PDA

View Full Version : Mach 460 in a fox.

Ryan218
10-16-2008, 05:02 PM
i was thinking of grabbing it all from a totaled car next chance i got. how much of a pain will it be to hook it all up. and run new wires and such. i can do wiring but it frustrates me very easy lol. anyone else done this? put a mach 460 head unit from a new stang in there fox? i have seen one guy put a head unit from a 05+ on his fox. anyone have an info or know of anyone that has done it?

IWRBB
10-16-2008, 05:27 PM
It's a weird system wiring wise. There are three amps. I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole if I were you, it's just not that good.

Check here for more info.. http://www.flemworld.com/Mach460/Mach.html

Ryan218
10-16-2008, 06:10 PM
wow reading that now im confused. hm. if i can get the whole deal and complete wiring harnes for the radio from a car then do you think it wouldnt be as bad for wiring?

02mingryGT
10-17-2008, 09:37 AM
It's a weird system wiring wise. There are three amps. I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole if I were you, it's just not that good.

Check here for more info.. http://www.flemworld.com/Mach460/Mach.html

+2 Mach 460 not the way to go.

Stangman
10-17-2008, 09:45 AM
I love my Mach 460 system... but it's already in my car... and it is just now starting to give me trouble, I think I'll be able to figure it out once I get tearing into it though. I can't wait to upgrade to 2 and 3 way speakers... It sounds killer now for STOCK stuff, but I want less distortion

I checked out that diagram, doesnt seem that complicated...

Ryan218
10-17-2008, 07:09 PM
I love my Mach 460 system... but it's already in my car... and it is just now starting to give me trouble, I think I'll be able to figure it out once I get tearing into it though. I can't wait to upgrade to 2 and 3 way speakers... It sounds killer now for STOCK stuff, but I want less distortion

I checked out that diagram, doesnt seem that complicated...

thats what i think. i know it will add weight and all but this is a fun driver im building and i think it would be perfect for the music i listen to. country some rock. my friend with a 01 GT i drive it ever now and then to fix things she breaks hits with it. over and over and its got the MACH 460 and its a good sounding system for stock.

whats another way i could go without breaking the bank?

open to options. i know nothing about putting a decent system together...

WCKDGT
10-17-2008, 10:52 PM
dont go with mach 460!! my 97 gt has the mach 460 but the bass quit working so i was just going to replace the stereo and add a sub but when i tried to hook up the stereo i got no sound b/c of the factory amps so i had to re-wire the whole car. all 8 speaker plus the sub and 2 amps. its not really hard just time consuming, took me about 12 hrs. you dont need to break the bank to get a good system. just get a decent head unit w/ a high pass filter, then get some tweeters and you'll be golden. mine sounds clear as hell at high volume w/ stock speakers listening to pantera, slipknot stuff like that so country would be fine

IWRBB
10-17-2008, 11:45 PM
You can do it on the cheap. Well, kinda cheap.

I bought all new stuff when I did my truck back in 2000, Clarion ProAudio. H/U, four 5x7, sub amp, two 10" subs and two sub boxes was $700 total. I added a CD changer later. That system still rocks 8 years later.

To save some cash, I'd look for used stuff or older models on sale, especially the headunits, amps and subs. They depreciate big time, even if they are last year's model and still new. If you don't need the latest thing out there with a bunch of features like bluetooth and sat radio, you can find the headunits for next to nothing sometimes. There's always a ton of used car stereo stuff on Ebay. Probably half of it's stolen, LOL.

Pick up any decent aftermarket speakers that fit, whatever you can find a good deal on. Some of the speakers have an optional remote mount tweeter, you may want to go that route in the front. Basically, the tweeter is removable from the main speaker assembly and comes with a finish cover for wherever you mount it on the door, a-pillar or dash.

I'd also put in a sub/box/amp. For the subwoofer driver, I'd go with a 10" minimum, 12" if possible. One is good, two are better, but take up a lot of room. I prefer a big driver in a sealed box (that's what she said) but an 8" woofer in a ported box will still give good results. Good bass is what makes a system sound good in a car, even if you aren't trying to shake the windows. Once you have a good sub, you can cut the low frequencies from the main speakers with a crossover or inline "blockers" and they will perform much better.

99Slobra
10-17-2008, 11:46 PM
Ugh...its a headache....

Just buy a good head unit and speakers from the getgo

Ryan218
10-20-2008, 01:50 PM
well my freind wrecked her 2001 GT for the 3rd time this year!!!!!! so if all goes well and its totaled which i think it will be i can get the whole mach 460 for free is why i ask. maybe ill try it and see what happens.

Stangman
10-20-2008, 01:57 PM
I forsee a disc brake 8.8 in a fox vert soon ;)

Ryan218
10-20-2008, 06:07 PM
I forsee a disc brake 8.8 in a fox vert soon ;)

eh. maybe. ive comteplated the whole interior already but i dont have the wiring expertece to get the cluster to work :mad:

im not sure if its totaled yet if it is then thats where basicaly all my 5 lug will come from. im kinda hoping it is totaled though. poor car deserves to be rid of her horribly driving skills! this is the 3rd wreck. she smacked a wall with it at 35 and pushed the front sub frame about an inch to the driver side but didnt cause much cosmentic damadge. bumper headlight corner of fender.

Gearhead559
11-04-2008, 09:22 PM
you could do way better with aftermarket stuff