PDA

View Full Version : Watch out for this

StangGirlRN
11-02-2008, 12:03 PM
Indiana state troopers are going to ride with truck drivers to catch motorists speeding or following too close. The trooper in the truck will then radio another trooper in a car to do the traffic stop. :mad:

http://autos.aol.com/article/news/_a/troopers-riding-with-truckers-to-watch/20081027100809990001?ncid=AOLCOMMautodynlsec0004&icid=200100397x1212764590x1200787102

95redstang
11-02-2008, 12:15 PM
Indiana state troopers are going to ride with truck drivers to catch motorists speeding or following too close. The trooper in the truck will then radio another trooper in a car to do the traffic stop. :mad:

http://autos.aol.com/article/news/_a/troopers-riding-with-truckers-to-watch/20081027100809990001?ncid=AOLCOMMautodynlsec0004&icid=200100397x1212764590x1200787102

Oh sh$t I'm leaving for Indianapolis here in a couple hours...

Lexstang
11-02-2008, 09:40 PM
I drive a truck myself and I'm tickled pink about all the ads they've been doing. There definately are bad truck drivers but I have seen statistics that 80% of fatality accidents involving trucks were caused by the other guy. I will be the first to say I've called the cops on trucks and cars. Actually it is why I originally got my cell phone after following a drunk while I was on the way home and not being able to get him or her pulled over by the police. I don't just call if you wander once or twice. My rule of thumb is if I feel like I am worried about seeing them on the news or paper for getting in an accident dial 911.

Lexstang
11-02-2008, 09:43 PM
I also don't advocate the teaching someone a lesson or scaring someone because those can turn to road rage gone wrong or accidents. My biggest pet peave is people in cars that can easily get to speed on the ramp but don't and expect me to move over. I have to go slower than every car in ohio anyway, don't slow me down.

firestang70
11-02-2008, 09:56 PM
I hate when people stay on my tail to get thru traffic when I run my emergency lights and siren. On the other hand I hate when a semi will get in the left lane on a hill doing 55.1 mph to pass a truck doing 55 mph. It takes them 10 minutes to pass the slower truck and block traffic. Wow sounds like I am just full of hate.

Rick93coupe
11-02-2008, 11:28 PM
I never have a problem merging into traffic, I believe its because I usually merge at atleast twice the speed limit of the cars I'm merging with! :lol:

Mavowar
11-03-2008, 12:38 AM
I hate when people stay on my tail to get thru traffic when I run my emergency lights and siren. On the other hand I hate when a semi will get in the left lane on a hill doing 55.1 mph to pass a truck doing 55 mph. It takes them 10 minutes to pass the slower truck and block traffic. Wow sounds like I am just full of hate.

I totally agree with this statement. Rolling Roadblocks are illegal yet many truckers do it anyway. Never seen a cop pull them over for it but I am sure a few have been. I feel trucks should not be able to use the left lane unless, an exit is in that lane or the other two lanes are blocked. Most truckers are nice guys just trying to make a living and I respect that but I have meet a few on the road that should not have been for what ever reason....

RACEME
11-03-2008, 06:07 AM
Indiana has been doing all kinds of things lately. Airplanes, helicopters and now this. O well, my cruise is usually set 5-7 mph above the speed limit.

Waffles
11-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Luckily KY does not recipropcate speeding tickets from other states on our points system :)

cstreu1026
11-03-2008, 01:25 PM
Luckily KY does not recipropcate speeding tickets from other states on our points system :)

Maybe not points but it will likely affect your insurance. I didn't get any points for a ticket I got in Kentucky but it did come up when I was shopping for insurance.

JamesjGT
11-04-2008, 01:44 AM
I'm a trucker and people do not repect trucks at all. Without trucks people would not have anything. It takes a long time to get speed up and very hard to stop fast. I drive about 500 miles a day and could not count how many times a day I get cut off. I just wish people would respect trucks a little more and give them a little more room.

Don't flash your brights it blinds us.....lol just flick them off and back on please :-)

bestracing
11-04-2008, 01:17 PM
There definately are bad truck drivers but I have seen statistics that 80% of fatality accidents involving trucks were caused by the other guy.

Not picking on you but here's the actual statistic from the linked article

National statistics show that investigators give primary blame to car drivers for 56 percent of the crashes between large trucks and cars, Flick said

Black92LX
11-04-2008, 02:08 PM
are you saying that this is a bad thing?????

Lexstang
11-06-2008, 04:39 AM
From what I know tickets from other states including ohio show on your liscense now. Its not been that way for long. Especially for cdl holders the fed wanted to make sure that commercial drivers weren't getting tickets everywhere they went but not reporting it to home state. I hate that as a cdl holder I can't even go to traffic school for a dam ticket. We drive more miles and are expected to meet eta's but get less chance to keep our liscense clear. I do my best to stay at 55-60 but sometimes gravity really gets you rollin without noticing. Heck I get blown off the road by other trucks, not to mention the cars.

Black92LX
11-06-2008, 08:11 AM
From what I know tickets from other states including ohio show on your liscense now. Its not been that way for long. Especially for cdl holders the fed wanted to make sure that commercial drivers weren't getting tickets everywhere they went but not reporting it to home state. I hate that as a cdl holder I can't even go to traffic school for a dam ticket. We drive more miles and are expected to meet eta's but get less chance to keep our liscense clear. I do my best to stay at 55-60 but sometimes gravity really gets you rollin without noticing. Heck I get blown off the road by other trucks, not to mention the cars.

The information can be had and lots of places are different. But where you are located Lex the Officer on the street only knows if you have a traffic violation in Fayette County.
CDL or not. The information can be found but would take awhile and is waste of time.

Lexstang
11-06-2008, 03:38 PM
oh Well Our company makes a big deal about our semi annual reviews of our dvr and we are supposed to tell them about any tickets we recieve before they find out or it can be grounds for termination.