PDA

View Full Version : Play Station 3 Sucks, lol

ibstrokin
11-10-2008, 01:49 AM
Well I decided to buy a ps3 Saturday to help pass time during the winter. I bought Gran turismo 5. The problem that I have is that my hands look and feel arthritic. LOL Ive been playing the hell out of this thing. Mark (93 hulk) came over and we were both glued to it for hours.

Also, it has a blue ray dvd player, and plays some ps2 games. Does anyone know what ps2 games work, and which don't? So far, I have no complaints, post up which games you like/dislike. I also bought "Pacific Rift", it kinds sucks.

k062693w
11-10-2008, 08:06 AM
Is it a 40 or 80 ???? The 80's are the only ones that will play the PS2 games..
I love my PS3 !!!! They are addictive.

PONYGRL
11-10-2008, 08:56 AM
We hav an 80 gig and haven't had any problems with it.... except it is our 2nd one. Our first one was majorly screwed up and we have to send it back to the manufacturer, which was a pain in the butt because we bought the system on ebay and didn't have a sales receipt. Then our whole output board thingy went out on our NEW over $2000 1080p flatscreen, so of course we couldnt plug in the hdmi cable or anything else, which of course they dont make the replacement board so we are on our second PS2 and second flatscreen right now.

As for games, we havent had any probs with PS2 games not working, and I think PS1 games work even... We have a variety of games that we never play... Motorstorm, madden, need for speed, etc....
Good luck!

REDHOTGTGIRL
11-10-2008, 09:21 AM
I love our PS3! I haven't really played any games on it, but the blu-ray player is very cool. AJ has been glued to GT5 as well, he loves that game!! But it is the only one we have, so we need to get some more. LOL

06hoss
11-10-2008, 10:21 AM
I have a 60GB PS3 that I bought when they first came out. When they first came out there was a 40 & a 60 GB unit. You can replace the hard drive really easy though so you just want to make sure the unit you buy has wireless if you want to hook it up that way...I think the 40 GB didn't have wireless.
All of the PS3 units will play PS2 games. The difference between the units is some of them use hardware to play the the legacy games (I think the 40GB unit), but some (the 60 & 80 units) use software emulation. We play everything from racing games to First Person Shooter games (Call of Duty 3 rocks) and all of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games on it and it plays perfectly. The PS3 is a four core processor unit that the PCs are just now getting around to so it's a good unit. It only has 256 MB of graphics memory though, but it manages just fine. The Blue Ray player is one of the best ones out there with free software downloads to keep it up to the current Blue-Ray standard...just got one the other day. Check out Journey to the Center of the Earth on Blue Ray...it just came out last week and looks really good in high def.

nkystanger
11-10-2008, 10:55 AM
Two games you need.

Call of Duty 4 and Call of Duty 5(comes out the 11th)

mach_u
11-10-2008, 11:33 AM
All of the PS3 units will play PS2 games.
To my knowledge, the new 80gigs will not play PS2 games. :(

k062693w
11-10-2008, 01:17 PM
All of the PS3 units will play PS2 games. .
I have a 40G PS3 that I bought in May, And it will not play PS2 games.. When I bought it I was even told this.. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Because I have been told several times by different people that the older 60G and the 80G's were the only ones that will play the PS2 games.. I have a PS2 also, So it didn't matter to me when I bought the PS3..

KobraII
11-10-2008, 02:19 PM
I really want a PS3 for whenever they get around to releasing any more Final Fantasy and the Gran Turismo series, and a few others. Having a Blu-Ray Player wouldn't be too bad either. But I don't know if I have room for it. I already have a 360 and a Wii, haha

Stangman
11-10-2008, 02:45 PM
I want a PS3, just because I absolutely cannot get used to xbox and wii controllers.

I think the only games I'd buy would be Grand theft auto 4, gran turismo, and maybe the new 2D Sonic The Hedgehog game (old school sonic fan!)

MustangChuck
11-10-2008, 02:55 PM
Some great games:

Resistance: Fall of Man
Need For Speed: Pro Street
Grid
Metal Gear Guns of the Patriots

If I can think of any more i'll make sure and post them. Need For Speed Undercover looked pretty good (it's coming out soon) but I havent heard anything about it.

A05C
11-10-2008, 03:25 PM
Two games you need.

Call of Duty 4 and Call of Duty 5(comes out the 11th)

this guy speaks the truth.

i play COD4 on my 40GB wireless online all the time. i played need for speed pro street for a while. im looking forward to the new cod5 to come out soon.

PONYGRL
11-10-2008, 04:23 PM
I want a PS3, just because I absolutely cannot get used to xbox and wii controllers.

I think the only games I'd buy would be Grand theft auto 4, gran turismo, and maybe the new 2D Sonic The Hedgehog game (old school sonic fan!)

I used to have all the gta games....and I have sonic and old skool Frogger for ps2 also! I'm a dork also but it's not as cool as it sounds... like I said we only use ours anymore to watch blu rays and dvds. And ya, I heard COD is way addicting... I've only played a couple times and it is one of these games you become obsessed with.

Pyro50
11-10-2008, 05:14 PM
James plays COD4 ALL THE TIME!

I like Resistance Fall of Man :D

06hoss
11-10-2008, 06:00 PM
To my knowledge, the new 80gigs will not play PS2 games. :(

Actually the hard drive size has nothing to do with the machine itself. We should be talking model numbers...I can put an 80 GB drive in my unit and it's not going to change what it can or can't do. I think there are two different model numbers for the 80 GB unit that comes from the factory. The main selling point of the PS3 is that it is backwards compatible with PS2 games. If you can't play PS2 games then see if there is a patch you need since most of these units use software to play the older games.

mach_u
11-10-2008, 06:27 PM
Actually the hard drive size has nothing to do with the machine itself. We should be talking model numbers...I can put an 80 GB drive in my unit and it's not going to change what it can or can't do. I think there are two different model numbers for the 80 GB unit that comes from the factory. The main selling point of the PS3 is that it is backwards compatible with PS2 games. If you can't play PS2 games then see if there is a patch you need since most of these units use software to play the older games.
http://playstation.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/playstation.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=232
All new 80gig models(CECHL01 or CECHK01) will not be backwards compatible. Personally I think that is retarded. I have a bunch of old PS2 games that I like to play that simply will not. :(

06hoss
11-10-2008, 06:39 PM
There you go...the first 80 gigger model is good, the next two models won't get it done for PS2 titles. Maybe it's because they switched over to a different engine (Emotion engine) or maybe they just thought it was time to let the PS2 go. Also as you pointed out the 40 GB models don't do it either.

Oh, I should have said COD4 earlier, not COD3...I had the number 3 on the brain. I have the next COD on pre-order...going to get it tomorrow. Another good game I should have mentioned is Bioshock. It's been out on the 360 and PC for about a year now, but it's either almost out for the PS3 or will be soon...that game is sweet. I've played it on the PC several times now.

ibstrokin
11-10-2008, 10:02 PM
http://playstation.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/playstation.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=232
All new 80gig models(CECHL01 or CECHK01) will not be backwards compatible. Personally I think that is retarded. I have a bunch of old PS2 games that I like to play that simply will not. :(

Yep, I just looked at the fine print on the box, and it says it's not compatible w/ps2. That blows, had I read that I might not have purchased it. But then again, the fact that it plays blue ray makes it a great deal. I guess it's out with the old and in with the new.

GT5 is kind of a let down also. No more hot rodding your car, no more rally, and the s license is a pita. On the s license, you cant bump, hit the wall, or go into the grass without penalty, basically impossible. For me, after you finish the c,b,a, licenses, the game is over. Of course the 2 player mode will always be fun.

nkystanger
11-11-2008, 09:27 AM
Oh, I should have said COD4 earlier, not COD3...I had the number 3 on the brain. I have the next COD on pre-order...going to get it tomorrow. .

Gamestop by my house released it yesterday. I picked up Cod5(not pre-ordered) after work yesterday and played it last night. Graphics are awesome.

mach_u
11-11-2008, 09:33 AM
Gamestop by my house released it yesterday. I picked up Cod5(not pre-ordered) after work yesterday and played it last night. Graphics are awesome.
I was thinking about picking it up. Overall impression? Is it well worth the money or should I just wait and pick it up used in a month or so?

nkystanger
11-11-2008, 10:36 AM
I only play the online version, and i love cod4. Depends on how much you like the game,the graphics and game play are unreal. i would say get it today! ha

ibstrokin
11-11-2008, 09:31 PM
I picked up cod5 today on everyone's recommendation, Graphics are awesome, I can see this thing taking some time. Also, I figured out a little moe on gt5, you can upgrade your car after you complete c,b,a licenses. You use the quick tune section.

ibstrokin
11-11-2008, 09:56 PM
Best Buy has a good deal going. I bought I am legend and 300 in blueray, and got a free ps3 remote, $37 total, can't beat it.

streetracer1
11-11-2008, 10:25 PM
Socom Confrontation is pretty sweet!
Online only though. Very addicting.......................

BradleyGT
11-24-2008, 03:25 PM
COD4 is one of the worst games I have played for PS3. I recommend that you play Midnight Club:Los Angeles or Army Of Two, these are two of my favs.

JamesjGT
11-24-2008, 04:08 PM
COD4 is the best game out there online.

BradleyGT
11-24-2008, 04:10 PM
COD4 is the best game out there online.

I played it online and it is just retarded, you have no idea what or who you need to shoot at. Also they all run around like fairies.

A05C
11-24-2008, 05:55 PM
you shoot at the people with no name above their head.. or it'll come up red when you get your sights on them.

JamesjGT
11-24-2008, 11:05 PM
you must not play to much if you don't like COD4 Thats a great game online.

2-8-1
11-25-2008, 10:57 AM
I played it online and it is just retarded, you have no idea what or who you need to shoot at. Also they all run around like fairies.

It's better on PC.

8banger
11-25-2008, 12:47 PM
It's better on PC.

Agreed much better on pc...especailly online...

8banger
11-25-2008, 12:51 PM
PC online has Tactical servers which I play mostly....NO Bunny hoping, hip firing,running like a mad man,,no cheats(wall spammers,auto aimbots.unlimited health.etc...more realistic....so to speak....

IWRBB
11-25-2008, 03:43 PM
PC online has Tactical servers which I play mostly....NO Bunny hoping, hip firing,running like a mad man,,no cheats(wall spammers,auto aimbots.unlimited health.etc...more realistic....so to speak....

I am so glad I did my FPS gaming back when Quake first came out, the early to mid 90s sometime. They were very few bots, and the server I played on was run my my ISP. We had good ping times and op rights. Kicking and banning the dumbasses was always satisfying.

We ran the original Threewave CTF mod with the 4 runes and the grappling hook. I remember grappling across the celings of rooms, capping off quad rockets left and right, leaving nothing but streams of blood and chunks of flesh bouncing around. Grappling people and unloading on them with the super nail gun, or just axing them to death. Good times man...

I can't stand online FPS stuff now, it's all about cheats and anti-cheating. We used to have some seriously good players and matches back in the day. You knew if someone had an aim bot, and that's about as far as you could go with cheating.

Lastly, FPS on a console, no way man. You need a mouse for that type of gaming IMO.

stang5slow
12-08-2008, 02:10 AM
got a 40g here, love the graphics and gameplay, im hooked on call of duty 4 and world at war, WAW has a zombie part to it thats addictive, you gotta try to see how many rounds you can survive

nkystanger
12-08-2008, 05:41 PM
got a 40g here, love the graphics and gameplay, im hooked on call of duty 4 and world at war, WAW has a zombie part to it thats addictive, you gotta try to see how many rounds you can survive

Just started playing zombie. We got up to level 17. gotta get the ray gun and flame thrower....

06hoss
12-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Hey have any of you guys played WAW on Veteran? I'm up to the map that's called "Relentless" (fighting japs) and I can't get past the part where the flame thrower tank moves up. I keep getting up to where the tank stops, but then those crazy japs nade me to death. I keep throwing them back, but they throw too many of them.
PS I played that nazi zombie mode once...it is pretty cool...
PPS If any of you guys can kill that Nazi General with a pistol then you are the shit (that's a trophy). I don't even have a pistol at that point and can barely hit him with the sniper since the whole damn German army is shooting at me.

stang5slow
12-09-2008, 05:28 PM
Just started playing zombie. We got up to level 17. gotta get the ray gun and flame thrower....

ya, highest ive made it to is 21, survived 20 lasted like 30 seconds in 21 lol whats your online s/n? mine is stang5slow, add me if you want

ibstrokin
12-10-2008, 12:44 AM
Hey have any of you guys played WAW on Veteran? I'm up to the map that's called "Relentless" (fighting japs) and I can't get past the part where the flame thrower tank moves up. I keep getting up to where the tank stops, but then those crazy japs nade me to death. I keep throwing them back, but they throw too many of them.
PS I played that nazi zombie mode once...it is pretty cool...
PPS If any of you guys can kill that Nazi General with a pistol then you are the shit (that's a trophy). I don't even have a pistol at that point and can barely hit him with the sniper since the whole damn German army is shooting at me.

Wait until you get to the tank part, that's a bitch.

Also I picked up Rainbow 6, Vegas 2, so far that game kicks ass.

nkystanger
12-10-2008, 10:33 AM
ya, highest ive made it to is 21, survived 20 lasted like 30 seconds in 21 lol whats your online s/n? mine is stang5slow, add me if you want

i'm bdeal80

il add ya

stang5slow
12-10-2008, 04:10 PM
ya rainbow 6 vegas 2 is the sh*t too, i play that sometimes, i play alot more now that winter is here, and dont like to drive the stang as much

07thorobrd
12-10-2008, 09:50 PM
i was at walmart last night and there is a new 160 gb ps3 out it will play all ps2 games and it has a video recording option and it is a blue ray dvd player. it also comes w/ a controller and a game plus it has 80 more gigs of storage. if i wouldnt have just gotten a wii i would buy it. its $499 plus tax but it sounds so awesome and im not really that into games