PDA

View Full Version : stripped lug.

Ryan218
11-11-2008, 11:23 PM
ok. stripped a lug on the new rear end :mad: knew i should of called it a day but was rushing to get it done and it happend. i can not get it off. just sits there and spins on the end of the stud. tried putting pressure behide it and turning it but it dose nothing. any ideaS?

Stangman
11-12-2008, 09:16 AM
ok. stripped a lug on the new rear end :mad: knew i should of called it a day but was rushing to get it done and it happend. i can not get it off. just sits there and spins on the end of the stud. tried putting pressure behide it and turning it but it dose nothing. any ideaS?

Hacksaw or a sawzall. Then knock the old stud out. and get a new one and get a mean-ass impact and another lug nut to pull it back through.

zmcnutt
11-12-2008, 05:35 PM
impact works alright you just have to be careful the stud doesnt get too hot and warp i know from experience wasnt good. press it in if possible and just to be extra safe i put a tac on it and that stud wont go anywhere

1992MustangDW
11-12-2008, 06:34 PM
to get it off have someone pull on the wheel with all the other lug nuts off and use an impact and pull the stripped lug off.... push old out with hammer, then pull new one threw with impact.

Ryan218
11-14-2008, 10:41 AM
to get it off have someone pull on the wheel with all the other lug nuts off and use an impact and pull the stripped lug off.... push old out with hammer, then pull new one threw with impact.

i did what you said. thanks man. that got it off in about 5 seconds :bigthumb

1992MustangDW
11-14-2008, 01:31 PM
No Problem.