PDA

View Full Version : backlash

jdo89lx
10-17-2008, 11:27 AM
i had some work done over last summer and the guys who did it are complete morans. but anywho the question i am lookin for an answer for is on the rocker the bolt that holds it down has a hex screw in it to adjust the valve i am assuming. well how far down in there does that get set to. i took off my valve cover and the rocker over the #5 exhaust fell out and that hex screw was all the way down to where i couldn't even start it to tighten the rocker. i am just tryin to get my baby running again any help would be awsome thank you.

facemelter71
10-21-2008, 12:11 PM
From what i gathered from your post,it seems like you have adjustable rockers.The small screw on the inside of the hex-key is the set screw for your adjustment.There is a tightening sequence that DSS has on there website better than i can explain it.
http://dssracing.com/instruction_sheet_library.htm
Its at the bottom of the page under roller rockers.
Also.This is NOT a mod motor and needs to go to the Windsor section.ANd its not Backlash,its Valve lash adjustment.And in the future to help with people posting in your threads,and im not makin fun of you.But it will help to put punctuation and proof read what your type before you post it.It took me a couple times reading over your post to gather what your tryin to say.In most cases some people wont even attempt to read it.Trust me,it wil help.:bigthumb

One more thing.Miss-adjusted rockers will cause a missfire issue or rough running problem.

jdo89lx
10-21-2008, 01:29 PM
again thanks. when i posted this i was frustrated and covered in grease. thanks tho i will look up that when i get home and doulbe check all my work.