PDA

View Full Version : Street Stick Pro Tree 2009???

nskaats
10-12-2008, 01:01 PM
Last night was a shining example of why I don't care for the sportsman tree. The number of red lights last night in street stick was unreal! I didn't pay too much attention to the lights in QS, but I'm sure they had their share too.

Between time runs and eliminations there had to be 30+ red lights yesterday. I can't wait to hear what the official count was. At our last Pro Tree race there were 3 red lights the entire day and some seriously bad ass racing. Source (http://www.umtrnorth.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1023&whichpage=3)

IMHO the sportsman tree is boring for me as a racer and a spectator. Lets lose the training wheels and do some real racing next season!

UMTR Street Stick guys weigh in. I want to hear your thoughts on the subject now that the 2008 season is over. Do you like it? Why or who not?

331TwistedWedge
10-12-2008, 01:03 PM
Pro Tree ... this is coming from a guy whos only seen it one time ...

kennebellcobra
10-12-2008, 01:06 PM
:wstupid: PRO TREEEEEEEEEEE

MADMOD
10-12-2008, 01:07 PM
Pro tree in the house

nskaats
10-12-2008, 01:07 PM
Oh yeah, and for the guys that wont run a pro tree, give us the real reason this time. No more "my car isn't set up for it" shit, we all know better than that. If I can cut a light on a pro tree with a stick car that runs 2.0-2.1 60' times, anyone can.

Kwik92GT
10-12-2008, 01:32 PM
Oh yeah, and for the guys that wont run a pro tree, give us the real reason this time. No more "my car isn't set up for it" shit, we all know better than that. If I can cut a light on a pro tree with a stick car that runs 2.0-2.1 60' times, anyone can.

If you are running a .400 pro tree switching to the .500 pro tree can help the guys saying they can't run on the .400. It works for Super Street in NHRA and I believe NMRA uses it in O/C too. Might be the thing that gets the guys "on the fence" on the issue to go for it.

nskaats
10-12-2008, 01:36 PM
We run a .500 tree.

03silversnake
10-12-2008, 01:47 PM
Last night was a shining example of why I don't care for the sportsman tree. The number of red lights last night in street stick was unreal! I didn't pay too much attention to the lights in QS, but I'm sure they had their share too.

Between time runs and eliminations there had to be 30+ red lights yesterday. I can't wait to hear what the official count was. At our last Pro Tree race there were 3 red lights the entire day and some seriously bad ass racing. Source (http://www.umtrnorth.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1023&whichpage=3)

IMHO the sportsman tree is boring for me as a racer and a spectator. Lets lose the training wheels and do some real racing next season!

UMTR Street Stick guys weigh in. I want to hear your thoughts on the subject now that the 2008 season is over. Do you like it? Why or who not?
amen to the pro tree

PonymanfiveO
10-12-2008, 01:56 PM
Im not going to vote on this because I dont plan on running a full season next year as I did this year.

I can say that I will only come back to race at the pro-tree races if they are scheduled next season. Sportsman tree bracket racing is for the birds. Ive had enough of it this year.

I had a great time racing with you all this year. Thanks to the UMTR, all the sponsors and my fellow racers!!!

nskaats
10-12-2008, 01:58 PM
Matt, ya might as well vote if you're only showing up for the pro tree races. That counts. I only plan to run pro tree races next year as well. I told Tina that when she surveyed the drivers at the last race. I have a pretty busy schedule and the pro tree events are the only ones that really get me excited enough that I'll clear an entire day for them.

stkshkr
10-12-2008, 02:00 PM
Pro tree all the way.

Mista Bone
10-12-2008, 02:40 PM
I know first round of QS, the first 4 races, 3 red lights out of the SAME lane, tower.

I was beginning to worry the tree might be messed up, but all was fine after that.

I've ran on a .400 Pro Tree (even in the Honda) and really prefered it, .500 pro tree might take a little getting used to......but I wanna try it :)

RyanR
10-12-2008, 03:52 PM
Pro tree

RIXXX93GT
10-12-2008, 07:32 PM
Pro Trees forever!

Rich
10-12-2008, 07:53 PM
I agree...Pro tree!

outlaw85
10-12-2008, 11:14 PM
100% pro tree here! I am with Matt on this one also!

12seclx
10-12-2008, 11:28 PM
Im not going to vote on this because I dont plan on running a full season next year as I did this year.

I can say that I will only come back to race at the pro-tree races if they are scheduled next season. Sportsman tree bracket racing is for the birds. Ive had enough of it this year.

I had a great time racing with you all this year. Thanks to the UMTR, all the sponsors and my fellow racers!!!

I really like the Pro-Tree...

It adds a certain suspense to the action.....
I think it makes it more exciting to the spectators as well...

After this weekend though, I've been thinkin'....
Maybe I'll play their little game of running this "grandpa" sportsman
garbage... My lights weren't bad this weekend so maybe if I get
some more practice, I'll be quick enough to put these "sportsman"
supporters on the trailer in the 1st round!!!!!!! :bigthumb......:D

NXcoupe
10-13-2008, 11:13 AM
Pro Tree. I red lit first round and ran a 12.209 on a 12.200 dial. Car reacted in the tower lane like it hasn't in the 6 years I've raced it. Rather have the pro tree and be able to cut a decent light without redlighting. Stick cars are born for the pro tree IMHO. Really enjoyed the race and the other racers, I will be back more often next year.

sprayn93coupe
10-13-2008, 07:17 PM
Pro Tree !!! All Year

rmracing
10-13-2008, 08:55 PM
I would come run some events if it was a .400 pro tree .

orangecoupe
10-13-2008, 11:14 PM
Pro Tree all year would be great!!!