PDA

View Full Version : New digs...

Waffles
11-07-2008, 09:59 PM
I hate apartment living. I've come home to find kids sitting on my Cobra. I've had tools stolen out of my garage. We have eight registered sex offenders in my apartment complex. I can never get things fixed in the apartment. All of the hot and cold faucets are switched.

No more. I found a house, settled on a price, and I'm moving in Dec 1st.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i111/cga1974/house/P1010081.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i111/cga1974/house/P1010084.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i111/cga1974/house/P1010079.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i111/cga1974/house/P1010078.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i111/cga1974/house/P1010076.jpg

Waffles
11-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Oh, and I just realized I joined SBZ one year ago this month. Yeehaw!

Mr.Moontang
11-07-2008, 11:12 PM
Congrats on the house, it looks really nice.

black90lx
11-07-2008, 11:17 PM
i like it. where is the garage?lol

Rick93coupe
11-07-2008, 11:17 PM
Yeah Congrats, looks like a nice place.

k062693w
11-07-2008, 11:28 PM
Congrats!!!!!!!!! Good Looking House !!

mustang8998
11-08-2008, 12:34 AM
I like the porch, but what is up, with the door, at the top of the steps?

exrider416
11-08-2008, 12:47 AM
I thought the same thing until i looked at it again... The door is to the room that is off to left, it is opened into the room making it look like a door at the top of the steps...

mustang8998
11-08-2008, 01:14 AM
I thought the same thing until i looked at it again... The door is to the room that is off to left, it is opened into the room making it look like a door at the top of the steps...

Ahh, I see it now. :bigthumb

Waffles
11-08-2008, 01:15 AM
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i111/cga1974/house/P1010084.jpg

i like it. where is the garage?lol

See where the car is parked to the left? Garage is there. I'm going to build a 2 level garage behind the house after a few years.

Good call! I didn't even notice it looked like that in the pic. 2 bedrooms and a bath upstairs. Another bedroom downstairs I'm going to be using as an office.

And thanks everyone.

1992MustangDW
11-08-2008, 01:21 AM
im jelouse, maybe one day I can own one... nice house.

DeckerEnt
11-08-2008, 09:29 AM
Nice place!! After you move most of your stuff in, get that plastic off the steps. Trust me. LOL Congrats! Owning is always better than renting. Not cheaper but most things in life that are worth it usually cost a little.
Keith

Holly
11-08-2008, 09:39 AM
That's really nice Chris! Congratulations! Being a home owner is a good feeling, a little scary, but it's better than the apartment life anyday. ;)

jls94z
11-08-2008, 09:41 AM
Very nice house Chris.. Congrats!

Black92LX
11-08-2008, 09:45 AM
Nice.

Is it new construction or just really well maintained????

MrsAPE
11-08-2008, 10:24 AM
Nice place. Good luck in it!

Waffles
11-08-2008, 11:26 AM
Thanks everyone. I'm really excited about it. They're letting us move things in before the first, to help out. We're going to be packing boxes and such and leaving them in the basement. The on moving day we won't have so much. It was really good of the sellers to let us do that.

im jelouse, maybe one day I can own one... nice house.

Well, it's certainly the time to buy if you can. This house was on the market for 8 months and was never even shown because the market has been so bad. I picked this one up for 30% less than their original asking price, AND got them to throw a lot in. They're putting in a new driveway and purchasing my appliances for me.

Nice.

Is it new construction or just really well maintained????

New construction. It'll certainly be the first new house I've owned, but it's the first one since my divorce. That may be more significant to me than the first house, actually.

nskaats
11-08-2008, 11:39 AM
Very nice house Chris. Where is it located?

Black92LX
11-08-2008, 11:54 AM
New construction. It'll certainly be the first new house I've owned, but it's the first one since my divorce. That may be more significant to me than the first house, actually.

What sort of warranty are they offering you?

I am just over a month into my new construction and I will give you some tips of things to look for that I have run into.

Put food coloring in all the tanks of your toilets. Let them sit for a few hours without flushing them. Check the bowls there should be no sign of the food coloring in the bowl. If there is make them come fix the toilet. Older toilets you could here running. Not the new toilets. We had a toilet that was constantly running and we had no idea.
Thankfully the water company came to the house in the middle of the night when we set off some sort of water consumption warning.
We got our water bill for the first 11 days in the house and it was $67. Our water bill had never been over $21 for an entire month. The guy that came out said at the rate it was using water we would have had a $400 water bill at least.

Make sure all the doors seal properly (especially since it's getting cold) and that the dead bolts secure fully. They did not bore ours out nearly enough and the dead bolts would only engage about a 1/4 of the way.

Timido
11-08-2008, 12:34 PM

I am just over a month into my new construction and I will give you some tips of things to look for that I have run into.

Put food coloring in all the tanks of your toilets. Let them sit for a few hours without flushing them. Check the bowls there should be no sign of the food coloring in the bowl. If there is make them come fix the toilet. Older toilets you could here running. Not the new toilets. We had a toilet that was constantly running and we had no idea.

Wouldnt you want the food coloring to stay in the bowl? Nevermind I see what you mean food coloring in the tank then none in the bowl........ Hell My house is 4 years old and we have a crack on the top of the toilet. I been wearing that shitter out! Cheap ass builder stuff.

Timido
11-08-2008, 12:37 PM
I like the front doors and big windows. I really like the hardwood floors also.

02mingryGT
11-08-2008, 01:02 PM

I like the porch as well. Congrats Hardcore!

Waffles
11-08-2008, 11:49 PM
Very nice house Chris. Where is it located?

It's in Williamstown, about 10 minutes south of where I am now.

Thankfully the water company came to the house in the middle of the night when we set off some sort of water consumption warning.
We got our water bill for the first 11 days in the house and it was $67. Our water bill had never been over $21 for an entire month. The guy that came out said at the rate it was using water we would have had a $400 water bill at least.

Make sure all the doors seal properly (especially since it's getting cold) and that the dead bolts secure fully. They did not bore ours out nearly enough and the dead bolts would only engage about a 1/4 of the way.

One year, and yeah wow, thanks for the tips. I already caught one toilet running, they're supposed to have it fixed monday. Also, caught the issue with the deadbolts. They throw most of the way, but not enough. The doors seal pretty well, except the garage door. They're supposed to be putting new weatherstrip around there.

I like the front doors and big windows. I really like the hardwood floors also.

I like the porch as well. Congrats Hardcore!

Thank you both. I'm pretty excited about all of it too. I picked out my appliances tonight. Stainless steel Whirlpool stuff, with a over-the-range microwave. Got good deals on everything. The seller is writing me a check in the morning.

mach_u
11-09-2008, 09:40 AM
Very nice house! Love that porch and the hardwood. :bigthumb

Pops Fun
11-09-2008, 10:10 AM
Congrats.... great looking house!!

zippy94
11-09-2008, 01:05 PM
who's the builder?

07thorobrd
11-09-2008, 05:21 PM
That is a sweet house. my fiance and i just moved into an apartment and its nice but its no house thats for sure. i cant wait until our lease is up so that we can hopefully buy a home. that will be a great day. well congrats again, and that garage you were talking about sounds awesome.

ibstrokin
11-10-2008, 01:37 AM
Congrats, looks like a sweet pad.

Silver Bullet
11-10-2008, 01:50 AM
Nice place, congrats!

PONYGRL
11-10-2008, 09:01 AM
Man, sounds like you go a great deal and it looks really nice! I can't wait to get a house. Congratulations! :)

NXcoupe
11-11-2008, 11:24 AM
Congrats Quwiff! You were excited about it and now I see why. That is a sweet place. can't wait to see it in person. Give me a shout later today.

85 stang gt
11-11-2008, 11:41 AM
Chris that is a sweet place, I know of the builders and they do a good job. They got the plans from my house which is in Williamstown as well and is for sell, you probably have seen it when you were looking. Anyway looks like we will be neighbors, congrats.

04 Venom
11-11-2008, 11:44 AM
Well done, Hardcore.

Black03SVT
11-11-2008, 12:01 PM
Nice!!:bigthumb