PDA

View Full Version : I hate building cars!!!!!!

Orodi
09-27-2008, 11:09 AM
Ok so I measured my pushrod length check my work double checked......or my pushrods TOO SHORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they sent me the right length but when I put them in and when to start the motor it runs like crap........why is it everytime I do this something weird happens? If someone can help that would be awesome.....I think from now on I am going to save the money to build a car then buy a gun and shoot myself in the foot.

93hulk
09-27-2008, 07:22 PM
Ok so I measured my pushrod length check my work double checked......or my pushrods TOO SHORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they sent me the right length but when I put them in and when to start the motor it runs like crap........why is it everytime I do this something weird happens? If someone can help that would be awesome.....I think from now on I am going to save the money to build a car then buy a gun and shoot myself in the foot.

Whats your combo? Did you check your length with a push rod length checker?

Orodi
09-27-2008, 11:48 PM
Yeah I used a tool.....i got the same measurement 4 times now but when I put the pushrods in the motor runs like shit....I know it is the pushrods because everything else it right....so hopefully I can go buy some cheap push rods from like autozone or something get a couple different lengths and find out the right one

TurboNG
09-28-2008, 07:41 AM
What makes you think its the push rods? Maybe it's another problem!

Orodi
09-28-2008, 03:04 PM
The car ran fine with a longer set but there was a tapping sound now i have the "Right length" pushrod in there and the car runs like hell....timing and everything is perfect