PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely AMAZING day!

Black Horse
11-02-2008, 11:41 PM
A buddy of mine stopped in, he told me what he thought he saw on his drive over. I grabbed my camera, locked down my long lens and we headed out. I thought he might have been seeing things but to be on the safe side I figured we should go check it out for ourselves. We hiked about a mile and saw nothing, then we headed about a half mile in the other direction and there it was......

http://hyperperformance.smugmug.com/photos/408617068_Rdn5m-L-2.jpg

We hiked closer, he took off right over the top of us. I was shaking so bad I could hardly squeeze the trigger.

http://hyperperformance.smugmug.com/photos/408620824_LnvaU-L-2.jpg

It's like an out of body experience...I never in a million years thought I would ever see one of these magnificient creatures, and here is was just a short distance from the house.

Its an omen.....I better go vote.

k062693w
11-02-2008, 11:45 PM
They are the Coolest Dave !!
We used to have about 30 of them about a mile from us in Northern Michigan.. Nothing like them IMO !!!
Great Pics as usual !!!

Maximus
11-02-2008, 11:47 PM
Very cool!!
I was privalaged to see 6 of them in the wild way up in Northern Wisconsin.:)

Kevin1989
11-02-2008, 11:49 PM
beautiful!!! that second picture is amazing awesome shot!!

mustangboy
11-02-2008, 11:54 PM
WOW!!!!

Black Horse
11-02-2008, 11:56 PM
Cool thing is they are RIGHT HERE in Butler County Ohio!!! I'm going to have to go stake that place out with a tripod and see what shots I can get.

Kevin1989
11-03-2008, 12:01 AM
where abouts in butler county i have never seen one besides the zoo and they just sit there... would love to see one in the wild.

Rick93coupe
11-03-2008, 12:05 AM
That is awesome. I saw one coming down and old state rt in MN one time, it was on the side of the road covered in blood from eating a deer that had been hit. I can't seem to find the pictures right now.. I would have sworn it stood 2.5 - 3" tall.

DeckerEnt
11-03-2008, 12:27 AM
Eagles are the country bird. That was awesome Dave. You have all the luck. Stake out the area and post up what you get. I know who I am voting for and he would think that was cool as hell. The other guy wouldn't give it a second look.
Keith

Mavowar
11-03-2008, 12:28 AM
I was towing a car for a co-worker Saturday after work. On 275 heading to indie from ky I swore I saw an eagle. I am thinking now I did:angel:

MrsAPE
11-03-2008, 07:53 AM
That is awesome!! I know a certain someone on here who will probably be stealing that picture and probably camp out with you!! That is incredible. WOW.

Evil_Capri
11-03-2008, 08:12 AM
Very cool! Thanks for sharing!

Timido
11-03-2008, 08:54 AM
Here I thought we were the Turkey Buzzard capital of the world. Cool stuff If he frequents that spot I would love to stop out and see him

cobradon
11-03-2008, 08:58 AM
Cool i heard they were starting to migrate down in ohio.My son said he seen one but was not sure. Great picture were did you see it at?:cool1:

REDHOTGTGIRL
11-03-2008, 09:15 AM
WOW!! That is very cool! Great shots! It is certainly rare to see them around here, you are lucky! I have seen them in the area once before, about 13 years ago down in Newtown at the old soccer fields. It was very cool indeed! Thanks for sharing the pics and certainly post more if you get more shots.

Steves LX
11-03-2008, 09:26 AM
Down in Ripley on US 52 on the property of Brown County Rural water there is a nest that belongs to a Bald Eagle. She is there most of the winter. They have actually set up a viewing area down there now. There is also another on in Highland County at Rocky Fork State Park. The nest is a little harder to view at that location though.

Sharad
11-03-2008, 10:23 AM
AWESOME!! I hope that's the sign of an upset coming tomorrow...

MADMOD
11-03-2008, 10:26 AM
That second pic is so freakin cool....I think I just found my new avatar.:bigthumb

Black Horse
11-03-2008, 12:31 PM
Just to let everyone know...there is a reason I am not saying where this was spotted. I have alerted the DNR and the property owners. Due to the nature of the property I am attempting to gain permission to get closer and perhaps see if I can document a nesting location or a mate. So far it looks like they may let me next weekend.

Please don't take it personal, but I have to respect the birds, and the property owners. I'll keep everyone informed as things progress.

Here is the link to a few more shots from yesterday:
http://hyperperformance.smugmug.com/gallery/6447554_nC8YZ

NXcoupe
11-03-2008, 12:38 PM
I spoke to an Ohio wildlife officer a while back, and he said there were 4 to 5 nesting pairs on the little miami river, and they were keeping their nests a secret because too much traffic might frighten them away or there's always the poachers to worry about too. thanks for sharing the pictures, they are incredible to see, aren't they? Since that was quite a while ago, I am sure they have become more prolific throughout Ohio since they prefer to hunt in lakes and streams. cool deal.

Black Horse
11-03-2008, 12:45 PM
Ponder the lyrics to one of my favorite tunes:

Sunday morning 9 a.m.
I saw fire in the sky
I felt my heart pound in my chest
I heard an eagle cry
Now I'm alive I can breathe the air
Feel the wind, smell the earth in the air
I watch an eagle rise above the trees
Project myself into what he sees
Hey-
Take me away
Come on and fly me away
Take me up so high
Where eagles fly
I oftem dream I sail through the sky
I've always wished I could fly
The simple life of a bird on the wing
Oh Lord, I could sing
Take me away
Come on fly me away
Lift me up so high
Where eagles fly
Oh yeah-
I'm alive, I breathe the air
Wash the earth from my face
I catch a glimpse of another dream
I turn, I look but there's no trace
Take me away
Come on, fly me away
I wanna fly away
Pick me up so high
Where eagles fly
Oh yeah-
Eagles fly, oh, take me away
Eagles fly, oh, take me away
Come on, let's fly away where eales fly
Come on, fly away where eagles fly

93cobra
11-03-2008, 02:37 PM
thats too cool!

REDHOTGTGIRL
11-03-2008, 03:31 PM
I totally respect that Dave, I think that is a wise decision. I'll say it again, those pictures are just too cool!

Rob
11-03-2008, 04:11 PM
They are the Coolest Dave !!
We used to have about 30 of them about a mile from us in Northern Michigan.. Nothing like them IMO !!!
Great Pics as usual !!!

Where did you live in the U.P. ? I go to Curtis every june to fish.
You do see alot up there and some osprey.

Amazing pics Dave :bigthumb

Its cool your keeping it on the down low, very respectful

Silver Bullet
11-03-2008, 05:33 PM
That is AWESOME!:bigthumb

untamed
11-03-2008, 08:29 PM
Wow. That is Beautiful Dave. Nice catch.

R825OH
11-03-2008, 08:35 PM
Great shots Dave, Lucky You!

mustang8998
11-03-2008, 09:31 PM
You lucky dog!

Great shots too!

JamesjGT
11-04-2008, 01:09 AM
I've seen them in Williamsburg and they are really big in person.

Maximus
11-04-2008, 01:11 AM
Where did you live in the U.P. ? I go to Curtis every june to fish.
You do see alot up there and some osprey.

Amazing pics Dave :bigthumb

Its cool your keeping it on the down low, very respectful

Cooper harbor has some great snowmobiling trails and great scenery...Now finish my FN Stang. :cool1:

PonymanfiveO
11-04-2008, 01:12 AM
Good stuff Dave!

I've seen them in Williamsburg and they are really big in person.

I agree. I remember seeing them at Kennedy Space Center in Fla. and was surprised how big they are!

junk89lx
11-04-2008, 01:40 AM
Awsome pics! this past January i was duck hunting in pike county on the river. we had one come up from behind us about 30 feet above us. that thing was so frigging huge!!!! we got to see the nest about 2 mile up river and WOW! we contacted odnr and they were aware of it already...

Pops Fun
11-04-2008, 07:29 AM
That is awsome Dave.... Great shots, :D I saw some while in Texas this year, they are so neat. We were fishing and watched for probably an hour.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj22/Popsfun/Toledo%20Bend/Eagleintree.jpg

Wish I'd had a good camera with me. They came real close. Those are great shots..... I saw one in southern Indiana at Patoka lake a few years ago, to think so close to us. WOW!!

Black Horse
11-04-2008, 09:08 AM
Great shot Steve! I remeber your other pics from Texas as well, makes you want to carry a camera all of the time.