PDA

View Full Version : missing like crazy

jdo89lx
10-18-2008, 08:22 AM
okay my car has only been run like 50 miles this year it has been a bad year for me but i finally got it running and back in time. now i have a problem i am start missing around 4300 rpm. i know i need to get it tuned but i really dont have a crazy amount of money to spend? i need to get a sct chip? any body have a extra chip for sale and any advice on where to get it tuned???

jdo89lx
10-18-2008, 09:00 AM
and could it be cause i am running stock ignition still? i am lost

jdo89lx
10-21-2008, 11:43 AM
so everyone can reply to everyone else but none of of my hardly every get a response i know i dont post often but thats the main reason. i dont get it.

facemelter71
10-21-2008, 11:49 AM
It probly needs tuned to the combo that your running.But how old is your gas? If its been the same gas for a year then that would be your biggest problem right now.Get the old stuff out and flush the lines.Check your spark plugs for wear and check what color they are to see how she is running.Change the fuel filter and double check your timing and small things just to make sure YOU know where its at.
Also.Cincy Speed can put it on the rollers and burn a chip to your combo on the spot for ya.But that would be after you double check all your stuff.Make sure it has fresh fuel.And when you tune it,use whatever fuel you will use the most often.

jdo89lx
10-21-2008, 01:26 PM
thanks. i have new plugs and wires. i will try flushing the gas and changin the fuel filter. i have a 6 degree chip in that plug in on the distributor and i set it 4 degress before. but i will double check that. thanks again

jdo89lx
10-21-2008, 02:22 PM
when i bought the car the guy told me to adjust it to 10 degrees...is that right or should it be somewhere different????

Stangman
10-21-2008, 03:12 PM
check your coil :bigthumb

facemelter71
10-21-2008, 03:23 PM
When you adjusted it,did you pull the SPOUT or SAW when you timed it?

jdo89lx
10-23-2008, 03:59 PM
i honestly have no idea what your talkin about with either of those terms so i am goin to assume no. when i retimed it in my driveway i used the marks i used the first time i put the motor together. the only difference since then tho is some minor head work.

Stangman
10-23-2008, 04:12 PM
The Spout connector is a small connector hanging all by itself by the distributor... Just unplug it and don't lose it, then throw a timing light on it.

I can't think of what a Saw connector is but I'm sure someone will say.

Also, what color is your spark? yellow or blue?

facemelter71
10-23-2008, 05:32 PM
SAW is another term for spout.Kinda.Some people I know call it a saw connector.Stands for Spark-Angle-Word.
Here is the pic of the spout connector.
This is going to be very near the plug for the distributor.Probly right next to the A/C compressor on the left side hangin right in front or next to the distributor hold down.
Here is some good pics of what it looks like and how to time it.
http://www.muscularmustangs.com/timing.php

graysonracin
10-23-2008, 05:47 PM
I agree with the guys above, start checking all the stupid little things, firing order etc, the try cleaning the mass air sensor check for vacum leaks at the intake.

jdo89lx
10-24-2008, 09:54 AM
thanks for all the advice when it stops raining i will have to get out to the driveway and get at this. thanks guys ill let you know what happened