PDA

View Full Version : 4 valve Lincoln motor

WARMACHINE
09-26-2008, 05:16 PM
I have a freind who is always getting into something and he has a newer lincoln he is parting out. He's no ford guy,so he says the motor means nothing to him. But I have not really kept up on the 4 valve motors. Is this the same as the Cobra motor? What kind of potential dose this motor have?
Thanks for your help.

rogers
09-26-2008, 06:14 PM
LOTS!!!

Mavowar
09-26-2008, 07:10 PM
Depending on the year it should have a teksid block....
Is it a Mark 8 or continental?

If it is the frt wheel drive the block is even stronger but needs modified to fit a rwd chassis...IMO not worth the hassel but you could always ebay it.....

It has a cast crank and hypertuectic pistons..... To be sure of that it will have 6 bolts holding 0n the flywheel.....The cobra with steel cranks forged pistons had 8 bolts....

It really depends on what you want to do with it.....

Would make a good candidate for spare parts or a performance build stroker...

or a good swap motor for cruiser!!!!!!!!

It has the early heads which do not have any carb intakes available....
You would have to switch to the tumble port heads in which case you could use a sullivan intake or adapter plates from KarKraft

MSD has a new ignition that works with only cam/crank sensor and map sensor....and is tunable via a laptop. Must use coil on plug

http://www.karkraft.com/carb_modular_parts.htm

the link above is the adapter plates to use 302 intakes on mod motors!!!

Good luck

also if he is giving it away I would take it no sweat!!!

Mavowar
09-26-2008, 07:13 PM
it amazes me how cheap these can be had!!!!
200.00 to 500.00

I thought about swapping sohc heads on and an edelbrock carb intake to build a junk yard Jewel for a focus......I dream a lot though:D

WARMACHINE
09-26-2008, 08:21 PM
It's a mark 8. And thanks for all the info.guys

rogers
09-26-2008, 10:10 PM
just check out jimssvt you'll see how good a older 4v b-head can be