PDA

View Full Version : Do it right the first time!!!!!!!

Black92LX
11-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Folks if you are going to do it, do it right the first time and save yourself some trouble in the future.
Prime Example as to why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/Black92LX/DSCN0545.jpg
No my friends that is not oil!!!!! That would be my coolant and I have no one to blame but myself.
My coolant crossover cracked in the middle of last summer. I did not have a garage so I let it sit. Well I finally decided to swap the intake, plugs, blah, blah, blah. Before it went into storage for the winter. Well as I stated I did not have a garage it was damn near 100* and I had no shade. I did the job in haste and ended up breaking the radiator drain cock and getting pissed. All the parts stores were out of drain cocks. So I said forget it and did not fully flush the system instead I just added some antifreeze and water. Drove it like that for about 200 miles and put it in storage.
Fast forward to just over a year later today. Finally got my house built and have a garage and it's time to deal with what I just let sit.
Well today was coolant flush day and look what I have nothing but a pain in the ass that had I just done it right the first time I would not be in this predicament.
I am currently draining the system for the 4th time. This being the 2nd after using a radiator flush chemical.
The water is still quite brown but we are making excellent progress. I say two more go rounds and we will be pretty good.

So remember friends, do it right the first time!!!

bobtsgt
11-11-2008, 03:42 PM
I wouldn't feel so bad. When I swapped radiators the first time I flushed it 6 times before everything came out clean. At least its not oil in your coolant.

k062693w
11-11-2008, 03:48 PM
What's a little Rust among friends LOL

1986GT
11-11-2008, 07:26 PM
Pretty bad stuff there. LOL!

Rick93coupe
11-11-2008, 08:26 PM
Thats the biggest vat of gravy I've ever seen. I sure hope your not gonna use instant potatoes!

j/k, keep at it, I bought a car that was like that once. It was time consuming.

Black92LX
11-11-2008, 11:29 PM
I wouldn't feel so bad. When I swapped radiators the first time I flushed it 6 times before everything came out clean. At least its not oil in your coolant.

That was my fear when it first started draining that bad. I am at 5 flushes now and it's getting better. No oil slicks in it so I am pretty positive it's not oil. Plus my oil level is just fine.

Just some rust from sitting for a year I guess.

wht_stang
11-11-2008, 11:37 PM
lol this reminds me. bob broke my pit cock

plattner01
11-12-2008, 02:15 AM
wow that was coolant i thought that was a bucket of mud

facemelter71
11-12-2008, 10:39 AM
I used that chemical coolant junk.It ate my water pump gasket out.I just kept on flushing,replaced the rad twice with the lifetime warranty radiators.