PDA

View Full Version : Home Depot on Beechmont

mach_u
10-22-2008, 07:53 AM
I absolutely love Home Depot's return policies. I picked up a 7 piece Ryobi One+ kit a few months ago(Drill, circular saw, etc.) and have managed to get some great use out of the kit. Well after a few months of use (basement remodeling, etc.) the drill decided to give out on me. Ryobi puts a two year warranty on it but you have to wait a couple weeks for a turnaround. I decided to head into HD and see what they would be able to do. Their policy is only 30 days for in-store return but they bent over backwards to help and even though they only sell the drill in a kit, they broke into a $150 One+ kit to pull out the drill and exchanged it on the spot! Definitely A+ service! :bigthumb:bigthumb

Silver Bullet
10-22-2008, 08:40 AM
Thats awesome! Sears would not even think about breaking open a kit for a couple of sockets they didn't have individually.... and I needed them.:mad:

stroked4eyes
10-22-2008, 11:00 AM
Thats awesome! Sears would not even think about breaking open a kit for a couple of sockets they didn't have individually.... and I needed them.:mad:

You went to the wrong sears then...the one up here where I live has done that for me a few times and never even questioned it.

PonymanfiveO
10-22-2008, 11:55 AM
Goes to show how important it is for managers to practice good customer service.

My father bought a washer from Home Depot in Cold Spring a couple weeks ago, got it home and it was leaking some kind of oil out of it. He took it straight back and had to jump through hoops to get his money back. They wanted him to wait two weeks for another one to show up. lol

2Kblacksleeper
10-22-2008, 09:40 PM
I'm glad to hear about you experience Mach. As much as i hate to say it, Sometimes you get service like that and other times you get the short end of the stick. It really depends who the manager on duty is. I work there in the flooring section. I'm glad they took care of you. If you ever need anything just come on back and look for the big guy in flooring. I'm always willing to talk about cars, guns, and flooring. Same goes for anyone else also. We do not work on comission. I hope everyone else has the same type of experience.

John

Timido
10-22-2008, 09:45 PM
+2 on those Ryobi cordless tools I bought the impact driver and drill and abuse the hell out of them at work. Cheap on the pocket for great cordless tools.

85_SS_302_Coupe
10-23-2008, 01:11 PM
Too bad i can't stand Home Depot. Am i alone on this one? The second i go in there i just get pissed because either i can't find it or they don't have it. I go to Lowes by Ford and find anything i need. It does take forever to get help at Lowes though.

mach_u
10-23-2008, 04:15 PM
I'm glad to hear about you experience Mach. As much as i hate to say it, Sometimes you get service like that and other times you get the short end of the stick. It really depends who the manager on duty is. I work there in the flooring section. I'm glad they took care of you. If you ever need anything just come on back and look for the big guy in flooring. I'm always willing to talk about cars, guns, and flooring. Same goes for anyone else also. We do not work on comission. I hope everyone else has the same type of experience.

John
Cool, getting ready to do some tiling in my kitchen in a month or two. I'll have to track you down. Do you happen to know Sean Chambers? He is the brother of a good friend of mine. Not 100% sure on his department though?

+2 on those Ryobi cordless tools I bought the impact driver and drill and abuse the hell out of them at work. Cheap on the pocket for great cordless tools.
I have the impact drive also. Overall I have been extremely happy with the set. It's great to by a set of most everything a home user/part time contractor would need for under $200. I have four batteries with a car charge for them as well as a regular one so I am never without. The bad problem is, buying the One+ stuff is like crack! :lol: Everytime I go in there, they are adding a new tool to the lineup that I have to have! :D

Too bad i can't stand Home Depot. Am i alone on this one? The second i go in there i just get pissed because either i can't find it or they don't have it. I go to Lowes by Ford and find anything i need. It does take forever to get help at Lowes though.
I find Lowes overpriced on most building materials IMO. That and now I know Home Depot pretty darn well, I go straight to what I need. They do have some pretty good deals on appliances though. :bigthumb

2Kblacksleeper
10-27-2008, 07:54 PM
Mach-

I will have to see if i do or not. I dont know all the last names of everyone there. I'll let you know though.

85_ss-
I Must have the same experience at Lowes that you do at my store. I hate going there. I can never find anyone tht is the right person for what you need help with. They do carry alot more items than we do though.

I figure that no matter where anyone shops thats some emploee is going to f--- it up for you. It just depends if you are to one to fall through the cracks so to speak. Its a shame that you cant find all good employes sometimes you want to kill you co-workers cause you see them mistreat a customer and that will come back to hurt your bottom line since they probially will not want to shop there and then there are times where the customer is not always right.
Like when they ask you for your prefessional oppinion and then they argue with you because they do not like it.
??????????????????????????????????????????????

John

gtbadboy
10-27-2008, 11:47 PM
That is sweet