PDA

View Full Version : Wheel hopping bad.

1986GT
10-25-2008, 04:34 PM
I have the eibach drag launch spring kit on my car. HPM non adjustable uppers and lakewood traction action lowers also non adjustable. The lowers had these big gold colored brackets on them I was useing that moved the lower control arm down and clamped around the axle tubes. The car hooked well. But the rear of the car sat lower than the front by a good bit. Looked retarded. I didn't want to cut the front springs so I took the brackets off the rear. Now it sits higher in the back than the front which I also hate. And to top it off it will shake the teeth out of your mouth now in first and second gear. The control arms all have polyurethane bushings. The only other plan I could come up with is to put the brackets back on and coil over kit the front to adjust the ride hight down. Is there enough adjustment in those kits? I have never owned them. Any other ideas? I am only running a set of Toyo Proxes FZ4 P225/50/R16's.:rofl:. Would that play a role at all. I can't help the tires they are the best bald ones I have.

Rick93coupe
10-25-2008, 05:36 PM
I'd ditch the lakewoods and pick up a set of megabite jr's. Ibstrokin had a set on his car but I know he's switching to a solid single adjustable now. His car was in the low 10's with them and pulling good 60' times.

YouGotJunk
10-26-2008, 12:52 AM
Just use some stock ones, that's all I have.

Rob
10-28-2008, 10:57 AM
A softer tire will help and some adjustable rear shocks. Those big gold brackets are used to raise the instant center of the car by dropping the rear of the arm down.

1986GT
10-28-2008, 05:48 PM
Those big gold brackets are used to raise the instant center of the car by dropping the rear of the arm down.

What do you think of them? Do you know if they actually work OK?

mustang8998
10-28-2008, 08:14 PM
They may help, on the I/C, but like the South Sides, can be hell on your torque boxes.

hangemhigh
11-23-2008, 10:59 PM
my sons 91 has mega-bite jr. lowers, teamz adj. uppers, solid bushing upper. man, i was following behind him, and the car was really unloading the tires badly. we've got nitto dr's, 4:30,t-5. -2 degrees p/a. lakewood 50/50's. we're going to an adjustable shock this winter. (for starters). any thoughts?

not to jack your thread, but we've basically got the same problem. we've got the eibach bag set-up too.

oh, anybody try the maximum traction setting on the mega-bites?