PDA

View Full Version : This is the problem with our Country

Black92LX
10-14-2008, 10:44 AM
Here is why we are in the shit hole.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/stories/wcnc-101208-mk-salisbury_officer_involved_shooting.1063ae628.html

Mother wants answers in son's death

07:46 AM EDT on Monday, October 13, 2008
By DIANA RUGG / NewsChannel 36
E-mail Diana: DRugg@wcnc.com

Robbery suspect killed
SALISBURY, N.C. -- Tamie Jones knows her son was no saint. She knows he needed money to support his four young children, that he couldn’t find a job, that he liked to play with guns – and that he probably did rob a woman at a Salisbury gas station early Sunday morning.

But she doesn’t believe he deserved to die.

“The mother was needing money for bills and food and things, and kept calling every day,” a sobbing Tamie Jones told Newschannel 36 Sunday evening. “And he didn’t have money to provide for them, so that's why I believe he started doing what he was doing.”

Jones’ son, 20-year-old Alphonso Simmons, died in a barrage of gunfire while being pursued by Salisbury police and Rowan County sheriff’s deputies after the robbery.

Salisbury Police Chief Mark Wilhelm said officers were investigating an armed robbery at the Rushco gas station on Jake Alexander Blvd. around 2 a.m. Sunday. The victim gave police a description of the car the four men used – a white Toyota Camry with plastic over one window, and a partial license tag number.

Police spotted the car at the Civic Apartments on Hall Street, just more than a mile from the gas station, a short while later. Chief Wilhelm said as officers knocked on the front door, a man ran from the back door of the apartment.

Officers pursued the man as he ran around to the front of the apartment and encountered more officers. Then, Chief Wilhelm said, the man fired his gun at officers and officers returned fire, killing the man.

Salisbury police have not released the shooting victim’s name, but Jones identified the victim as her son. She told Newschannel 36 that police should have stopped her son without killing him.

"They didn't give him the chance,” said Jones. “I know they could have stopped him with one bullet, or two bullets."

Most police departments include a policy of using deadly force when deadly force is threatened. The offices involved in this shooting have been placed on administrative duty, which is standard for an officer-involved shooting.

Wilhelm expressed his condolences for Simmons’ family Sunday.

“I’m glad I'm standing here not talking about an officer being injured or killed,” said Wilhelm, “but it does not give me any pleasure to talk about anyone else being killed as well.”

Simmons’ friends gathered Sunday evening at the spot where he died, where a bouquet of roses and other flowers have been placed in the ground. They claim Simmons had been shot in the back by officers who chased him.

Jones said witnesses told her they saw her son fall, which caused his gun to discharge accidentally, before officers shot him.

"They said when he fell that's when the gun went off,” said Jones. “And when he got back up, he said they opened fire and he went down forward and hit the ground."

Jones and her family are looking forward to results of an autopsy being performed in Charlotte. They also welcome an investigation from the State Bureau of Investigation, which is involved. They hope both will answer questions they have about Simmons’ death.

“Questions I really want to know,” said Jones.

We'll start the list:

20 year old has 4 kids!
Not married to the kids mother
Victim's mother admits he lived the life of crime and is upset that he got what was coming to him.

It all boils down to individuals not take responsibility for their own actions.
You can take this one all the way back and ask mama why she raised such a piece of trash.

I say good riddance. You commit armed robbery, you run from the police, then you fire at them. Guess what when you're dead you got nothing less than what you deserved.

Sadly instances of this are becoming common place and every time it's said, ohh he was such a good boy he was just turning his life around. Or they should have given him another chance.

Steves LX
10-14-2008, 10:48 AM
I couldn't agree more. What a peice of artwork.

facemelter71
10-14-2008, 10:56 AM
I couldn't agree more. What a peice of artwork.
:agree: X2

Mista Bone
10-14-2008, 01:38 PM
Ms. Jones, you failed to be a parent, it's your fault.

But no one admits they might have made bad choices anymore.

The gene pool is a little cleaner, HOPEFULLY (unlikely!) the 4 kids don't choose to end up like their father.

85_SS_302_Coupe
10-14-2008, 04:17 PM
I believe every situation in life is some part your own fault, even if it's as simple as deciding to leave the house and getting hit by a car. I don't think there is such a thing as karma or bad luck, but there certainly is cause and effect and people sometimes make the wrong decisions based off of how cause and effect goes in your life.

This kid's cause was his kids' mother pushing him to break the law to provide for them. Or maybe it was being raised without morals. The effect was breaking the law. Then he caused the police to gun him down and the effect is he's dead and his mother is mourning for him. Every single one of them had another option, all the way back to the point when the mother parented the child. Life is pretty simple like that when you boil it down...nobody forced anyones hand to do anything that lead up to his death, yet they ALL made bad choices.

Pops Fun
10-14-2008, 04:30 PM
It is too bad it had to happen. He got what he deserved though. If you run from the police and especially if you have a gun..... Well that is enough. Poor choices.

e5shea
10-14-2008, 04:55 PM
Too bad there's not more stories that end up that way; we might actually start getting things cleaned up.

mustangjon
10-14-2008, 09:15 PM
and now.... we pay for his 4 kids... because the mom will be drawing welfare for her life, or maybe already was so maybe he was just stealing money to pay for his crack habit.

Good bye good riddance, darwin's theory at its best. Dumb enough to fire at TRAINED men with guns you deserve it.

Waffles
10-14-2008, 09:46 PM
Damnit... I wanna shoot peices of shit like that too! Cops get to have all the fun :(

cobradon
10-15-2008, 06:26 AM
I don't think he was out robbing people to support his kids what a joke.His mother trying to say the money was for the children:lol:

Black92LX
10-15-2008, 09:36 AM
and now.... we pay for his 4 kids... because the mom will be drawing welfare for her life, or maybe already was so maybe he was just stealing money to pay for his crack habit.

Good bye good riddance, darwin's theory at its best. Dumb enough to fire at TRAINED men with guns you deserve it.

I am going to bet we were already paying for the kids.

Dirtyd0g
10-15-2008, 09:53 AM
Bleh what did she think he would be able to fire at police and they should shake their finger of shame at him.
Alan

thecollector
10-15-2008, 10:38 AM
Reading the story is even worse:

Yeah he fell and his gun "went off" and then they shot him when he stood up....
Even if that is true I still wouldn't have given him a chance to put a well aimed round down range at me and anyone that would have has no self preservation instinct. Stories like this remind you of how underpaid a lot of police officers are.

02mingryGT
10-15-2008, 10:40 AM
You think he would have thought about getting a J-O-B to pay for those kids.

Dirtyd0g
10-15-2008, 10:57 AM
You think he would have thought about getting a J-O-B to pay for those kids.

Blashpemy. He was well employed corner pharmacist until the supply dried up. Darn crack shortage
:cool1:

02mingryGT
10-15-2008, 11:12 AM
lmao...my bad.