PDA

View Full Version : Veterans eat free at Golden Corral 11/17/08

04 Venom
11-07-2008, 03:44 PM
As the title says, Golden Corral offers free meals to veterans from 5-9 PM on Monday, 11/17/08. A Big Thumbs Up for all the country's veterans.

347sc
11-07-2008, 03:59 PM
This is the best post you have ever made.

THANKS TO ALL THAT HAVE SERVED THIS GREAT COUNTRY!!!!

bestracing
11-07-2008, 04:44 PM
Guess I'll have to take my dad to golden corral then :D

djom1cincy
11-07-2008, 08:21 PM
I might have to check it out myself. Simper Fi.

02mingryGT
11-08-2008, 01:43 PM
I might have to check it out myself. Simper Fi.

DJ,

my son if you remember him from the Kentucky track is joining the Corps. He leaves Jan 26th for Parris Island.

04 Venom
11-08-2008, 02:47 PM
DJ,

my son if you remember him from the Kentucky track is joining the Corps. He leaves Jan 26th for Parris Island.

Mingry,

When the recruits graduate from boot camp, the Corp puts on a great graduation ceremony at Paris Island. One of the proudest days of my life was watching my son march on the parade deck for graduation. Your son picked a good time to enter boot camp; he'll be done well before the heat sets in.

djom1cincy
11-08-2008, 09:37 PM
DJ,

Thats awesome. Tell him best of luck. The key for him is to listen and follow orders. Also just know they play head games so just be patient.

djom1cincy
11-08-2008, 09:39 PM
If he needs any advice or has questions just pm me. I'll be happy to give any pointers i can remember from 1996.

Katmandu
11-09-2008, 01:55 AM
As the title says, Golden Corral offers free meals to veterans from 5-9 PM on Monday, 11/17/08. A Big Thumbs Up for all the country's veterans.Great info, thanks for posting it! :bigthumb

Ret.USAF MSgt
1983-2003

02mingryGT
11-09-2008, 03:42 PM
Mingry,

When the recruits graduate from boot camp, the Corp puts on a great graduation ceremony at Paris Island. One of the proudest days of my life was watching my son march on the parade deck for graduation. Your son picked a good time to enter boot camp; he'll be done well before the heat sets in.

Yeah it looks like it from the website. I thought so about the heat as well. I asked him if he had checked it out on Google Earth because it looked like swamp land. So he made out there.

Thats awesome. Tell him best of luck. The key for him is to listen and follow orders. Also just know they play head games so just be patient.

If he needs any advice or has questions just pm me. I'll be happy to give any pointers i can remember from 1996.

I'll let him know DJ. He goes three times a week with his recruiter to PT. I thought it was nice of the guy to help him out and get him ready for it. He probably gets something if they actually finish it. I always kid with him and ask him if they can get me some video of his boot camp experience. He is all Gung Ho on it. I guess he'll find out.

The only issue I have is he scored a 69 on his test and could pretty much do anything he wanted. When he told me he picked Infantry I told him he just proved my point on how you could be smart and a dumbass at the same time. I would have preferred he got into Aviation or even UAV. I do have a friend who is a Captain and her husband is too in the Marine Corps. So I need to talk to her and see what she thinks. I can get her to pull a string for me if need be but it's his life and he probably be pissed if I did.

k062693w
11-09-2008, 03:51 PM
They will put him in a good infantry field, They will look at his score's and put him where he will do the most good.. Like a lot of people think, Infantry is not just here's a rifle now go out and march.. LOL
The Fall/Winter time is best at Parris Island, No equitorial heat, No sand fleas (those things bite LOL).. The only down side is the Crucible ( the cold water sucks)
I'm sure he'll do fine!!!
Semper Fi !!!!

Katmandu
11-09-2008, 07:03 PM
and ask him if they can get me some video of his boot camp experience. Check out Youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=drill+instructor&search_type=&aq=2&oq=drill

The only issue I have is he scored a 69 on his test and could pretty much do anything he wanted. When he told me he picked Infantry I told him he just proved my point on how you could be smart and a dumbass at the same time. I would have preferred he got into Aviation or even UAV. Infantry is cool to start, be sure to encourage him to get learn a Trade for later on in life. :bigthumb

02mingryGT
11-10-2008, 12:30 PM
Infantry is cool to start, be sure to encourage him to get learn a Trade for later on in life. :bigthumb

He plans on going to "video game" college when he gets out so he doesn't care about a trade. I told him that was being short-sighted but he's young and thinks he knows everything.....lol.

Thanks everybody for the words and info!

04 Venom
11-10-2008, 01:22 PM
He plans on going to "video game" college when he gets out so he doesn't care about a trade. I told him that was being short-sighted but he's young and thinks he knows everything.....lol.

If your son decides to stay in the Corp for awhile, he can always change his MOS later. The recruiters always are eager to sell the idea of becoming "Lean Green Killing Machines" to new enlistees. My son intended to go into the infantry as well, but after taking his aptitude tests, his recruiter convinced him to sign up for the helicopter crew chief MOS. This appealed to my son because the crew chiefs ride in the helicopters with the pilot and co-pilot rather than staying on the ground.

My son definitely did not have his head screwed on tight when he graduated from high school. After he went to boot camp at Paris Island, the positive changes we saw three months later were obvious.

Mista Bone
11-10-2008, 03:54 PM

Did he check into the tution for a such school? My son had the same idea, but thankfully got his head on straight. He's 19, a manager at Krogers will get his schooling paid for by Krogers.

02mingryGT
11-10-2008, 08:05 PM
If your son decides to stay in the Corp for awhile, he can always change his MOS later. The recruiters always are eager to sell the idea of becoming "Lean Green Killing Machines" to new enlistees. My son intended to go into the infantry as well, but after taking his aptitude tests, his recruiter convinced him to sign up for the helicopter crew chief MOS. This appealed to my son because the crew chiefs ride in the helicopters with the pilot and co-pilot rather than staying on the ground.

My son definitely did not have his head screwed on tight when he graduated from high school. After he went to boot camp at Paris Island, the positive changes we saw three months later were obvious.

Did he check into the tution for a such school? My son had the same idea, but thankfully got his head on straight. He's 19, a manager at Krogers will get his schooling paid for by Krogers.

My son is probably like Venom's. He's, in my thinking, a dipshit. I'm expecting a big change in him when he gets back. Not that he's a bad kid but he just doesn't get it though. He's extremely smart but didn't get good enough grades to qualify for squat. He could probably get a student loan but then he'd have to pay it back. So in his mind it's EASIER for him to get the money from Uncle Sam. I want him to go into uav because he is really really good with video games. Especially at like Halo and other games the same genre. Like I said he's all gung ho but I think he's in for a rude awakening.

k062693w
11-10-2008, 09:10 PM
Rude Awakening Indeed !!! I know it was a culture shock for me, And that Boot Camp has changed since I was in cough 22 years ago cough cough LOL

He will do fine !!!

Greg Seibert
11-10-2008, 10:10 PM
And I never met a GI-reen I didn't like!
What would we do without such men?

Katmandu
11-11-2008, 10:26 AM
Applebees is also offering a FREE meal to Veterans today! http://katmanduonline.net/smilies/usa.gif

BIGRED Z
11-14-2008, 01:48 AM
Sweet! I had to work on Applebees free dinner day, but I'm off on Monday. Now where are those DD-214's? :tard:

Mista Bone
11-14-2008, 06:04 AM
Y'all know this was all BULLSHIT right?

04 Venom
11-14-2008, 09:18 AM
Y'all know this was all BULLSHIT right?

Huh?

http://www.goldencorral.com/military/

mach_u
11-14-2008, 10:31 AM
Somebody was on the sauce last night... :lol:

Mista Bone
11-14-2008, 10:16 PM
nope, I was refering to the free Applebee's, Cincy area units didn't participant.