PDA

View Full Version : ford on the stock market

plattner01
10-10-2008, 11:52 PM
Got bored and started to look at the stock market and decided to look at ford motor company and was i shocked $1.99:eek::tard: at close today. I'm wondering if we will see the 2010 mustang model . :eek:

DeckerEnt
10-11-2008, 01:53 AM
That is a deal!!! Buy a few shares and when all this bullshit with he stock market and mortgage stuff blows over, take some profit!! This is the time to invest in the market. Everything is on sale!!!!
Keith

Pops Fun
10-11-2008, 07:34 AM
I e-mailed my advisor and said find something to buy, I suggested GE, PG and UNH (united health ), he said maybe some index funds... Oh well what do I know. :lol: Ford will be around the gov't/us will help them if necessary.

HARCracing
10-11-2008, 08:13 AM
GE definatley. When a multi billonair Warren Buffett (no relation to Jimmy) buys up billions of dollars worth of their stock you may want to follow suit. Ford and GM scare me a little still. Who's to say that they won't go bankrupt just so they can start over. Then all the stock that you just bought for $1.99or less are worthless???:confused:

Gearhead
10-11-2008, 09:26 AM
I remember when Ford's stock was in the $40 range back in the late 90's. Wish I would've sold most of it back then !! There has been some talk of GM and Chrysler merging. GM seems to not want to file for bankruptcy....

PaulFiveOh
10-11-2008, 09:46 AM
Ford's stock will not rebound for years and years. Not a smart buy

IWRBB
10-11-2008, 11:37 AM
Definatley not a smart buy if they go bankrupt. Who knows though.

Ford isn't the only bargain, everything is cheap now. All the auto companies are way down.

BigBadStang
10-11-2008, 02:47 PM
GM was trading at $5 a share last I saw.
Everything is down right now.
If a guy has some cash stashed away, now is the time to get some killer deals!

7upStang
10-12-2008, 06:24 PM
I boought some General Electric and Fifth Third on Thursday. They were already above what I purchased them at on Friday. The thing to remember is that you do not take a profit or loss until yu sell the stock. Ford is mighty tempting at that price. The only way you could lose is if they declare bankruptcy. It all depends on your time frame for your investment. Mine is a long term strategy. I do not intend on flipping the stocks any time soon.

bascom123
10-13-2008, 12:30 PM
gm and Chrysler are in negotiations..