PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 3

ADaughen
11-02-2008, 08:19 AM
Most of you guys are old enough to remember playing Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics. Bathesda software (Oblivion fame) revived the series. It is a mix of BioShock (mix of RPG and FPS), Oblivion (FPS style view and free roam) and Fallout (quirkiness and dark humor).

It is awesome, if anyone is looking for the Game of the Year, this may be it. Available on Xbox360, PS3, and PC (you had better make sure your PC can run it).

I already have ~30 hours into it and only completed one side quest. :eek: The game allows you to free roam almost anywhere. The only limitation is knowing the further away from the starting point, the meaner the bad guys get. I keep getting sidetracked going on other quests "ooh... I just found another location, I gotta search/loot." :lol:

85_SS_302_Coupe
11-02-2008, 05:49 PM
This is definitely on my purchase list. I pretty much was addicted to Oblivion, mainly because of how free the game is, so if FO3 is anything like that then i'll be all over it.

Mavowar
11-04-2008, 03:57 AM
Most of you guys are old enough to remember playing Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics. Bathesda software (Oblivion fame) revived the series. It is a mix of BioShock (mix of RPG and FPS), Oblivion (FPS style view and free roam) and Fallout (quirkiness and dark humor).

It is awesome, if anyone is looking for the Game of the Year, this may be it. Available on Xbox360, PS3, and PC (you had better make sure your PC can run it).

I already have ~30 hours into it and only completed one side quest. :eek: The game allows you to free roam almost anywhere. The only limitation is knowing the further away from the starting point, the meaner the bad guys get. I keep getting sidetracked going on other quests "ooh... I just found another location, I gotta search/loot." :lol:

I am old enough to have played the game that inspired Fallout....

"Wasteland" on my Commodore 64/128:D
It was a typical 80's RPG akin to Bardstale

ADaughen
11-06-2008, 09:23 AM
This is definitely on my purchase list. I pretty much was addicted to Oblivion, mainly because of how free the game is, so if FO3 is anything like that then i'll be all over it.

I spent ~20 hours exploring locations on the skyline rather than questing.

You can free roam pretty much anywhere. Just make sure you save because you could get attacked by Death claws or Yao Guai and die if you aren't careful.

I am old enough to have played the game that inspired Fallout....

"Wasteland" on my Commodore 64/128:D
It was a typical 80's RPG akin to Bardstale

I saw one of the guys on another forum talking about that game. Sounded pretty cool for 80s technology. You would probably enjoy this one.