PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Rock Springs, WY

Carl
10-06-2008, 09:06 PM
Hey all, just figured I would jump on here and say hey! After 4 days and 1,500 mi, this trip is almost over.

First day was to Scott AFB, IL...saw a good friend I was deployed with.

Second day to Overland Park, KS...got to see Kyle(FMGT1999) and brought some goetta. Had an AWESOME meal at Jack Stack, you Pinks peeps know what I'm talkin about!! Got to eat some goetta in the morning before getting on the road...and I left my glasses there like a :tard:.

Third day to North Platte, NE...nothing to see there at all...BORING!

Fourth day to Rock Springs, WY...whole crap load of construction here. This place is beautiful though, along with the drive through WY. I remember why I liked it in SD when I was stationed there.

Tomorrow will take me by SLC and up to Mt Home, ID....more to come.:chicken:

Pops Fun
10-06-2008, 09:20 PM
glad to hear your trip is movin along....

Holly
10-06-2008, 09:23 PM
Had an AWESOME meal at Jack Stack, you Pinks peeps know what I'm talkin about!!

Mmmmmm...... good stuff. I think that is where I bought Matt Johnson his victory meal at. :lol:

Glad you made it out there safe and sound Carl. I'm gonna try to meet up with your wife for lunch before she heads out there to join you. ;)

PonymanfiveO
10-06-2008, 09:45 PM
wow dude. Send me some taters when you make it to Idaho. :D

DeckerEnt
10-06-2008, 10:04 PM
Thanks for checking in Carl. How's the coupe holding out? Hope all is well.
Keith

12seclx
10-06-2008, 11:58 PM
Nebraska sure is boring... I remember 3 years ago, almost to the day, I drove from Portland, OR to Indianapolis, IN and I thought Nebraska would never end... and in Wyoming, if you were talkin' on a cell phone, they were lookin' at you like you were a martian... :lol:

I thought Utah and Wyoming were beautiful as well...

Hope all is well...

FMGT1999
10-07-2008, 03:06 AM
Glad to hear your almost there bro. Let me know where to send your glasses. Holly your correct it was the same place, we feasted there once again... Mmmm good stuff. I think Carl had the larges onion rings I have ever seen must have been 4 inchs across and like 3 inchs tall. Carl has a plate full of BBQ meat. :D

Any ways thanks for bring me out some goetta, I can breath again... :lol:

Thanks Carl and everyone else, Kevin and Holly and the rest of my Dedpedal & SBZ'ers family members, I will try to get back out that way ASAP.

Kyle

Carl
10-07-2008, 09:16 PM
I am now in Mt Home, ID. It's freakin beautiful up here!!! Windy..but still nice. More to come as I put in the days and nights.

Greg Seibert
10-07-2008, 09:41 PM
Glad you made it safe Carl.
ID is beauitiful for sure,and I'm bet you're gonna love it up there.
In case you never heard, your old neighbor Tippie Reis pasted away.
Do you need some more Chili?

R825OH
10-08-2008, 10:22 AM
Glad you made it Carl. Good meeting you at the cruise!

Stangman
10-08-2008, 10:33 AM
Carl moved away so I couldn't get the lifters out of his trunk! :lol:

By the way... we need pics of the journey!!!