PDA

View Full Version : A Ruckus on the River in New Richmond Oct 18?

PONYGRL
10-13-2008, 01:42 PM
Anybody going? I saw a post under craigslist events for this.... Just wondering if it is the 1st year and what the turn out will be like, or if it's worth going to.

A Ruckus on the River - Car Show
Saturday from 9am to 3pm on Front Street in New Richmond

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/eve/850721197.html

Holly
10-13-2008, 01:44 PM
Yep, there are signs all over town for it.

I live in the beautiful town of NR. :rolleyes: Honestly though, it is a nice view of the river all the way down Front Street.

PONYGRL
10-13-2008, 01:48 PM
Okay thanks! I live in KY and don't venture over that way too often, but thought some of you guys on here might know about it.

USMCPONY
10-13-2008, 02:05 PM
I took my car to NR to watch some boat races and almost ripped off my front bumper from all the deep pot holes. Does anyone know if they have been fixed?

PONYGRL
10-13-2008, 02:08 PM
Ughh that sucks! Hopefully they have been repaired since then.

It sounds like it'll be cool but I doubt I'll even go. :( Chris has to work and I'm defniltely not going by myself... even though I'll be up bright and early- I have to get my oil changed at 8am Saturday morning and will be driving right past the New Richmond exit.

Holly
10-13-2008, 02:08 PM
I took my car to NR to watch some boat races and almost ripped off my front bumper from all the deep pot holes. Does anyone know if they have been fixed?

Not fixed. New Richmond is low rent. If you own a house down there (as I do), you are living the lifestyles of the rich and famous. :lol:

I'd say over half of NR does not work, seriously (which is why I have a security system on my house). That big drug bust on Friday was due to half of the town!

Mr.Moontang
10-13-2008, 04:44 PM
Anybody going? I saw a post under craigslist events for this.... Just wondering if it is the 1st year and what the turn out will be like, or if it's worth going to.

A Ruckus on the River - Car Show
Saturday from 9am to 3pm on Front Street in New Richmond

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/eve/850721197.html

My friend Mike Hack told me about this show and wants me to bring my car down to it since he just redid my whole system. So with that being said maybe I will see some of you down there!

plattner01
10-16-2008, 02:03 AM
might make this one if i dont get stuck in one of those pot holes on the way there

excopcar
10-16-2008, 08:38 PM
:bigthumb
might make this one if i dont get stuck in one of those pot holes on the way there

excopcar
10-16-2008, 08:42 PM
:lol:
My friend Mike Hack told me about this show and wants me to bring my car down to it since he just redid my whole system. So with that being said maybe I will see some of you down there!

Mr.Moontang
10-18-2008, 09:48 PM
might make this one if i dont get stuck in one of those pot holes on the way thereIt was nice meeting you today, congrats on the "Best Ford" trophy!!!

plattner01
10-18-2008, 10:23 PM
thanks Moon , it was great talking with you and seeing your car nice setup. The best Ford trophy really surprised me , i thought i might be lucky enough to win nice engine or something, but was cool also it was the first ever carshow i entered into. I really just showed up to look at the cars and get some ideas for my next mods.

Holly
10-19-2008, 10:32 AM
It was nice meeting you today, congrats on the "Best Ford" trophy!!!

Big turnout? I was out running around with my mom all day. We went to my niece's soccer game(s), to Trader's World, then we took the long way home (didn't get on the highway, took the backway from Lebanon to Williamsburg). My mom is 77, she loves when I take her long cruises like that. Anything that puts a smile on her face puts a smile on mine. :D

Mr.Moontang
10-19-2008, 12:18 PM
Big turnout?It went from the buffalo burger place almost all the way up to the restaurant next to the dealership... Lots of nice cars and a nice day along the river I will go back to the show next year, it was a relaxing day.:)

rsrr
10-19-2008, 01:14 PM
scott sorry i did not make it sat.to pick up my trophy i was going to stop on the way to the race track but then realized i could not cross the river with my trailer on 275.i have your phone number in my phone but did not save your name with it so i cannot figure out which one is yours,if you could call me again i will come pick it up this week,just name the time and place thanks ron schoch

plattner01
10-19-2008, 07:16 PM
it was a big turn out , when i registered i was like 66 and i think the total of cars was like 110 or 120. lots of nice cars to look at, even some of the chevy's. It was a fun day i got to meet 4 people from this forum and funny thing was 3 out of the four walked away with a trophy. Some of the other fords there was really neat to look at especially the
60's models one of the 66's was a light blue and looked like it was just rolled off the line brand new. When he started telling me about the car and all the restore work he put into it I was floored. Then we started talking about jack rousch day and how it was a fun event. I'm not missing next years.

gtbadboy
10-19-2008, 07:46 PM
I had a great time at the show.

plattner01
10-19-2008, 08:59 PM
gtbadboy , was great talking with you. Your car setup is nice , what was the trophy you got that day, i just saw you get one but didnt know what catagory for?

Mr.Moontang
10-19-2008, 09:10 PM
I had a great time at the show.

Thanks again for the door prop! I also found out how to shut the dome light off with the door open...;)

cobrajoe
10-20-2008, 12:31 AM
That's pretty sad when I miss a show in my home town! Ooops:cool2:

USMCPONY
10-20-2008, 12:36 AM
I wish I could of went I dont get off work until 4 am. My schedule does not agree with the car show schedules. My cousins grand parents own one of the resturants or sports bar down there. Im not sure what its called.

plattner01
10-20-2008, 02:39 AM
wish you could have gone it was a fun time , i was tired myself but seeing the cool cars and bs'ing with ppl keep me going

gtbadboy
10-20-2008, 10:08 PM
gtbadboy , was great talking with you. Your car setup is nice , what was the trophy you got that day, i just saw you get one but didnt know what catagory for?

Top 25 trophy

gtbadboy
10-20-2008, 10:09 PM
Thanks again for the door prop! I also found out how to shut the dome light off with the door open...;)

How do you do turn it off? And did you look for the value cover?

plattner01
10-21-2008, 07:49 PM
i have a feeling he is going to say to pull the fuse from the box.

Mr.Moontang
10-21-2008, 08:43 PM
i have a feeling he is going to say to pull the fuse from the box.

Nope you need to close the door latch all the way not to just the first click...I will show you next time I see you:bigthumb I have no idea on the valve covers but I seem to remember giving them to a guy named Rick that was on here and then went POOF:confused:

gtbadboy
10-22-2008, 10:04 PM
Nope you need to close the door latch all the way not to just the first click...

Cool that work. Thanks

gtbadboy
10-24-2008, 12:34 AM
plattner01 I get your door prop. Do you still what them?

plattner01
10-24-2008, 01:17 AM
yes i sent you a pm