PDA

View Full Version : From Chad393 LMAO!

91lxnos
11-04-2008, 11:01 AM
You can keep your damn stickshifts!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just want to rant a little about the regret I have putting a stick back in my car. Problem is, in order to get a stick car to turn the times you would with a good auto, you need either a g-force (limit of power it will take), or a proshifted tremec. You stick guys can say what you want, but I know of at least three guys on here trapping close to 120 mph that are stuck in the low 11's. I guarantee a good auto will put these cars in the 10's! Say what you want about the fun factor, I just want to go fast! If it stops being fun, I have bigger jets Please feel free to post your neg/pos comments!

Sorry Chad just had to share it!!!!

Steves LX
11-04-2008, 11:09 AM
Well I couldn't agree more. I will tell you first hand that I am running into that problem right now. I am running a stock T5 that doesn't like 550FT lbs of torque on spray much less 332 on just motor. It either grinds going into 2nd and 3rd gear or it just doesn't always get in there. Needless to say my best time with it is a 11.32 @120MPH with a 1.49 60'. It should be trapping 10's but its not. I haven't given up yet though.

k062693w
11-04-2008, 11:40 AM
You can keep your damn stickshifts!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just want to rant a little about the regret I have putting a stick back in my car. Problem is, in order to get a stick car to turn the times you would with a good auto, you need either a g-force (limit of power it will take), or a proshifted tremec. You stick guys can say what you want, but I know of at least three guys on here trapping close to 120 mph that are stuck in the low 11's. I guarantee a good auto will put these cars in the 10's! Say what you want about the fun factor, I just want to go fast! If it stops being fun, I have bigger jets Please feel free to post your neg/pos comments!

Sorry Chad just had to share it!!!!

So So Bad Dougie !!!! But So So True !!! LMAO :lol:

1986GT
11-11-2008, 07:21 PM
I don't dislike either really. I know in a street car an auto puts me to sleep. They come in handy in a traffic jam though. At the track I still like stick but it does become a pain in the ass at a certain horse level. .02.

12seclx
11-11-2008, 07:48 PM
A wise man once said....

You drive a stick car, you steer an automatic..... :D

I like that... But, I will say that it does take a considerable amount of weekly or daily driving to stay sharp with a 5 speed set-up...

the 1335 formula will tell you if you're doing decent.... 1335/120mph would be 11.12 ET.... The more power you make though, I think the harder it is to shift the car... just my .02.... :)

Blowpastyou
11-11-2008, 09:36 PM
I like to drive a stick as much as anyone. But the point of building up a mustang is to go FAST right? Why would you put something in there to slow it down. I dont care what anyone says an automatic is faster, easier on parts, more consistent. Period.

PonymanfiveO
11-12-2008, 01:35 AM
Take your Automatic and STICK IT!!!!!

thats just how I feel. :D

automatics are for tow rigs. ;)

12seclx
11-12-2008, 01:59 AM

I agree... The NMRA Real Street cars don't have much trouble going 9's with a stick... :wave:

ahh, I say run whatever makes you happy... I just enjoy the stick because it's funner to drive and some old lady can't hop in my car and take off like she's in her Taurus.... But, the auto's seem to be easier on parts...

PonymanfiveO
11-12-2008, 02:03 AM
...But, the auto's seem to be easier on parts...

Its all about clutch set up. ;) :bigthumb

1986GT
11-12-2008, 07:06 AM
But the point of building up a mustang is to go FAST right? Why would you put something in there to slow it down.

Personal prefrence. Going fast with your own style. Just like leaving the A/C on. You want to go fast one way but someone else might like to go fast another way. They might have a killer stereo system, air, big wheels ect... You might want a coupe shell with a hard seat and nothing else that flies like a missle. Its all cool to me.

Sharad
11-12-2008, 09:54 PM

+1!!!

chad393na
11-13-2008, 05:49 AM
I agree... The NMRA Real Street cars don't have much trouble going 9's with a stick... :wave:

ahh, I say run whatever makes you happy... I just enjoy the stick because it's funner to drive and some old lady can't hop in my car and take off like she's in her Taurus.... But, the auto's seem to be easier on parts...

I agree, but we are talking about a PROSHIFTED transmission. My original post may have been taken a little out of context. I LOVE driving a stickshift car, I was just aggravated how inconsistant it seems a NON-PROSHIFTED tremec transmission shifts. Just venting a little. Doug (91lxnos) thought it was funny how the following week I was singing the praises of a stick, I guess i'm being a little inconsistant:lol:

91lxnos
11-13-2008, 09:23 AM
I agree, but we are talking about a PROSHIFTED transmission. My original post may have been taken a little out of context. I LOVE driving a stickshift car, I was just aggravated how inconsistant it seems a NON-PROSHIFTED tremec transmission shifts. Just venting a little. Doug (91lxnos) thought it was funny how the following week I was singing the praises of a stick, I guess i'm being a little inconsistant:lol:

Look here Senetor Evens, don't drag me into your Flip/Flop campain!!!LMAO
NO,really Chad has always loved stick cars for as long as I have known him. I think frustration and the preasure of being own by a stock block 302 (bbfstanger) just got to him. I agree it takes skill and patiance to drive a stick and go fast, thats why my car will have a C-4.LOL!!!!:bigthumb

k062693w
11-13-2008, 10:00 AM
Look here Senetor Evens, don't drag me into your Flip/Flop campain!!!LMAO
NO,really Chad has always loved stick cars for as long as I have known him. I think frustration and the preasure of being own by a stock block 302 (bbfstanger) just got to him. I agree it takes skill and patiance to drive a DICK and go fast, thats why my car will have 2.LOL!!!!:bigthumb

There I fixed it for you Doug !! LMAO :lol:

flyin2jz
11-15-2008, 09:54 PM
i know for a fact that chad loves a good fast stick car. hes just frustated by running a bit slower at the track. 10.46 is no slouch. i know that chad can go faster than that with the stick, just takes some time. ive seen alot of cars at the track run low tens at 115-124 but my question is why? thats not fast u just have a auto and slicks and pull 1.40s 60 ft. if u need that kinda 60fts to run in the low 10s u havent built enough car. to me autos are boring and for people who cant drive a stick and chad isnt one of those. just give it a chance. u may run faster at the track et wise but if u lose 5-7 mph at the track to pick up 3 tenths in the quarter u better never roll up beside me on the highway and say my car runs low 10s at the the track cause u will get ur ass handed to u by a stick car that barely runs 10s but out mph u all day at the track. i guess if u want something ur wife can run the same ets as u can go with the auto if u want something that takes a bit of skill keep the stick just give it time chad i know u can run the same or faster with the stick just needs a good clutch lmk if u need a good pure street/real street clutch setup i just so happen to know a good one.

Mista Bone
11-16-2008, 12:42 AM
Its all about clutch set up. ;) :bigthumb

and flywheel weight!!!!!!!!!!!

Flamesuit on.......

All the Honda guys that are TRYING to go fast are running 7 lb flywheels with Stage 13 clutches and wondering why the launch is a hit or miss. Either they shock the tires and just sit and spin, or do hook and bog the motor.

Yet I took a Centerforce Dual Friction USED setup and a 13 pound flywheel to launch near perfect in my car on spray, dry kit at that. Everyone thought I was waiting till second gear to hit the juice when in fact the ZEX kit was engaging at WOT in first gear.

Launch the car at 7500-7800 rpms, no purging of the ZEX system, when the clutch would be almost hooked up from the launch the nitrous would be hitting the motor and the perfect slip in first gear was obtained. Motor would sit at 6200-6500 rpm and when the clutch would hook, powershift into second. If you waited for the shift light in first gear it was too late.

Getting that balance just right is part luck, part instinct. Explaining the Honda crowd that a HUGE double diaphram pressure plate isn't always needed.

Try to explain to them a Pro Stock car does fully lock the clutch until 3rd/4th gear and they are baffled.

Yes, slushboxs are easier on parts, so easy a caveman could shift one........or let the air shifter do the work!

I hope to field a UMTR Street Stick Honda this year.....

/flamesuit.........I think I'll keep it on for now :)