PDA

View Full Version : methanol injection

fordfan
11-03-2008, 10:38 PM
Anyone on here running it? I`ve been thinking about doing it. I`ve emailed Snow Performance. Is there any other kits? Any better than the other?

kennebellcobra
11-03-2008, 11:03 PM
I run lots of it... I bought a cheap kit from coolingmist and had problems with the lines poping off so I ran them in steel braided stuff... I've heard good things about snow and AIS

fordfan
11-03-2008, 11:17 PM
Snow said they can use the MAF to control how much is sprayed. Do the other companies have that option or do they use vacuum?

kennebellcobra
11-03-2008, 11:26 PM
I've heard of people having problems with the controllers especially on kenne bell cars with the instant boost...they might work on centrifical...I just run mine off a 5lb boost switch.

fordfan
11-03-2008, 11:38 PM
Well my car is N/A so I can`t use the boost to control it :lol: My car according to the online calculator has right at 11.5:1 compression. I`ve heard these kits are good for cars with higher compression. Right now my car is making 385hp and 400tq.

Blackout
11-04-2008, 04:47 PM
I have had some questions on the kit and what I found out is that if you will see the best results from a boosted application. You can see a little benifit from running water/meth on a N/A, but you will need to tune for it. The kit is made to make your car run rich while cooling the intake charge at the same time.

05yellowgt
11-04-2008, 05:00 PM
I've heard people theorize about using meth injection on n/a cars, but nobody with actual numbers showing a nice benefit.

fordfan
11-04-2008, 09:31 PM
I can`t remember but I tought Ken said he had done one on a N/A car. I know the gains will not be as much as a boosted car. I`m still up in the air on this but since so far no one around here has it on a N/A car that I know of I wouldn`t mind trying to see what it will do.

85_SS_302_Coupe
11-05-2008, 06:53 PM
It seems to me that you'd need the compression to benefit it...i know your car is 11.3:1 or so, but if you were more like 12+:1 then i think you'd see some huge gains running it...you'd basically run that and 93 octane in the place of pump gas. So basically i think the difference you'll see is what you might see if you tuned your car for race gas.