PDA

View Full Version : What is going on with Palin?

04 Venom
10-27-2008, 09:16 AM
Here's a link to The Guardian's (a UK paper) story of Palin going rogue on McCain. Has she forgotten that McCain won the primaries for the Republican nomination? Over the weekend, some McCain staffers have leaked reports that she was going off on her own. Unbelievable.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/oct/27/sarah-palin-2012

Rich
10-27-2008, 10:01 AM
I'll give you a hint...

Nothing and I mean NOTHING that happens during a Presidential campaign is unscripted!

02mingryGT
10-27-2008, 10:19 AM
It's no secret mccain is only running one term. he has said so himself. Also a lot of the debate surrounding Palin has been her ability to run the country since she is "one heartbeat away". So that is in effect what she is doing answering questions about those two issues. Not unusual and been going on for over a week now. The Guardian is an conservative newspaper as well and I don't believe it is implying what you are, that she has some sort of agenda.

Waffles
10-27-2008, 10:25 AM
You're right, it's kinda unbelievable. When you look at Obama and Biden in the primaries, Biden really tore into Obama on some issues that now he's fallen right in line with. This is what they agree to do although I'm sure he hasn't really changed his opinions. If Palin holds some different views, big deal. I have some different ideas about what McCain should be doing too, but I'm still supporting him. I find it hard to believe that she's actually "gone rogue" though.

04 Venom
10-27-2008, 10:46 AM
It's no secret mccain is only running one term. he has said so himself. Also a lot of the debate surrounding Palin has been her ability to run the country since she is "one heartbeat away". So that is in effect what she is doing answering questions about those two issues. Not unusual and been going on for over a week now. The Guardian is an conservative newspaper as well and I don't believe it is implying what you are, that she has some sort of agenda.

I can understand Palin looking forward to 2012, but don't you think she should wait until the body cools a little? Apparently, the anonymous McCain staffer didn't limit his comments to CNN. She publicly said that pulling out of Michaigan was a mistake and also the Rev Wright shoudn't be off limits. She also blamed the RNC for the wardrobe mess. Strange times.

02mingryGT
10-27-2008, 10:56 AM
I can understand Palin looking forward to 2012, but don't you think she should wait until the body cools a little? Apparently, the anonymous McCain staffer didn't limit his comments to CNN. She publicly said that pulling out of Michaigan was a mistake and also the Rev Wright shoudn't be off limits. She also blamed the RNC for the wardrobe mess. Strange times.

No she's separating herself and showing she isn't in lockstep with McCain. Like Rich said, nothing is unscripted. Look every time Biden opens his mouth something stupid comes out and then a press release by Obama's camp explains that isn't what he REALLY meant.

04 Venom
10-27-2008, 11:15 AM
No she's separating herself and showing she isn't in lockstep with McCain. Like Rich said, nothing is unscripted. Look every time Biden opens his mouth something stupid comes out and then a press release by Obama's camp explains that isn't what he REALLY meant.

I understand your point, but it suggests, to me at least, that both McCain and Palin have unofficially conceded the election. They surely know that the media will jump all over this.