PDA

View Full Version : thieves.....

Mavowar
09-25-2008, 08:44 PM
I got lucky.....

I have a nice semi-stainless Grill I bought early this year. It is on my front porch as the back porch is small. So everybody can see it. I was wise enough to put a brinks cable and one of those round locks....

They tried cutting the cable in two spots but did not succeed....:flipoff:

My wife thought I was paranoid as we live in nice area(Wallace Woods) Ky
I told her it aint that nice up a few blocks.....:lol:

Anyway I hate thieves and I am typically on the losing end......

so thank god for looking at for me for once:rolleyes:

R825OH
09-25-2008, 08:55 PM
Good for You !! I should do that to mine its on the back porch...Hmm

'92Stang
09-25-2008, 09:32 PM
glad they didn't get your grill.... Don't move to Amelia:mad::mad:.. These fuggers done got me for a dirtbike, quad, and bags of empty beercans. Guess there lot rent was overdue at the trailer park!!

Pops Fun
09-25-2008, 11:02 PM
It's all over had the spare change stole out of tmy truck Sunday night..:mad:

Mavowar
09-26-2008, 01:43 AM
I hate to say it but with the ways things are going....
Thieves will become thicker than flies around shit.....

i have 4 locks on my garage door/an alarm

i am buying cameras this weekend....

Mavowar
09-26-2008, 01:44 AM
glad they didn't get your grill.... Don't move to Amelia:mad::mad:.. These fuggers done got me for a dirtbike, quad, and bags of empty beercans. Guess there lot rent was overdue at the trailer park!!

that is sad.....what kinda bike and atv....

I ride a lot and ya never know I might come across them.....

Waffles
09-26-2008, 06:53 AM
I hate to say it but with the ways things are going....
Thieves will become thicker than flies around shit.....

i have 4 locks on my garage door/an alarm

i am buying cameras this weekend....

I put night vision cameras up with a motion sensing DVR after my compressor and air tools got stolen. I hate thieves.

dedpedal
09-26-2008, 06:58 AM
I just hope to catch them in the act.

bobtsgt
09-26-2008, 08:42 AM
good thing you put that cable on. someone got into our trailer box and stole all of our straps. Then got in our jet ski box and stole our life jackets. Some people need to be beaten.

Steves LX
09-26-2008, 09:32 AM
I hate thieves too. I need to put some cameras up at our house. I dont own a gun but I do have a panitball gun and a baseball bat. Sounds harmless I know but if the racoon I had to take care of last year was still alve you could ask him and he would tell you different. I had no choice he was fixing to kill my dog.

Stangman
09-26-2008, 09:35 AM
I hate thieves too. I need to put some cameras up at our house. I dont own a gun but I do have a panitball gun and a baseball bat. Sounds harmless I know but if the racoon I had to take care of last year was still alve you could ask him and he would tell you different. I had no choice he was fixing to kill my dog.

I could see you with like a .22 Derringer, like "bitch get off my property!" :lol:

BIGRED Z
09-28-2008, 06:50 AM
Yeah, we're interviewing alarm companies this week. Brinks and a local NKY co came Friday. We have a couple more coming this week.

DeckerEnt
09-28-2008, 09:06 AM
Security lights with motion sensors are always a good idea. Freaks some people out. It acts like an auto target illumination too!!!:bigthumb
Keith

BigBadStang
09-28-2008, 09:18 PM
...he was fixing to kill my dog.

(not laughing about your dog being stalked by a 'coon but)...only in Southern Ohio do you hear someone use the term "fixing"! :lol: :lol:You go 100 miles North and say that, and people look at you like you have 9 heads!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mustang8998
09-30-2008, 10:25 PM
Go 100 miles south, most everyone says "fixin'".

88ssp
10-01-2008, 07:28 AM
I don't live in the cincy area by any means, but I was at a seminar near cleveland and someone broke into my car to get half of an 8 oz styrofoam cup of change. Couldn't have been more than a dollar in change. While they were in there, they opened my center console and stole my wife's Tom Tom. They didn't touch the drill in the back, though--weird.

Who breaks into a car for change?

Stangman
10-01-2008, 08:35 AM
"Jake, Look! There's got to be atleast 7 dollars worth of change here!" --Blues Brothers

BigBadStang
10-01-2008, 11:59 AM
I don't live in the cincy area by any means, but I was at a seminar near cleveland and someone broke into my car to get half of an 8 oz styrofoam cup of change. Couldn't have been more than a dollar in change. While they were in there, they opened my center console and stole my wife's Tom Tom. They didn't touch the drill in the back, though--weird.

Have you ever noticed how thieves never steal hand tools? Sure, they steal power tools, but shovels, rakes, picks etc can lie around for weeks and no one swipes them.
Could it be that hand tools require effort to use, and most thieves are lazy pieces of shit?
:lol:

mustang8998
10-01-2008, 08:16 PM

Kids.

Maggie's nursing bag was taken from her car, right in our driveway. It wasn't locked. They got her stethoscope and blood pressure cuff, but more importantly, her mother's Rolex.

About three months later, I thought there might be someone in the driveway (at night, motion sensing lights came on), so I go have a look. There were two kids, standing out by the street, so I watch them. They walk across the street and start checking car doors. One found an unlocked car, about two houses down and I was able to grab him, while he was still in the car. He managed to get away (his jacket came off), but he ended up losing the jacket (nice parka), a pair of Nikes, Bic lighter and a bag of chips.

Since then, it's been real quite. They didn't know where I came from, so I think they know their being watched, but can't figure out who's watching.

fastnotch2002
10-02-2008, 08:15 PM
crazy what people will steal....fuggin theifs should be shot!

INSANEBA
10-03-2008, 02:14 AM
(not laughing about your dog being stalked by a 'coon but)...only in Southern Ohio do you hear someone use the term "fixing"! :lol: :lol:You go 100 miles North and say that, and people look at you like you have 9 heads!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I say "fixin" all the time, and I live in northwest Ohio lol. As for the theives, they usually leave me alone, because I'm the guy they know will hunt them down, walk in their house and beat the sh!t out of them, and their parents if they dont like it lol. Beleive me, this place is small enough to figure out who did what, and who you dont mess with lol. Call me lucky though, everybody else has gotten hit, but I'm still ok...:bigthumb

jester
10-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Had a buddy (lived in a trailer park on a lake). He got me one night on the phone...........
Lance: "I'm repairin' to go fishin tonight"
Me: "What?!"
Lance: "I said I'm repairin' to go fishin tonight"
Me: "You mean PREPARING to go fishin?!"
Lance: NO! I'm REPAIRIN' to go fishin!"
Lance: (I'm FIXIN to!)
hehe

Back to the theives..... My neighbors (5) had their trucks gone through about a year ago. One neighbor had a laptop in the back seat and a radar detector turned ON in the window. They only took all the change in the center consoles. My truck was spared either because I'm the only one who LOCKS my doors, or because of the big black dog lurking around :evilgrin:

If I ever catch one think I'll remove some fingers......

BigBadStang
10-03-2008, 03:06 PM
I've always wondered what in the hell possesses people to leave high dollar shit (laptops, cell phones, GPS/Nav systems) in their cars overnight?
This has ALWAYS baffled me.
I know in a perfect world, you should be able to leave what ever the hell you want in your car...but our world is far from perfect...lol...especially with the recent discovery of a Crack shortage!!!

If I ever catch some douche bag getting into my shit, they have an unpleasant surprise coming! :evilgrin:

PONYGRL
10-03-2008, 03:34 PM
Haha yeah agreed. My windows are tinted BLACK and its nearly impossible to see inside unless you're lookin through the windshield- but I try to never leave anything that obvious in the front except I always leave my radar detector up, and usually take the gps down. I leave it up if it's just in my driveway cuz I live in a really nice neighborhood w/old ppl and they are all nosey... I can leave whatever there with my windows down and not worry too much. If a single random car drives down the street, they know about it since they have nothing better to do. So I guess it's a good thing in a way.

Scarlet03
10-03-2008, 03:55 PM
With the weather changing it's nice to sleep with the windows open, but now i don't want to i'm to worried about it. I hate stupid people, they ruin everything

Stangman
10-03-2008, 03:57 PM
I live in a private community... Never had anyone really mess with any of my stuff. Although I had a stereo amp come up missing once about 2 years ago, nothing since then.

11PSIVert
10-05-2008, 02:12 AM
I guess I have a pretty good deterrent system. Pistol target in the back yard, which has multiple hits visible on it, along with empty casings spread along my driveway and front porch...

For some reason, no politicians are campaigning at my house now either.