PDA

View Full Version : Pumpkin Run!

Stangman
10-04-2008, 11:27 PM
I went today, and It was a really good time. Loads of neat stuff to look at and loads of neat cars to see.

Lotsa waay cool old speed parts for sale in the swap meet area...

In fact, I found a set of Crane Cams/Ford Motorsport '93 Cobra 1.72 Roller Rockers.... picked em up for $40!!!!

If you havent gone yet... GO!:bigthumb

chris91
10-05-2008, 12:12 AM
Got rear ended in the old ladies Catera by some dumb fuck in a Camaro when I was sitting in front of Gill and Mikes with my turn signal on waiting to park. I was pretty pissed off about that. Moron tried telling me he had it in Neutral when he pushed her car about 2 feet after initial contact. Then he tried telling me "well the car has four wheel disc brakes but its hard to stop 800hp.":rolleyes: I was sooo close to bringing the Stang too. Im VERY glad I didnt.

Other than that, there were some very nice cars there and I had a good time. Buddy of mine's dad has his 69 Z28 that I detailed up there too so I had to check that out. This is the only good pic I got of it.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d31/blown94ls/Stang%20For%20Sale/dogs001.jpg

12seclx
10-05-2008, 12:55 AM
Sounds like a cool little event...

Bluecrew07
10-05-2008, 01:14 AM
Sounds like a cool little event...
have you never been?

Stangman
10-05-2008, 01:18 AM
That's Jack's dad's car isn't it Chris? Pretty sharp!

How bad is the Cadillac?

chris91
10-05-2008, 02:10 AM
Yeah thats the one. It's up for sale too.

The Caddy only suffered some paint damage and a small crease in the bumper. Got really lucky it didnt do much more.

Rob
10-06-2008, 09:41 AM
The Pumkin Run was a great time once again. The only exception being the retards driving their clapped out rust bucket open header cars around stiring up dust.

Stangman
10-06-2008, 10:27 AM
The Pumkin Run was a great time once again. The only exception being the retards driving their clapped out rust bucket open header cars around stiring up dust.

That's the best part! :D

Rob
10-06-2008, 12:48 PM
That's the best part! :D

:lol:

Dont get me wrong i love most of them, I just hate stupid people.
Most of the cars over there that are running around with open headers couldn't click of a 13 sec pass!

Stangman
10-06-2008, 01:36 PM
:lol:

Dont get me wrong i love most of them, I just hate stupid people.
Most of the cars over there that are running around with open headers couldn't click of a 13 sec pass!

Yeah, they drive around just cuz they are too lazy to walk... and yeah, they arent fast... atleast some of them... hell some of them didnt even run!

But I'd def. own one.... :drool:

Rob
10-06-2008, 04:31 PM
I have come to the conclusion that none of those guys own a timing light :lol:

Stangman
10-07-2008, 08:15 AM
well, If you look at how their cars are built I'd think they had even less! :lol:

1992MustangDW
10-07-2008, 11:10 AM
anyone see the yellow 64 elcamino* running around with open headers. didnt sound to good, but for some reason I have always liked them.

Steves LX
10-07-2008, 11:34 AM
well, If you look at how their cars are built I'd think they had even less! :lol:

Dont forget about the gear drive either. I think everone of those cars over there has a damn gear drive on it. I guess that's the recipe for a badass muscle car. A 350SBC, big rear tires, open headers, and a gear drive.

hchays
10-07-2008, 03:15 PM
Dont forget about the gear drive either. I think everone of those cars over there has a damn gear drive on it. I guess that's the recipe for a badass muscle car. A 350SBC, big rear tires, open headers, and a gear drive.

You just gave away the secret to building a 69 and up Nova... The more tire hanging out of the quarter the faster it goes.

zlou363lx
10-07-2008, 03:25 PM
there is nothing wrong with a gear drive...lol

i went with my pops on saturday in his '70. it was fun. i saw aj and rachel when we first got there, but didn't get a chance to see them again. there were some sweet cars there. anyone see the black fairlane thunderbolt in the fastiques section? sweet car.

Blacksunshine
10-08-2008, 02:10 PM
I missed it this year and last ..lol Oh well maybe next year !?

Lt. Dangle
10-09-2008, 03:37 AM
wow.

Some Notables from this year:

My buddy pope's 2 Tri-Five Chevy Gassers, right by the corner in the front by the barn. 55 and 56 gassers, one with a 468/4speed, the other a 327/4spd. VERY NEAT.

The yellow 64-66 El-Camino, that thing sounded NASTY, I don't like those Crucks, but that thing was sick.

The Red Willy's Gasser, open headers sounded fucking nasty.

The guy who looked as if he had pulled this ex-drag car 64-65 Chevelle fresh out of the barn last week, and causing a traffic jam, due to the car being timed so ridiculous that the car had no vacuum available to make the brakes function, so he timed the car right there lol. Sounded retarded before the timing change, sounded ok afterwards.

When I was still in High school, this weekend was all I thought about from the time that I would start after summer was over.

All in all, a good time.