PDA

View Full Version : ok long story short

phatford
10-27-2008, 05:57 PM
i made a post about getting my driveshaft ballanced but i thought i might double check and see what you guys think before i throw it up on the lift and yank it off.

I put a tremec tranny in my car last winter sometime. I had to buy a new yoke so my drive shaft would fit the trans. i had the fly wheel machined at smythe also. I let it run on the lift and shifted through the gears (so i dont get salt on my baby) and all went well. I went to take it out in the spring and drove around the block never went above 55mph and all is good. Then i go to take my girl out on a date well i get on the highway and i get this wobbel at 75. So i thought maybe some bolts came loose or something. i take the trans out and re install it. cause i just got to have it perfect. well same thing.

So long story short i think my yoke is throwing my DS ballance off?? what do you guys think? i have lost another summer of driving it and i am sloving the problem now so i can enjoy it newt year.

well not so short of a story but thanks for taking the time to read it.
-Nick

facemelter71
10-27-2008, 06:01 PM
How long did the car sit?...And where is the vibration coming from,the seat or the stearing wheel?

ibstrokin
10-27-2008, 06:05 PM
I would have the d/s balanced just to rule it out.

phatford
10-27-2008, 06:06 PM
the car sits off the ground on my lift all winter unless i need it but the tires have no flat spots and the shifter is like holding a dildo on full vib lol so its somewhere i the driveline. i re tourqued everything twice. the dash does not really shake its just the shifter

black90lx
10-27-2008, 06:56 PM
How do you know what a vibrating dildo on full blast feels like? lol j/k...i would try unbolting the drive shaft from the rear end and turn it a quarter turn and put it back on and see if that helps. do it until you make a full rotation with the driveshaft. i have heard that has helped some people.

phatford
10-27-2008, 07:28 PM
How do you know what a vibrating dildo on full blast feels like? lol j/k...i would try unbolting the drive shaft from the rear end and turn it a quarter turn and put it back on and see if that helps. do it until you make a full rotation with the driveshaft. i have heard that has helped some people.

hahaha my girlfriend gets mad and throws what ever is handy hahaha

ok but i already have she driveshaft out but i marked where it was so i will put it back where it was originaly and see if the ballancing works. if not i will try the rotating the vibrating shaft....i mean drive shaft :lol:

thanks man

Black Horse
10-27-2008, 08:17 PM
Definately index the driveshaft! Start with going 90 degrees, then 180......the 75 mph is a dead giveaway of a driveshaft issue.

mustang8998
10-28-2008, 07:52 PM
hahaha my girlfriend gets mad and throws what ever is handy hahaha

Are you sure, she doesn't carry it with her and have it armed and ready, to throw at you. (You know, getting sideways and scaring the hell out of her!)

I think, like the others, it's in the driveshaft. Try the indexing and make sure the yolks and U-joints, are alright too.

phatford
10-28-2008, 08:54 PM
Are you sure, she doesn't carry it with her and have it armed and ready, to throw at you. (You know, getting sideways and scaring the hell out of her!)

I think, like the others, it's in the driveshaft. Try the indexing and make sure the yolks and U-joints, are alright too.

haha maybe

but i am taking it to get ballanced tomorrow cause i am doing a job right down the street from the place off 747. i will let ya know if it worked or not

phatford
10-29-2008, 08:10 PM
ok...i got my drive shaft back today. ballanced up and ready to go...so i put it on and ran it on the lift and i still have the same wobble at 75+ mph.

I took of my wheels/tires just to rule them out. so i ran it again without wheels and tires and same thing.

so i thought of the turning to the shaft 90 degrees and same thing.

so my last guess is it must be in the damn tranny right???

well my 1000 dollar tranny has cost me an extra 200 bucks and now i am going to take this thing and go throw it back into mustangoutlaw's yard lol

ok i wont do that til i am out of options so whats my next choice???

phatford
10-30-2008, 08:37 PM
ok got the tires ballanced today and threw them on and i got the same vibration.

so i took out the drive shat and tested the tranny to see if its the cause. and its not.

Ok so far i have checked
-Tire ballanced
-Driveshaft ballanced
-i have checked everything twice except for the rear end. so i will tear into that tommorrow. but i would think that the rear end would shake at all speeds?? i dont know
can someone give me some ideas or something? i am out of them

kennebellcobra
10-30-2008, 08:57 PM
Check your pinion angle...try shimming up the trans.