging the crap outta me. Anyone have any suggestions on what to check?

Thanks!

facemelter71
09-26-2008, 08:32 AM
Ive got some taylormade wires on mine,and the MSD box in on the passenger floor with the main wiring to the box is behind the stereo.I get feed back from the MSD, ONLY when the radio is on.When i put a cd in it doesnt do it.Try putting in a cd and see if it still does it.

Stangman
09-26-2008, 08:44 AM
I listen to nothing but CD's and it still does it.

facemelter71
09-26-2008, 08:59 AM
I doubt its your ignition wires.

PaulFiveOh
09-26-2008, 09:00 AM
Attach a ground strap to the radio chassis to a good ground. Also, you might look in to putting a choke in line with the +12v and +12v constant wires going to the radio harness.

Stangman
09-26-2008, 09:02 AM
Yeah I didnt think of that. You are right, that only works with the radio signal derrrr.... It will not make the feedback when the car is off though. I must have a bad ground or something behind the stereo.. still pisses me off. everything is going bad at once on this thing

Stangman
09-26-2008, 09:03 AM
Attach a ground strap to the radio chassis to a good ground. Also, you might look in to putting a choke in line with the +12v and +12v constant wires going to the radio harness.

What exactly is a 'choke' ?

PaulFiveOh
09-26-2008, 11:56 AM
It is an electronic noise filter. But remember that a choke will only mask the symptoms of the problem instead of fixing it.

Stangman
09-26-2008, 12:19 PM
I'd rather fix it. I had a noise filter on my Mustang II when I put a tape deck in it... still didnt fix the prob...

I'm gonna pull out my stereo on lunch, It did this to me before, and it turned out to be a loose wire... thought I fixed em all... maybe not :confused:

Damn car is driving me nuts! But with 215,xxx miles, as long as it keeps driving me I cant complaign too much!

Stangman
09-26-2008, 04:52 PM
Ha... I start it up and go to lunch... it makes the noise...

I come back from lunch, shut the car off, start it back up... no noise... I pulled out the stereo, and inspected wiring.. nothing...I unplugged the factory amps... wow the stereo sounded like SHIT... Plugged em back in... no noise.

We'll see if it does it on my way home... Maybe my Mach460 amps are getting ready to bite it?